Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All-Inclusive, Costa Rica [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All-Inclusive, Costa Rica [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
this is taken out of context and disingenuous

Originally Posted by TerryK
Is this still the case? Any improvement in dinner reservation process?
TerryK, this "quote" is taken out of context from a 4-year old review, which is mainly positive! Very disingenuous to the say the least - at most - dishonest.

Yes, reservations are req'd in an all inclusive resort. During our stay at peak time, we had no issue getting dinner reservations. Read the rest of the reviews and you will see what I mean.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
We are headed to the The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal in a few weeks. We had planned to vacation in the Caribbean, but the hurricanes this year have had different plans.

I'm curious if anyone has some recent "tips" to follow. For example, which restaurants should we make sure to reserve first? What other activities in the area would you recommend (or not ... )? What's the best transportation option to/from LIR?

We booked a 4 night stay (I didn't ask if the 5th night is free given the all-inclusiveness - we can't get away an extra night anyway). I was quoted the following (for 2 adults - more people or kids are extra):
Golf View Jr. Suite - 120k
Deluxe Jr. Suite - 126k
Royal Room - 130k

We opted to guarantee the RBC and used SNA to request a RBC Suite.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question SPG redemptions?

We stayed in the RBC a couple of years ago on a free nights reward redemption.
Checking for a rtn visit, I am not seeing any free night rewards and "limited SPG participation". Any FTs redeemed SPG points recently?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
We stayed in the RBC a couple of years ago on a free nights reward redemption.
Checking for a rtn visit, I am not seeing any free night rewards and "limited SPG participation". Any FTs redeemed SPG points recently?
Look up one post. We stayed in the RBC in October on points and upgraded to a suite in the RBC with SNAs. I emailed my ambassador to get options of rooms to reserve on points and posted those above.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:51 pm

Does anyone have any idea how many points/night for this resort when the program are merged in August? Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
I keep trying to book this on points, but apparently they haven't "officially" signed on to the new system.

Marriott's website is properly quoting 48k points/night for 5 nights, but the rate doesn't appear when I get redirected to the legacy SPG booking page. Phone reps are telling me that they have no idea when this hotel will be able to accept points bookings again.

Anyone been able to get a booking done here? Or get a refund on the difference if they've had a pre-merger booking in place?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ejg930
I keep trying to book this on points, but apparently they haven't "officially" signed on to the new system.

Marriott's website is properly quoting 48k points/night for 5 nights, but the rate doesn't appear when I get redirected to the legacy SPG booking page. Phone reps are telling me that they have no idea when this hotel will be able to accept points bookings again.

Anyone been able to get a booking done here? Or get a refund on the difference if they've had a pre-merger booking in place?
Marriott is having problems with points bookings at all-suite properties and at all-inclusive properties.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:45 am

I am getting quoted for 480k for 5 nights on the Marriott website, despite it saying that the average points per night is 60k. I thought it was because I am 2 guests, but reducing to 1 guest is still 120k per night. I guess I'll call Marriott to see what's going on.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well I just booked over new year's eve and got the five nights for 240k.

Is it worth the premium over the other 35k per night places? J.W. Marriott, Los Suenos or El Magrove?

I know it's all inclusive, but is it a big step up in luxury? Is it just the buffet that is all inclusinve?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
Well I just booked over new year's eve and got the five nights for 240k.

Is it worth the premium over the other 35k per night places? J.W. Marriott, Los Suenos or El Magrove?

I know it's all inclusive, but is it a big step up in luxury? Is it just the buffet that is all inclusinve?

I have stayed here, the JW and Punta Islita. I would rank this in third of those three. I like Punta Islita the best for the authentic CR experience. It's rustic-but has luxury. In the jungle with great flora and fauna. The JW is total luxury with the biggest pool in central america. Beautiful beach with fabulous sunsets. The Westin has a terrible beach IMHO. Its walled off because of so many 3rd party vendors hounding you the second you step foot there. At the resort, everything is fine...its just not unique-not CR. If I blind folded you and teleported you there and asked you to guess where you were, you wouldn't know it was CR. The resort is massive with shuttles that take you around. It just loses all CR identity. We wouldn't go back here, but would visit the others very quickly.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I have stayed here, the JW and Punta Islita. I would rank this in third of those three. I like Punta Islita the best for the authentic CR experience. It's rustic-but has luxury. In the jungle with great flora and fauna. The JW is total luxury with the biggest pool in central america. Beautiful beach with fabulous sunsets. The Westin has a terrible beach IMHO. Its walled off because of so many 3rd party vendors hounding you the second you step foot there. At the resort, everything is fine...its just not unique-not CR. If I blind folded you and teleported you there and asked you to guess where you were, you wouldn't know it was CR. The resort is massive with shuttles that take you around. It just loses all CR identity. We wouldn't go back here, but would visit the others very quickly.

Hope that helps.
very helpful! Might split the time at the JW and the Andaz (but might not want 9 days of chillin', so still undecided). Big difference is the Andaz has a non-refundable cancellation policy on points *i.e. award reservations) over NYE.unti Jan 5. Marriott is normal in this regard.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
very helpful! Might split the time at the JW and the Andaz (but might not want 9 days of chillin', so still undecided). Big difference is the Andaz has a non-refundable cancellation policy on points *i.e. award reservations) over NYE.unti Jan 5. Marriott is normal in this regard.
I understand. I like some flexibility. Even 30 or 60 day cancellation.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:08 pm

So, I'm seeing $3k even for 5 nights 2 persons on Marriott Vacations including airfare. Opinions?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:45 am

Royal beach club. Worth it?

Can anyone who has stayed here before advise whether it’s worth paying the premium for royal beach club?

Thansk
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: CO Silver-SPG Gold
Can anyone provide any input if your Bonvy Status gave you any perks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.