Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:35 pm

Does anyone have an email address for the reservations manager or GM for this hotel? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Post Xmas 2018 stay

Stay: 27-31/12 2018
Room: booked a double bed regular room at military/USG rate.
Suite Night Award: applied 4 to the booking
Result: upgraded to The Sakura Suite on 17th Floor! Room was excellent. Great closet space. Amazing tub and separate shower with great water pressure. Possibly the most elegant suite I’ve stayed at in the legacy SPG Collection. (FYI: honor of best suite goes to JW Marriott Hanoi and it’s HUGE ultra modern, dark wood suite via complementary upgrade in Dec 2017!)

Platinum benefits included breakfast buffet (very nice but a small space so some traffic jams) and Ą3000 daily allowance from the in-room mini-bar.

Location: right above the Hommachi metro station with connection to three lines with the Midosuji line being incredibly convenient to Umeda (for JR trains) and Namba (for Dotomburi food alleys & airport express).
i meant to check out the locations of the Marriott and Sheraton but didn’t get to that. They did seem a little farther from the StR. The Westin requires a bit of walking from Umeda so not too convenient, and while the Courtyart Osaka is next to the Shin-Osaka station, it is probably most convenient for passing thru via high speed trains.

Should travels take me back to Osaka, I think the StR amenities, location, and friendly staff will likely get my business. Second, I’d probaly chose the Courtyard since I’d likely only be there a few days and hopping on a train.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Does anyone have an email address for the reservations manager or GM for this hotel? Thanks.
Saw no answer to this from a few months ago. I am in a similar situation. I would like to contact the concierge by email to arrange restaurant reservations, etc. for my trip and the website has no local email info. I have noticed this for other Marriott, Starwood, etc properties. It is a big flaw in their online presence but that is another topic for discussion.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Love this hotel! Great location to all of the covered shopping streets as well. Our daughter wanted a Kimono for her graduation present and we took photos of her at various spots around Osaka. Great trip and wonderful hotel and staff.

Our daughter with the St. Regis Osaka Bar in the background.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
Saw no answer to this from a few months ago. I am in a similar situation. I would like to contact the concierge by email to arrange restaurant reservations, etc. for my trip and the website has no local email info. I have noticed this for other Marriott, Starwood, etc properties. It is a big flaw in their online presence but that is another topic for discussion.
At the St. Regis, the butler service is preferred method of getting what you want accomplished. [email protected] They can help make reservations, etc. Enjoy.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by krakendown
At the St. Regis, the butler service is preferred method of getting what you want accomplished. [email protected] They can help make reservations, etc. Enjoy.
Perhaps try the above email but also try [email protected]. That’s the new domain since the Marriott integration.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:41 am

But no swimming poolis not good!!!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by krakendown
Thanks. This was what I needed. I got a quick reply and my requested Michelin restaurants are all reserved for my stay.
I took the liberty to put this email address on the forum Wiki.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by bloodyeyeballs; Apr 15, 2019 at 9:26 am Reason: edit
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I found a rate for the St. Regis Osaka of 30,000 yen ($276.00) per night (including all taxes and fees), which I thought was pretty reasonable. My stay was in early June 2019. This was my first-ever stay at a St. Regis, and I had fairly high expectations based on other people’s reviews of this hotel chain. My review can be found at the link below.
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ka-review-3335
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:05 am

I am deciding between Osaka St. Regis vs Conrad for 3 nights in November. St. Regis is about $100 more expensive ($900 vs $1000). Can I get some opinions?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:00 pm

We are visiting Osaka with my parents next month, so we have 2 rooms booked for 1 night. We are Platinum so we'll get free breakfast for our room. Does anyone know how generous St. Regis Osaka is in extending the free Platinum breakfast to the 2nd room? This seems to be a situation that is solely up to the hotel's discretion.

Also, how much is the breakfast buffet? If it is unlikely that we'll get free breakfast for the 2nd room, I'd like to consider getting the breakfast package for the 2nd room. I know my dad would enjoy a nice hotel breakfast!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by XFer2
We are visiting Osaka with my parents next month, so we have 2 rooms booked for 1 night. We are Platinum so we'll get free breakfast for our room. Does anyone know how generous St. Regis Osaka is in extending the free Platinum breakfast to the 2nd room? This seems to be a situation that is solely up to the hotel's discretion.

Also, how much is the breakfast buffet? If it is unlikely that we'll get free breakfast for the 2nd room, I'd like to consider getting the breakfast package for the 2nd room. I know my dad would enjoy a nice hotel breakfast!
The easy solution is to book the 2nd room under FHR or Virtuoso - it would include the breakfast as well as USD100 credit so it will likely work out cheaper than even a pre-paid rate with breakfast.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
The easy solution is to book the 2nd room under FHR or Virtuoso - it would include the breakfast as well as USD100 credit so it will likely work out cheaper than even a pre-paid rate with breakfast.
What is FHR?

I did check Virtuoso and you're right - it is a few $ cheaper but includes $100 F&B credit! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Don't get too excited about the breakfast! I had a 4 night stay a couple of weeks ago and was really dissatisfied. We found exactly the same limited spread every day, staff were inattentive, the restaurant had relatively early closing time and the queues to get in were a little crazy.

I was very disappointed and don't feel it was anywhere close to the standard expected of a St Regis. As a consequence I won't be going back.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by XFer2
What is FHR?

I did check Virtuoso and you're right - it is a few $ cheaper but includes $100 F&B credit! Thanks for the suggestion!
FHR is the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts program, which is available for Amex Platinum or Centurion card holders.

Broadly the same benefits as Virtuoso, except that the coverage between the two varies (there are a number of properties which participate in one but not the other).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.