Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Pelapela...thanks for the reply. I'll be staying there this month.

As a standard suite has 2 LCD's... does it also have 2 stocked complimentary minibars for Plats?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by Barefootdr
Pelapela...thanks for the reply. I'll be staying there this month.

As a standard suite has 2 LCD's... does it also have 2 stocked complimentary minibars for Plats?
No.Sorry. But, even one mini bar is enough. Here is the list of mini stocks, which I can remember of. One Red (375ml), one white(375ml), one champagne(375ml), nine different kids of liquors(mini bottle), two evian,five different kinds of beer,two cola,two tropicana,two japanese brands of mineral water, one pack of godiva, and some different snacks.

So, it's totally enough for a small party, and it's all free for platinum members. Really nice treatment.

Last edited by pelapela; Dec 1, 2010 at 10:19 pm
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:32 pm

Your memory capacity is very good...and if I can make it through half of what you listed as being available from one minibar, I doubt that my capacity for remembering anything will be intact!!

Domo arigato for your reply
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Don't forget the Hibiki Whisky. That was one beautiful mini bottle. The bottle probably cost Suntory more than the contents.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Don't forget the Hibiki Whisky. That was one beautiful mini bottle. The bottle probably cost Suntory more than the contents.
More brain cells for me to depart with when I stay there...at least I'll have a beautiful empty bottle to remind me of where they went
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Another opening special offer.

One weekday free night + 5,000yen restaurant voucher when you stay at this property for 27,000yen. Free nights need to be redeemed within 3 months.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:08 pm

When I stayed there this past weekend , I was told that mini bar is limited to once per stay, not every night. Appearently someone abused it and killed this golden goose
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by anchor79
When I stayed there this past weekend , I was told that mini bar is limited to once per stay, not every night. Appearently someone abused it and killed this golden goose
....Well, I guess someone packed up everything.
Anyway, the new promotion is really nice. Along with MC promotion, I will be staying there during my February vacation.

Last edited by pelapela; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:19 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:24 pm
cic

First of all, this is my first post here and I would like to say thank you to everyone who share valuable information in this forum.

As I am planning to stay at SR Osaka for 5 days by the end of Jan., I am seeking advise if my plan to minimize the cost and maximize the benefit will work or not?

Background
1. I will check in on 29th of Jan. and check out on 3rd of Feb.
2. I will travel with my wife. I am a Plat member but she is not.

My Plan
1st day: I am going to use MC free night under my name.
2nd day: Pay opening special rate under my wife's name
3rd day: Pay opening special rate under my name
4th day: Redeem my wife's free night voucher
5th day: Redeem my free night voucher

Question
1. I couldn't found much information in the T&C's regarding free night voucher. Does my plan work?
2. Do I get minibar refilled every other day?
3. Will the hotel ask me to check out and in every day?

I am not a native English speaker and I hope my words is clear enough to understand.

Thank you.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I would doubt if you keep the same room for all nights they would refill the mini bar. They will most likely link all reservations like they do using Free Weekend Nights (FWN).

I am not aware of the terms and conditions. You would be very wise to contact the hotel directly with this.

Enjoy.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cic
First of all, this is my first post here and I would like to say thank you to everyone who share valuable information in this forum.

As I am planning to stay at SR Osaka for 5 days by the end of Jan., I am seeking advise if my plan to minimize the cost and maximize the benefit will work or not?

Background
1. I will check in on 29th of Jan. and check out on 3rd of Feb.
2. I will travel with my wife. I am a Plat member but she is not.

My Plan
1st day: I am going to use MC free night under my name.
2nd day: Pay opening special rate under my wife's name
3rd day: Pay opening special rate under my name
4th day: Redeem my wife's free night voucher
5th day: Redeem my free night voucher

Question
1. I couldn't found much information in the T&C's regarding free night voucher. Does my plan work?
2. Do I get minibar refilled every other day?
3. Will the hotel ask me to check out and in every day?

I am not a native English speaker and I hope my words is clear enough to understand.

Thank you.
I am thinking of doing someting similar.
Contacted the hotel two days ago but they have not replied
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Anybody with the experience of the free night certs of opening rate?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:12 am
soy

Programs: various
Recently used 3 Free night certs at SR-Osaka (weekend of Dec 10th)

We took the limo bus from KIX to Namba and then taxi to the hotel. It is located overhead Honmachi subway stn and one of the exits (5?) actually leads into the building where the SR is located. As expected did not get a suite upgrade, however was not expecting this based on earlier threads here.

Check-in was smooth, however as I had made the reservation prior to becoming plat, their system had me as gold and I had to tell them I was plat (when it became clear that they did not realise this).

Room was as described in the youtube clip earlier in this thread. Overall I liked the decor of the hotel, and I suspect it cost a lot of money to build based on the materials used and the finish. I did not see any evidence of grubbiness that was mentioned earlier in this thread. The view out the windows was fantastic and in the evenings we enjoyed relaxing in our SR Kimonos looking down on the city. This was made all the better by the well stocked mini bar (which was replenished each day). I would actually prefer this set-up to a regular lounge, as you are not bound by any lounge hours. Also as we had our 1yr old with us, a lounge would not really be of much use on this trip.

We had breakfast in the Italian twice and in the French restaurant once (they never told us about the French option and I only knew about this thru FT)

There are lots of staff in both the restaurants but they could be organized better, as many of them seemed to be milling around aimlessly. Too many chiefs methinks. That said, we did not have the delays that others have reported. My biggest gripe with both breakfast options is the very limited selection.

Breakfast choice is slightly broader in the Italian, but really should be much better. Also even though the place was full of staff, nobody thought to close the lids on the hot selections one morning, which meant everything was stone cold. No refills were offered for coffee or juice which is another basic. error.

Warning - do not go late to breakfast as they are on wind-down for the last 30mins and do not restock the selections. Things are pretty much closed down on the button and all items promptly removed.

As mentioned the French restaurant on the ground floor is a bit more limited in selection and has the same surplus of staff, however the eggs with cavier is very good. Mrs Soy had the foie gras omlette but we found it a tad too rich for our liking. Overall there is not much between the 2 breakfast options and the main reason for altering between the two is for a change of scenary.

(We actually met the guy from the Hyatt that others have mentioned in the Italian restaurant and he was one of the few restaurant staff that was on the ball - hope the others learn from him)

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, there are some minor teething difficulties, but nothing that could not be ironed out pretty easily. Whether or not I would return as a paying guest and pay 3x the prices at the other SPG properties in the area, is another matter.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
What are the restrctions of the cert? Can you use it the same day you receive it?

Originally Posted by soy
Recently used 3 Free night certs at SR-Osaka (weekend of Dec 10th)

Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 am
soy

Programs: various
They were the certs from the Free weekend nights promo last year, they could be used immediatly once they appeared in my account.

However the promo ended in Dec 10 and all unused certs would have now expired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.