Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 30, 19, 1:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhrubin
Wiki Link
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ew-issues-2626

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

【Room Upgrade】
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin to a Grand Deluxe King or a Grand Deluxe Twin Premier @ 2,750 points

【Room Upgrade to Suite Room】
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin or a Grand Deluxe King to a Grand Deluxe Suite @ 25,000 points
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin or a Grand Deluxe King to a Executive Suite @ 37,500 points

【Breakfast】
-Buffet Breakfast per person @ 3,000 points

They will offer more awards when it is available.

PLATINUM BENEFITS
  • Internet Access
  • Local call begins with "06"
  • Buffet breakfast at Restaurant
  • JPY3,000 allowance for the Mini-bar & Fridge per night
  • Late check out until 16:00

Accommodation Tax Beginning January 1, 2017

Beginning January 1, 2017, an accommodation tax of up to 300 JPY will be applied per person per night based on room rate. The accommodation tax is not included in your confirmed rate and will be charged additionally upon checkout. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 10, 3:38 am

Does anyone have an idea what a taxi would cost to the hotel from SHINOSAKA Station? We'll be taking the Shinkansen from Tokyo and figure that a cab would be the most convenient way to go to the hotel.
Old Nov 7, 10, 3:50 am
jhm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broadwayboy View Post
Does anyone have an idea what a taxi would cost to the hotel from SHINOSAKA Station? We'll be taking the Shinkansen from Tokyo and figure that a cab would be the most convenient way to go to the hotel.
I can't remember exactly but I've taken a taxi before from one of the central Osaka hotels (possibly the Imperial so it would be about the same as from the St Regis) to Shin Osaka early in the morning (no traffic). IIRC but I'm pretty sure, it was a few thousand Yen but certainly not at all like taking a taxi from central Tokyo to NRT!

However, once you get to Shin Osaka station and if your tickets allow, you could take a local train (rather than a taxi) for the short distance to Osaka station (from where you can take a taxi to the hotel for much less than the above). It just consists of leaving the Shinkansen part of the station, finding the right platform, taking an elevator and then hopping on one of the very frequent trains.
Old Nov 8, 10, 6:05 am

Programs: BA G , SPG Plt
The easiest way from Shin-osaka to St. Regis is subway.
Just JPY 230 and 5 stops to Hommachi station.
Then exit 7. And you are near by hotel entrance.
Old Nov 9, 10, 3:27 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
I can't remember exactly but I've taken a taxi before from one of the central Osaka hotels (possibly the Imperial so it would be about the same as from the St Regis) to Shin Osaka early in the morning (no traffic). IIRC but I'm pretty sure, it was a few thousand Yen but certainly not at all like taking a taxi from central Tokyo to NRT!
I guess so, too. Maybe it costs 2,000 - 3,000 yen.
Old Nov 10, 10, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Hyatt Expl
Sad to say I'm only Gold this year... what does that do for you at the SRO?
Old Nov 19, 10, 1:18 am

To answer my own question, cab fare was Y2020 from Shin-Osaka station. Luckily we brought a map and hotel address written in Japanese; otherwise, I don't think the cab driver would've been able to find the hotel.

As a Plat, we've been upgraded to Grand Deluxe Premiere room with 2 double beds. The hotel looks sold-out for the weekend.
Old Nov 19, 10, 7:29 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Enjoy. Please keep us updated on Hotel services and level of service. Thank you.
Old Nov 21, 10, 2:14 am

Few thoughts on what's good and not here:

The room (Grand Deluxe Premiere Corner) is very comfortable. It does feel narrow a little bit, but everything else works for me. The windows face East and in the morning, it is blindingly bright. There are few nice features in the room such as the electrical plug on the night stand, the circular dimmer on the night stand lamp, as well as some not so nice ones like the shower control. For some reason after one turns it on, it would turn off by itself in 5 seconds.

The decor of the hotel is more sophisticated than St Regis Singapore (duh!), but I find the decor or Rue D'Or bland.

Service at the hotel ranges from poor to good (not yet excellent, or even very good). This morning's breakfast service at Rue D'Or was poor. We arrived shortly before 10AM. It was rather busy, but most tables started to clear within 10 minutes. Our drink order did not get delivered after 15 minutes and finally arrived after we asked 2 wait staff members. Our omelette actually arrived before our tea and orange juice. There were many staff members around, but efficiency is not yet there. Language is a problem too. Some speaks no English at all. When I asked my for orange juice for the 2nd time, one staff nodded, then went on to notify her colleague that we required something. Worst part, the fresh squeezed orange juice was not even good. The fruit selection is paltry, but the pain au chocolat is very good.

The check-in was good, but not swift and seamless. At no point we were explained that breakfast and minibar was part of the Platinum amenity. It was only after we brought it up, it was mentioned. Perhaps the hotel should prepare a printed card explaining the benefits so that staff who's checking guests in can simply hand it to them?

The Concierge service is adequate, albeit very slow.

We left the room yesterday about 11AM and returned at 3:30PM. Our room was not yet serviced. Last night about 945PM when we were ready for bed, we could hear noises, which I think came from housekeeping staff vigorously cleaned the room next door - constant footsteps and banging. I just don't understand if the flooring is all carpet, how did I manage to hear foot steps on wood? Or maybe the noise was something else. Anyhow, the noise lasted for about 20 minutes or so before I fell asleep.
Old Nov 21, 10, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Well. Not much has changed in a month. We can only hope it gets better. I met a SR associate at Princeville who needs to be deployed to Osaka. This type of ongoing reputation will not bode well for the SR Osaka if it persists. The Japanese let alone use will never return to a so so property esp at these type of rates.
Old Nov 22, 10, 3:56 am

I don't mean to sound repetitive, but let me add few short comments on breakfast at La Veduta this morning. Poor. We were shown to our table and the maitre d' just disappeared. No one came to ask us for beverages or table order. We went to straight to the buffet. Again, very limited selection like Rue D'or downstairs, but there is scrambled egg, bacon, some sausages as well as boiled potato.

When we brought our plates to the table, we flagged a wait staff asking for tea and juice. After we finished our meal, neither tea nor juice arrived. I went myself to the bar and asked the staff to pour me a glass of juice. Another ten minutes passed by, no one delivered the tea. We did not even bother asking for a check (since we knew it's comped for Platinum and we already gave our room number when we arrived), so we left feeling slightly annoyed.

The wait staff in both restaurants need some serious training and/or re-training.
Old Nov 22, 10, 7:04 am

But they are consistent. You have to give them that.
Old Nov 30, 10, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Suite Room

Has anyone reserved>stayed or been upgraded yet as a Plat to a King Suite room at this hotel?

I've read some great detailed accounts of the other King & 2 Queen type rooms.

Also, if on a 3 night stay, with 2 of the days being a weekend; which of the 2 breakfast restaurants would you recommend eating at twice while trying the other only once.
Old Nov 30, 10, 12:14 pm

My last night was upgraded to a suite but as that stay was on points opted to keep the points as overall stay was so so. Did not spend that last night at SR.

Sure you have been reading the posts. I would opt to dine at lobby level (check-in) restaurant twice. The street level restaurant is ok in terms of spread.
Old Nov 30, 10, 7:11 pm

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
RTW...Domo for restaurant prefs
Old Nov 30, 10, 8:01 pm

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by Barefootdr View Post
Has anyone reserved>stayed or been upgraded yet as a Plat to a King Suite room at this hotel?

I've read some great detailed accounts of the other King & 2 Queen type rooms.

Also, if on a 3 night stay, with 2 of the days being a weekend; which of the 2 breakfast restaurants would you recommend eating at twice while trying the other only once.
I did get upgraded to a Hagi Suite, which is a standard suite for platinum upgrade. OK, the room is big, not nothing special excepts two huge LCDs both with blue ray players.

Search this Thread