Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 30, 19, 1:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhrubin
Wiki Link
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ew-issues-2626

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

【Room Upgrade】
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin to a Grand Deluxe King or a Grand Deluxe Twin Premier @ 2,750 points

【Room Upgrade to Suite Room】
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin or a Grand Deluxe King to a Grand Deluxe Suite @ 25,000 points
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin or a Grand Deluxe King to a Executive Suite @ 37,500 points

【Breakfast】
-Buffet Breakfast per person @ 3,000 points

They will offer more awards when it is available.

PLATINUM BENEFITS
  • Internet Access
  • Local call begins with "06"
  • Buffet breakfast at Restaurant
  • JPY3,000 allowance for the Mini-bar & Fridge per night
  • Late check out until 16:00

Accommodation Tax Beginning January 1, 2017

Beginning January 1, 2017, an accommodation tax of up to 300 JPY will be applied per person per night based on room rate. The accommodation tax is not included in your confirmed rate and will be charged additionally upon checkout. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 1, 19, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
FHR is the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts program, which is available for Amex Platinum or Centurion card holders.

Broadly the same benefits as Virtuoso, except that the coverage between the two varies (there are a number of properties which participate in one but not the other).
Ah. I don't have Amex Platinum or Centurion card, so that won't work for me.

If I book through Virtuoso, will I still get the night credit for the stay? We're pretty close to renewing Platinum so every night counts.
Old Nov 2, 19, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by XFer2 View Post
Ah. I don't have Amex Platinum or Centurion card, so that won't work for me.

If I book through Virtuoso, will I still get the night credit for the stay? We're pretty close to renewing Platinum so every night counts.
Virtuoso and FHR rates are eligible rates, but since you no longer get elite credit for multiple rooms, it won't make any difference as long as the non-Virtuoso room is booked in your name (which you will, for the elite benefits).
Old Dec 13, 21, 6:58 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Having read the room descriptions and looked at various pictures, I'm still not quite sure which room to book so hoping that the experts here could advise / share their preferences.

Quick overview first, planning a 4-5 night stay later in 2022, 2 adults, only Marriott Gold and never stayed at the hotel (usually at IC Osaka), but been many times to Osaka and familiar with location, general area and all that. Booking a corporate rate and have a choice of Deluxe City View, Grand Deluxe City View or Grand Deluxe Corner City View.

The "basic" Deluxe room is 3k JPY cheaper then the other two rooms at the base corporate rate before they apply what seems to be quite a steep 15% service charge and applicable taxes, so ~4k JPY more per night all in.

Grand Deluxe and Grand Deluxe Corner cost the same at our corp rate.

Which one best to pick (I'm assuming no upgrades to be forthcoming )? I can spend the ~20k JPY extra, but only if there is a real discernable difference as base rooms look fairly decent from the few pics I saw.

Happy to hear suggestions / opinions? Thank you.

Last edited by demue; Dec 14, 21 at 7:54 pm
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:56 pm

Programs: Avios
Hi, I have tried searching this thread but I could not find an answer, does Titanium status get you into the Exec lounge at this hotel??
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tilto007 View Post
Hi, I have tried searching this thread but I could not find an answer, does Titanium status get you into the Exec lounge at this hotel??
there is no executive lounge at the St. Regis Osaka.
bizum, Tilto007 and nexusCFX like this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 8:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Also according to the t&c

iv. Guaranteed Lounge Access. The Member plus one guest staying in the same room receives access to the Concierge/Executive/Club/Signature Club/M Club lounge (collectively, “Lounge” or “Lounge Access”) during normal hours of operations at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Delta Hotels, Le Mridien, Westin, Autograph Collection, and Renaissance Hotels. Resort properties excluded at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, Autograph Collection, and Renaissance Hotels. At Delta Hotels properties without a Signature Club Lounge, as the approved alternative the Member will receive access to the Elite Pantry. Lounge Access is offered at Courtyard properties with a Lounge outside the United States and Canada. This benefit is not applicable when breakfast is included in the rate or the brand offers an approved alternative. Additional charges may apply for Lounge Access where the guest count is greater than the Member plus one allowance (including children). Lounge amenities may include light snacks and daily continental breakfast. Lounge Access is not offered at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Protea Hotels, Fairfield, AC Hotels, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Element, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, and at The Phoenician Residences, a Luxury Collection Residence Club, Scottsdale. This benefit only applies to the one (1) guest room in which the Platinum Elite Member is staying.

Plenty of brands excluded.
Tilto007 likes this.

Search this Thread