Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:24 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by tys90
It is very nice with a great location but I'd have trouble stomaching those rates. Before it went up to a Cat 6, points were almost always a great value.

I wouldn't count on April rates going down unless it's very late April as early to mid April is prime cherry blossom viewing.

I would book something refundable at a cheaper spot as a backup and wait to see if the rates come down unless you absolutely need to stay at a SPG property.
Thanks. I have the Westin booked on C&P which is much cheaper by comparison; it does sound like the St. Regis is nicer but perhaps not that much so (even 30K JPY, though cheaper than current rates, is not exactly a bargain). I'll have to keep an eye on it between now and then.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bgriff
Thanks. I have the Westin booked on C&P which is much cheaper by comparison; it does sound like the St. Regis is nicer but perhaps not that much so (even 30K JPY, though cheaper than current rates, is not exactly a bargain). I'll have to keep an eye on it between now and then.
to me, st. regis is indeed MUCH NICER than the westin. though i never stayed at the westin anyway. (st. regis 3 times, sheraton once)
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
to me, st. regis is indeed MUCH NICER than the westin. though i never stayed at the westin anyway. (st. regis 3 times, sheraton once)
Hm, well now with the announcements this morning the Ritz-Carlton is in play as well ... Flyertalk is about to get VERY busy with SPG and Marriott people exploring the respective other program...
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Stayed at this lovely St Regis and overall I recommend it.

The positives:
1- Excellent Platinum recognition wich includes:
* 3,000 JPY credit towards mini-bar (as they have no lounge).
* Free buffet or Japanese style breakfast.
* Two pieces of pressing per day per room (needed since there is no iron in the room).
* 4pm checkout.
* upgraded to a large suite/style room. Beautiful large window overlooking Osaka.

2- Nice zen garden to enjoy outside the lobby. Some small seating areas to sit in lobby.

3- Nice location right above metro and within walking to the happenings and business areas.

4- The service is impeccable.

The negatives:
1- The hotel definitely needs to improve it's gym. Too small for a hotel priced at this range.

2- The American buffet breakfast food was plentiful but poor quality for a hotel of this type. Surprising to me since food in Osaka is fantastic. However the Japanese style breakfast was, as expected, exceptional. I also found the menus for lunch/dinner to be underwhelming, especially for vegetarians.

3- They have a nice large business center (that's a positive) But it's kept locked and requires someone to open it for you (rather than your keycard allowing access). Took an extra 10 minutes to get in due to this.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel - although it is budget busting.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Stayed here a couple of times.

Never been upgraded to a suite. (Their grand deluxe room, iirc, is pretty nice and spacious anyway.)

However, with impeccable service and location, this hotel is still my go-to in Osaka.

Really looking forward to stay here again.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Accommodation Tax Beginning January 1, 2017

Accommodation Tax Beginning January 1, 2017

Beginning January 1, 2017, an accommodation tax of up to 300 JPY will be applied per person per night based on room rate. The accommodation tax is not included in your confirmed rate and will be charged additionally upon checkout. Please contact the hotel for further information.

I believe this applies to all hotels, no just this one.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
The negatives:

2- The American buffet breakfast food was plentiful but poor quality for a hotel of this type. Surprising to me since food in Osaka is fantastic. However the Japanese style breakfast was, as expected, exceptional. I also found the menus for lunch/dinner to be underwhelming, especially for vegetarians.
Agree with all your positives and add that I loved their intimate St. Regis bar and their fully stocked Suntory whisky selection!

Also was a bit surprised about the above as well. I'm not a big breakfast person to begin with and yet was still underwhelmed.

Loved their French restaurant on the ground floor Rue D'or. A tip: I walked in for lunch one day and they were surprisingly packed. Host recommended making a reservation, which I did smartly, as when I came back for lunch another day, they were packed again.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, UA Silver, SPG PLAT, Marriott PLAT, Hyatt PLAT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
I'm planning a Japan trip for April of next year. I've noticed that Japanese hotels seem to publish only very high rates, perhaps even "rack", this far in advance -- St. Regis Osaka is going for 53K JPY for my dates (and Westin for 50K JPY) and no C&P. But it does appear that bookings in the next few weeks are much cheaper, with the St. Regis below 30K JPY on some dates and some C&P availability.

Just curious for those who know this hotel, is this kind of near-in discounting common at the St. Regis? Or is it just that we're in an off time of year right now?

Reviews seem to suggest the St. Regis is definitely nicer than the Westin, but not sure if I can justify 25K points/night or 53K JPY.
Glad I read this as I was planning to book a prepaid rate of 50k JPY in late June/Early July and I believe that is an off-peak time. Will book another property at a refundable rate (Marriott Osaka?) as a backup for now and keep an eye on the St Regis prices. Looking to use my Citi Prestige when I finally book and get the 4th night free.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:10 pm

April is much more expensive because of the cherry blossoms. Stay after april or mid march for cheaper prices.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA PLAT, UA Silver, SPG PLAT, Marriott PLAT, Hyatt PLAT, HH Diamond
Can anyone tell me if ~34,000 Yen (or ~$290) a night is a good rate for this hotel? I have a trip for end of June / early July and that seems to be the going rate. I'm wondering if I should book now with that prepaid rate or wait and see if i goes down any further? Has anyone else booked rates much lower than that?

I also will be traveling with 2 young kids (age 5 and 7) but per the website, it says kids sleep free in existing bedding (max 2 kids). Is it ok if I book rates based on 2 adults only? If I change it to 2 adults and 1 child, it automatically makes me choose the Grand Deluxe room which is slight bigger than deluxe but the beds are basically the same. As a SPG Plat, it would be nice to just book a Deluxe and maybe get an upgrade but I'd be ok just staying in the Deluxe as well. If I enter 2 adults, 2 kids, it doesn't even give me the option to book a room (even a suite!). Anyone have experience with how St Regis (or other hotels in Japan) enforce these policies?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:06 pm

^I think that's a pretty good rate for the hotel.

On a side note, their full body shower is amazing! It's like going whitewater rafting without the raft.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by booyun
Can anyone tell me if ~34,000 Yen (or ~$290) a night is a good rate for this hotel? I have a trip for end of June / early July and that seems to be the going rate. I'm wondering if I should book now with that prepaid rate or wait and see if i goes down any further? Has anyone else booked rates much lower than that?
I've never paid more that 20k yen all-in here via BRGs; the hotel has been getting a lot busier, though, so it's hard to predict what competing rates you'll be able to find going forward. Personally, I would not lock in a non-refundable $300 rate, but then again, I'm not willing to pay $300 for any hotel.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:38 pm

St. Regis 13 - 17 March

Used the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit. Room rate was 38,000YEN before tax/fees.

Checked in 2:30PM
Upgraded 5 floors higher on the Grand Deluxe Room.
Buffett style breakfast (Japanese or International), 2 guests, free.
Checked out late at 2PM, no issues.
Used the $100 Food/Beverage credit at the local restaurants/room service
4th night free, credited at checkout.
Free Wi-Fi, relatively fast.

Combined offer with SPG Gold, so was able to receive my choice of 2 complimentary beverages at the bar including my guest at a $40 value.

Received SPG Gold gift - boxed chocolates, 4 pieces, assorted flavors.

Received American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits fact sheet at check-in, with all benefits verbally explained.

Overall, very satisfied with my stay.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How does this compare to the Sheraton?
I have three upcoming nights in Osaka.

I have an approved BRG claim at the Sheraton. Would book two rooms there at a rate of 9,225 JPY per night per room (including taxes/service charge).

I just sent in a BRG claim for the St. Regis as well, and if it gets approved, the rate would be set to about 26,800 JPY per night including taxes/service charge.

So we're looking at about 160 USD vs. 240 USD per night, for 2 people.
I don't mind sharing the room, but would of course "lose" 1 stay/3 nights for requalification.

I have SPG Platinum status. Is the St. Regis worth the premium?
It's our first time in the area.
Thanks!
Old May 4, 2017, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.)
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Is the St. Regis worth the premium?
It's our first time in the area.
Thanks!
Being that it´s your first time in the area, and being that (I find) the St. Regis is KIX´s best property...yes, it´s worth the premium. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.