Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 30, 19, 1:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhrubin
Wiki Link
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ew-issues-2626

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

【Room Upgrade】
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin to a Grand Deluxe King or a Grand Deluxe Twin Premier @ 2,750 points

【Room Upgrade to Suite Room】
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin or a Grand Deluxe King to a Grand Deluxe Suite @ 25,000 points
-Upgrade from a Deluxe Twin or a Grand Deluxe King to a Executive Suite @ 37,500 points

【Breakfast】
-Buffet Breakfast per person @ 3,000 points

They will offer more awards when it is available.

PLATINUM BENEFITS
  • Internet Access
  • Local call begins with "06"
  • Buffet breakfast at Restaurant
  • JPY3,000 allowance for the Mini-bar & Fridge per night
  • Late check out until 16:00

Accommodation Tax Beginning January 1, 2017

Beginning January 1, 2017, an accommodation tax of up to 300 JPY will be applied per person per night based on room rate. The accommodation tax is not included in your confirmed rate and will be charged additionally upon checkout. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 6, 10, 3:24 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
I just checked in St. Regis Osaka. What I was offered as SPG-P is below.

- Room upgrade (from the delux twin to the grand delux premium twin)
- 4.p.m late check-out
- Complimentary Breakfast at our Italiatn Restaurant "La Veduta"
- Complimentary mini-bar
- Complimentary in-room internet
- Complimentary welcome gift (500 points or cocktail : original bloody mary at bar)
- Complimentary weekday newspaper

As for the standard rooms, they have 3 types that are delux twin or king (43㎡), grand delux king (51㎡) and grand delux premium twin (46㎡), and if you prefer the wide room, you should choose the king room. But the grand delux premium room is at the corner and with the view bath.
Old Oct 6, 10, 6:57 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Arigato. Our trusted FTer in Japan with some good news.

Yasuki. Can you please comment on being a tourist and staying at the SR Osaka? Thank you again. Hope to see you again soon.
Old Oct 6, 10, 7:33 am

Some people say that St. Regis Osaka is at inconvenient place, but I never think so because it takes 5 -10 mins from Osaka(Umeda) station and Nanba station by subway. Do you know how it takes from Shinagawa to Shinjuku on JR Yamanote Train? 20 mins!!! And it takes 10-15 mins to HRT, Hilton Tokyo and Park Hyatt Tokyo then on foot or by the shuttle bus.

In my opinion, this hotel is similar to Conrad Tokyo. Very nice, but still young. Please help the staff in order to be satisfied with ourselves in the future!

RTWSTARALLIANCE:

I am sorry that I could not see you there, but if there is any trouble or question, Please give me an e-mail or call me!

Warm regards,

Yasuki
Old Oct 6, 10, 8:36 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Thank you. Happy to assist the Hotel in offering excellent service/benefits to SPG members. Will contact if necessary. Arigato.
Old Oct 6, 10, 2:21 pm

Thank you for useful information. Hopefully things will get better when we visit there in December!
Old Oct 6, 10, 3:42 pm
jhm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barefootdr View Post
jhm...another very helpful post upon your leaving stay. We are thinking about dinning in the Italian restaurant there, but after reading your comments seems 50/50 +/-...maybe kitchen needs some time to get up to speed. Was also planning to spend some time in the bar, however cavernous/soulless, is well...

How was the mini-bar selection if I chose to pass on the free breakfast option?
The Italian restaurant was maybe about half full on the night I dined (admittedly the opening night) and as mentioned, it was sloooooow.

I can't comment about the mini-bar selection as they didn't offer me as a plat the complimentary mini-bar (as they seem to have offered yasuki).

Originally Posted by jhm
reservations dot osaka @ ... I've made requests there and had replies.
I e-mailed about the 5,000 Yen credit not deducted from my bill and the missing 500 point amenity and got a quick reply back within 24 hours (from reception dot osaka) saying the former would be credited to my card and the latter had now been credited.
Old Oct 6, 10, 3:53 pm
jhm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE View Post
How is the SR is terms of being a tourist?
It's not inconvenient (provided you're happy to walk, take the subway or a taxi) but there are other hotels which are more convenient for Umeda (e.g. the Hilton and RC) and Namba (e.g. the Swissotel).
Old Oct 6, 10, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
it seems that when booking free nights at this hotel, the only standard rooms are two doubles... is it correct that there are no king standard rooms? if so, it seems like they are making it difficult to redeem here.
Old Oct 6, 10, 5:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer View Post
it seems that when booking free nights at this hotel, the only standard rooms are two doubles... is it correct that there are no king standard rooms? if so, it seems like they are making it difficult to redeem here.
Bedding types on award reservations are by request only anyway, so I would book whatever they have available for when you wish to go and request a king bed. Who knows, could be there might be a cancellation that will work in your favor.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 6, 10, 9:57 pm

Transport from KIX. For the record please. Thanks.

Can we please get a detailed post on transit from KIX to SR Osaka and then back? Prefer to take the Haruka from / to KIX. Also. Is or will there be any "Airport Limousine" service from KIX to SR like service at NRT? While we are at it. From Shin Osaka and Osaka Station (aka near Hilton) to SR please. Can we get some comments on the Namba area? Thanks.

Yasuki. I know you got some pics. Any chance on a link to them for us here at FT?

This seems to be the general area. Found this which is a start on appx. times.

http://www.swissotel.com/NR/rdonlyre...tation_Map.pdf

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Oct 6, 10 at 10:09 pm
Old Oct 6, 10, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Barefootdr View Post
How was the mini-bar selection
- red wine (half size)
- white wine (half size)
- champagne (half size Veuve Clicquot Yellow)
- 5 kinds of whisky (mini bottle)
- 5 kinds of spirits (mini bottle)
- 5 kinds of beer
- 2 kinds of mineral water
- 1 water with gas
- 1 soda
- 1 coke and 1 zero coke
- 1 orange juice and 1 apple juice
Old Oct 6, 10, 10:11 pm

Wink

Yasuki-san. I think you were a happy man!
Old Oct 6, 10, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE View Post
Can we please get a detailed post on transit from KIX to SR Osaka and then back? Prefer to take the Haruka from / to KIX. Also. Is or will there be any "Airport Limousine" service from KIX to SR like service at NRT? While we are at it. From Shin Osaka and Osaka Station (aka near Hilton) to SR please. Can we get some comments on the Namba area? Thanks.
In my opinion, go to Shin-Osaka by Haruka, and then take a subway on Midosuji line to Honmachi (7 exit). I takes 10 mins (230yen). Umeda (Osaka), Shinsaibashi and Nanba are also on Midosuji line. I believe that this is the easiest way.

http://www.kotsu.city.osaka.jp/forei...ish/index.html
Old Oct 7, 10, 1:00 am

St. Regis Osaka pictures

I reckon there aren't too many of FT readers stayed the property yet. So let me share some of the pictures I have taken during my recent stay at this property.

I was offered those benefits described by other posts but I tend to think it is almost impossible to use all the items stucked in the mini bar unless the guests intended to drink all of them.

We only had 2 bottles of mineral water and a half size champagne. Rest of the items were untouched.

More pictures on the album will be added shortly.
And I will try to add some comments in English.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/gellykenny-hotels/
Old Oct 7, 10, 6:48 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by yasuki View Post
- red wine (half size)
- white wine (half size)
- champagne (half size Veuve Clicquot Yellow)
- 5 kinds of whisky (mini bottle)
- 5 kinds of spirits (mini bottle)
- 5 kinds of beer
- 2 kinds of mineral water
- 1 water with gas
- 1 soda
- 1 coke and 1 zero coke
- 1 orange juice and 1 apple juice
Yasuki~san...どもありがと!

So for PLATS, breakfast AND free minibar is offered...Is it restocked daily, or the above only is free for an entire stay?

Search this Thread