Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Napa Valley Marriott Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa $20 Daily Destination Fee includes the following daily amenities:
  • Culinary Garden Tour with Sparkling Wine (4pm)
  • Yoga Class every morning meet in the lobby (7:30am)
  • Preserve Spa Access Eucalyptus Steam Room (8:30am to 12:00pm)
  • Specialized® Bicycle Access with hybrid bicycles with helmet, available from dawn to dusk
  • Bottled Spring Water replenished in your room daily
  • Napa Valley Roasting Company Coffee, Two cups of fresh brew available daily in VINeleven Market
  • Daily Vintner Pour every evening in the lobby (5-6pm)
  • Wireless High Speed Internet
Print Wikipost

Napa Valley Marriott Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Please Consolidate:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...esort-spa.html
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Does anyone have contact information for any of the managers here?
Old May 24, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM 360, Qatar Plat, Etihad Silver, MR Plat
Checked in yesterday for a three night getaway with the wife. The location is good from an access to wineries perspective, however the hotel has a CY feel to it and I've stayed in nicer CYs before. While they touted the renovation recently finished (pool is still closed), my room has broken tiles on the floor and they apparently didn't change out the bathtub/shower/sink as mine has cracks and a mix of new and old hardware.

The "destination" fee (new name since it's not a resort) is also ridiculous. Included in the fee is a nightly wine tasting but with a large conference being held, we couldn't even make it to the table to get a glass and there was no one from the hotel ushering or trying to organize it. I guess because of the pool renovation and lack of seats, people were sitting on the ground in the parking lot in groups drinking wine, which really added to the class and feel of the hotel.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Is the destination fee still $20? This is what I have listed in the wiki & what it supposedly includes:

"Please Note – A daily destination amenity fee of USD 20 added to room rate includes Preserve Spa access, bicycle rentals and more."

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: DL DM 360, Qatar Plat, Etihad Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update. Is the destination fee still $20? This is what I have listed in the wiki & what it supposedly includes:

"Please Note – A daily destination amenity fee of USD 20 added to room rate includes Preserve Spa access, bicycle rentals and more."

Cheers.
It is. Still not sure what they mean by the access to the Preserve Spa, since apart from the hot tub, it is open to the public.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The Marriott Napa Valley Hotel & Spa is unveiling a $12 million renovation that includes guest rooms and a new pool and courtyard area.

Details of renovation in this link:

http://napavalleyregister.com/busine...59f9223b2.html
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The Marriott Napa Valley Hotel & Spa is unveiling a $12 million renovation that includes guest rooms and a new pool and courtyard area.

Details of renovation in this link:

http://napavalleyregister.com/busine...59f9223b2.html
Not impressed. Just returned from a two-night stay. It was just ok, and had I been paying more typical rates (low season before holidays) I would have not been happy. In spite of using Mobile check in, the room I was supposed to get was not ready. I had the feeling it had been given away as the person checking us in alluded to juggling reservations. The room itself was dark, had poor lighting, few drawers for clothing, and looked like it needed a paint job (missing paint in spots). Concierge lounge was decent, though winery pouring in the evening was not the one mentioned when I checked in. Lastly, my choice of 500 points as my platinum gift did not show up in my account.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
This is a disappointing hotel. It has the feel of a sprawling motel. Ten years ago I stayed there, and the evening lobby reception consisted of several wines, all rather decent, and canapés such as some nice cheeses and crackers. When I stayed a couple of months ago, it consisted of one red and one white (I forget the grape types) and tiny pours, which is fine because the wine was terrible. And no canapés at all. Pretty lousy. In the CL, they had a very good green salad, but other food items weren't much. My room around the pool was okay. The hotel is right by the freeway so not the greatest location.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Plus the daily $20 destination amenity fee is an insult.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jtp1947
Plus the daily $20 destination amenity fee is an insult.
That's a joke. I guess they needed to invent something since the place isn't remotely "resort-y" enough to use a resort fee with a straight face.

At some point, this becomes a consumer protection issue. Maybe we should encourage *more* hotels to include junk fees so that eventually an attorney general in a sizable state somewhere takes notice.

I'm just going to guess: like most resort fees, it isn't evident on the first search-result screen on Marriott.com.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I've been considering a stay at this property sometime this summer. The mixed reviews here have me a bit concerned however I see that the most recent review is from late 2016. Wondering if anybody has more recent experience.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jalves
I've been considering a stay at this property sometime this summer. The mixed reviews here have me a bit concerned however I see that the most recent review is from late 2016. Wondering if anybody has more recent experience.
Wondering the same.

Also, I found some more info on their $20 destination fee:

The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa $20 Daily Destination Fee includes the following daily amenities:
  • Culinary Garden Tour with Sparkling Wine (4pm)
  • Yoga Class every morning meet in the lobby (7:30am)
  • Preserve Spa Access Eucalyptus Steam Room (8:30am to 12:00pm)
  • Specialized® Bicycle Access with hybrid bicycles with helmet, available from dawn to dusk
  • Bottled Spring Water replenished in your room daily
  • Napa Valley Roasting Company Coffee, Two cups of fresh brew available daily in VINeleven Market
  • Daily Vintner Pour every evening in the lobby (5-6pm)
  • Wireless High Speed Internet
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
IS there a lounge at this hotel for Platinum/Gold free breakie?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by nmenaker
IS there a lounge at this hotel for Platinum/Gold free breakie?
Yes. there is.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Two night paid stay last weekend. No upgrade and just realized no Titanium Amenity offered. Lounge had a nice breakfast and was open for drinks off hours. Only complaint was the daily resort fee, If we weren't with friends that would have been enough to stay elsewhere. They had daily complimentary wine tasting from local Wineries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.