FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa Fort Myers, FL [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1127172-sanibel-harbour-marriott-resort-spa-fort-myers-fl-master-thread.html)

bworrell Oct 27, 2012 6:45 am

I recently stayed here just for a night as I had business in the area. I'm a gold, and was treated nicely at checkin -- was given the option to have an upgraded view room if I switched to 2Q intead of 1K. Room was nice and modern. Only issue was only had a lukewarm shower in the morning but had no time to try to get it fixed as I had an early meeting. It was strange, also, that one of my work colleagues, with no status, was upgraded to a huge suite (not sure which one).

Did not get to use any of the other features of the hotel, except for the coffee bar at 6AM.

I forgot that this was a "resort" and thus had a $15 resort fee on my bill. I was not notified about it or told what it included. Valet was $20.

BKKLEE Oct 27, 2012 6:52 am

the continuing story of consistent inconsistentency...............

Originally Posted by bworrell (Post 19574632)
...... I'm a gold, and was treated nicely at checkin -- was given the option to have an upgraded view room if I switched to 2Q intead of 1K. ........... It was strange, also, that one of my work colleagues, with no status, was upgraded to a huge suite (not sure which one).

newbiztraveler Feb 27, 2013 7:46 am

Does anyone know if this property has a lounge? Are there any benefits for platinum members?

SkiAdcock Feb 27, 2013 11:50 am

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler (Post 20325916)
Does anyone know if this property has a lounge? Are there any benefits for platinum members?

The website would probably say if there's a lounge (haven't updated Florida yet on the exec sticky). Since it's a resort, not a lot of bennies other than 'possible' upgrade & free i-net.

If you do stay there, please do an updated trip report after your stay. It would be much appreciated by your fellow FTers.

Cheers.

twoner32 Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler (Post 20325916)

Just toured it. NO lounge.

Muerz Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm

TRIP REPORT: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa Fort Myers

Went there last year. The resort fee and parking fee was waived for this Plat without asking. There was construction going on. They might have waived those fees because of construction although I did not ask...

jr1202sr Feb 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz (Post 20327749)
Went there last year. The resort fee and parking fee was waived for this Plat without asking. There was construction going on. They might have waived those fees because of construction although I did not ask...

This is what kills me with Marriotts and Florida. If you are a business Traveller they treat you completely differently than at other Marriott Properties. Almost if they don't want my Florida Business. Too Many Resorts and No benefits considering Internet is part of every Resort Fee. Already begun moving my business to SPG as a result. The Resort benefits are night and day.

newbiztraveler Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Just got back. The hotel is fantastic, amazing property, right on the water. There were some major shortcomings in the check-in service though:
  • Upon checkin, I was placed in a room directly across from the elevator. I wasn't expecting an upgrade - we had already paid for a nicer room - but I don't understand why you would prebook a Platinum into such a terrible location. They did move us to a quieter location after we asked.
  • The welcome amenity never showed up, after 90 minutes and 3 phone calls. I don't ever order an amenity, except when I'm on vacation, but wanted to treat my family to the wine & cheese. 30 minutes after the last call (which they told me it would be coming up in "minutes"), I had to leave. There is no excuse for it taking 90 minutes to get wine & cheese.
  • The hotel's GM left a voicemail to "personally" welcome us to his hotel, since I was a platinum. I was pretty annoyed by the above two checkin issues, so I returned his voicemail. Never received a follow-up call. This is unforgivable.

UPDATE: After not hearing from the GM for the duration of the stay, I decided to send an email to the property. I never received a reply to my email. Additionally, I changed the credit card I wanted my room on during checkout, in person, at the front desk. Apparently they messed something up in the computer and my original card was billed.

tikiboy Jan 5, 2014 1:16 pm

Just got back...and got an upgrade that wasn't an upgrade?

Just got back from 2 nights.
I asked if we there were upgrades, and I was told that the hotel was full.
Then, as we were given our keys, I was told as a platinum, I was "upgraded to the top floor of the tower", which is a separate building than the "main" building.

In hindsight, I wish we weren't upgraded, as the pool in the tower did not have a hot tub, and as typical with multi-building properties (and not just Marriott), the wifi in the tower was very bad and hardly functional.

As typical, when I stay with Mrs Tikiboy, our room could have been cleaner and outside of a short swim and bad internet, we didn't really use the "resort". We agreed we're going to evaluate if we need the "resort" or not next time we're using points for a vacation and maybe stay at a lower point place.

lucycan Sep 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Any recent stays here? I'm headed down for a long weekend in NOV. Thank you!

marlin Jan 11, 2018 11:11 am

Any reviews? Looking to go in March

runningformqm Jun 7, 2019 7:33 pm

is there any update? curious about the breakfast offering for platinum

jzoz01 Dec 2, 2019 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by runningformqm (Post 31181534)
is there any update? curious about the breakfast offering for platinum

Just returned from 3 night stay over thanksgiving weekend. Platinum welcome gift of 1,000 points or daily breakfast for two in restaurant. Obviously opted for breakfast. Given coupons for continental breakfast buffet with option to upgrade to full buffet for $6.

marlin Jan 19, 2020 5:56 am

Can you tell us some more about your stay? What rooms would you recommend. How far is Sannibal? Did you like it?

bsdstone Jan 9, 2022 10:06 am

Considering a trip here in March...any recent stays/reviews would GREATLY appreciated!