Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]

JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 20, 15, 12:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Effective July 7, 2014 Marco Island will have a daily resort fee of $25.

$25 DAILY RESORT FEE INCLUDES
• Enhanced High Speed Internet Access/WiFi ($17)
• Unlimited Domestic Long Distance Calls ($5)
• Unlimited Local Calls
• 2 Bottled Waters Daily ($7)
• Access to resort golf practice facility including range balls & clubs ($35)
• Complimentary Golf Course Shuttle
• 1 Hour Non-Motorized Beach Rentals (water hammock, pedal boats, & kayaks) ($45)
• 1 Beach Umbrella Rental Daily ($25)
• Kids Eat Breakfast Free at Tropik’s buffet when accompanied by adult with purchase (maximum 2 children per family) ($20)
Total Value: $154

The property will close for 3 months: May-July 2015 to start demolition in preparation for the remodel. They are adding another tower and plan to be fully complete by December 2016. When they do reopen they will be re-branded as a JW Marriott.

Timeline:

"May 3 - August 4, 2015 Resort closed; transition begins.
August 5, 2015 - December 31, 2016 Re-opens as the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort
January 1, 2017 - Debuting as the new JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort"
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 12, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Originally Posted by Joeinfl View Post
I am PP, stay at the Marco Island Marriott at least 3 times a year, and have done for the last five years, and up until last year, I always managed to get an upgrade to a suite. The last time 2 times I stayed there (late 2011), no suites, but they were available for a price - so, no, it is still the same. I am going in May again, so I'll definately be able to tell you.
They are living up to the letter of the rule, which doesn't require upgrades to suites. Plats of all varieties should remember this when making choices of where to spend their money and points. I'm not saying not to stay there, but be aware when you do that you won't be getting suite upgrades or breakfast, unlike HHonors elites next door who will be getting breakfast and maybe a suite.
Edited 6/26/2013 to note that shortly after I posted the above, Marriott changed it rules to include suites as part of the plat/gold upgrade benefit.

Last edited by ohmark; Jun 26, 13 at 9:31 pm Reason: Marriott changed its rules
Old Mar 25, 12, 6:24 pm

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
upgraded to gulf view

At MI now on points, reservation was for tropical view room ( the only available room for points). Was upgraded to gulf view, very nice. Thrilled for the upgrade because property is hosting quite a few NFL players, which I'm sure have prime views (gulf front).
Old Jun 26, 13, 10:38 am

Headed here next week - any recent experiences with getting room upgrades.
Old Jun 26, 13, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Originally Posted by DCNatFan View Post
Headed here next week - any recent experiences with getting room upgrades.
No recent experiences, but disregard my post above from 10/2012, at least in respect to suite upgrades, as shortly thereafter Marriott changed its rules to include suite upgrades as part of the plat/gold upgrade benefit. Of course "upon availability", as is any other room upgrade.
Old Jun 12, 14, 6:55 am

I was just looking at my reservation for an upcoming stay and noticed a $25 resort fee. At the top of the page is a note "A daily resort fee of USD 25 will be added to room rates starting July 7 2014 a USD 154 value".

Not sure why I am being charged the $25 when I depart on 7/6.

Found this on the Marco Island Marriott website.

25 DAILY RESORT FEE INCLUDES
• Enhanced High Speed Internet Access/WiFi ..........................$17
• Unlimited Domestic Long Distance Calls ..................................$5
• Unlimited Local Calls
• 2 Bottled Waters Daily .................................................. ....................$7
• Access to resort golf practice facility
including range balls & clubs .................................................. ......$35
• Complimentary Golf Course Shuttle
• 1 Hour Non-Motorized Beach Rentals
(water hammock, pedal boats, & kayaks) ................................$45
• 1 Beach Umbrella Rental Daily .................................................. ..$25
• Kids Eat Breakfast Free at Tropik’s buffet
when accompanied by adult with purchase
(maximum 2 children per family) ................................................$2 0
Total Value: 154
Old Jun 12, 14, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won't be according to the notice.
Old Jul 7, 14, 6:56 am

Just returned form our stay and no resort fee was charged.

We did learn that they plan on closing the resort for 3 months next year, May-Jul to start demolition in preparation for the remodel. They are adding another tower and plan to be fully complete by December 2016. When they do reopen they will be re-branded as a JW Marriott.
Old Jul 7, 14, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DCNatFan View Post

We did learn that they plan on closing the resort for 3 months next year, May-Jul to start demolition in preparation for the remodel. They are adding another tower and plan to be fully complete by December 2016. When they do reopen they will be re-branded as a JW Marriott.
Thanks for the info. I updated the wiki to reflect that info.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 19, 10:40 am

Are there any updates on this property?
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Here is a recent thread comparing with the Naples RC: JW Marriott Marco Island vs Ritz Carlton Naples

While the last post in this thread is from 2017, it is more recent than anything 2014: Marco Island Marriott being rebranded JW MARRIOTT
Old Feb 24, 19, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
Here is a recent thread comparing with the Naples RC: JW Marriott Marco Island vs Ritz Carlton Naples

While the last post in this thread is from 2017, it is more recent than anything 2014: Marco Island Marriott being rebranded JW MARRIOTT
I had a wonderful experience at the JW Marriott Marco Island, and thought the hotel was great. While I was not given an upgrade, I would stay here again.
Old Mar 7, 19, 1:12 pm

MarkP24,
Can you elaborate on your stay? Status? Breakfast? Room?

We have a points stay coming up in two weeks and I am Platinum. Would love to try SIrene but doubt I would get that room? Can you use the Sirene pool?
All information appreciated!
Old Mar 8, 19, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL 1.99 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by marlin View Post
Are there any updates on this property?
Originally Posted by MarkP24 View Post
I had a wonderful experience at the JW Marriott Marco Island, and thought the hotel was great. While I was not given an upgrade, I would stay here again.
Originally Posted by marlin View Post
MarkP24,
Can you elaborate on your stay? Status? Breakfast? Room?

We have a points stay coming up in two weeks and I am Platinum. Would love to try SIrene but doubt I would get that room? Can you use the Sirene pool?
All information appreciated!
We stayed at the JW Marriott Marco Island in November for Thanksgiving and booked 2 Gulf View Rooms. Upon check-in, we were informed that the resort was full and that our rooms were not available at the check-in time so we had to wait and to add insult to injury they offered to upgrade us into a Gulf View Room and we mentioned that's what we already booked so they were not able to upgrade us. We of course understood that it was Thanksgiving but they could not get us adjoining rooms for the entire family so that was a disappointment.

Platinum/Titanium Bonvoys are offered Points or Breakfast in the restaurant for 2 guests as stipulated for JW Resorts.

The stay in itself was pleasant other than the issues encountered at check in and they offer a modest discount off the Resort Fee for Platinum/Titanium Bonvoys.

Personally, I wouldn't return but my family loved it so much so we're returning for Thanksgiving 2019 which means I will need to follow up with the GM to ensure that we get adjoining rooms this time around.

You won't be allowed to use the Sirene Pool if you are not staying in the Sirene tower and from my understanding that's a separate inventory allocation from the regular pool of rooms.
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:42 am

Thank you!
Old Mar 9, 19, 8:04 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
We stayed at the JW Marriott Marco Island in November for Thanksgiving and booked 2 Gulf View Rooms. Upon check-in, we were informed that the resort was full and that our rooms were not available at the check-in time so we had to wait and to add insult to injury they offered to upgrade us into a Gulf View Room and we mentioned that's what we already booked so they were not able to upgrade us. We of course understood that it was Thanksgiving but they could not get us adjoining rooms for the entire family so that was a disappointment.

Platinum/Titanium Bonvoys are offered Points or Breakfast in the restaurant for 2 guests as stipulated for JW Resorts.

The stay in itself was pleasant other than the issues encountered at check in and they offer a modest discount off the Resort Fee for Platinum/Titanium Bonvoys.

Personally, I wouldn't return but my family loved it so much so we're returning for Thanksgiving 2019 which means I will need to follow up with the GM to ensure that we get adjoining rooms this time around.

You won't be allowed to use the Sirene Pool if you are not staying in the Sirene tower and from my understanding that's a separate inventory allocation from the regular pool of rooms.
It is disturbing for such kind of situation. We stayed at Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain for Christmas holiday and the guest manager reached out to us to arrange the room and upgrade, and possible reservations. It was much better. I know it is totally different properties. But....
Intl359Widget likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: