Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by flyincoll
Any recent stays at this property? Looking at a week here in September pending COVID.
IF you like a pool it is fine and great value-- if like a sandy beach and water -- better bring your swimming shoes as can not walk to the water or swim without them -- also very windy on the beach -- do not get me wrong --I like the hotel and have stayed at it for past 5 years
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I was considering using a Travel Package certificate here next month. There would have been 4 of us and I wanted the family room for 4. The certificate covers standard rooms at 30k points/night for my dates. The family room is advertised for 30k points/night + 60 Euro/night. I contacted the hotel and asked if I booked a standard redemption room with the certificate could I then pay the 60 Euro daily upgrade and get the family room. They said they would do this as a special favour to me, but the upgrade would be 90 Euro/night. I sadly declined as this felt too much additional cash. Going to Santorini instead and need to find somewhere else to use the TP cert. It was attached to a Thai resort hotel, but cannot enter Thailand due to Covid and flights have been cancelled!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Yes swimming shoes are a must as the beach is rocky at the hotel. However the water is ultra turquoise coloured, clean and very beautiful but more windy. This was back in beginning of September 2018.
The beaches on the east side offer non rocky beach and they were more family friendly with minimum wind. Water had a little more greenish colour.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Yes swimming shoes are a must as the beach is rocky at the hotel. However the water is ultra turquoise coloured, clean and very beautiful but more windy. This was back in beginning of September 2018.
The beaches on the east side offer non rocky beach and they were more family friendly with minimum wind. Water had a little more greenish colour.
the price and staff are great-they also have a "special" area for platinum- but as nice as it is, it is not private since it is off the public sidewalk and the hedges do not do the job --they try hard but just can not solve all the quirks --I guess if things were like I would like them to be it would cost 50-60k a night
joakgarp likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:24 pm

Any recent stays here and what to expect for Titanium?

Have 12 nights booked here beginning of September
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
We are staying here from tomorrow for 5 nights, I will report back
honzeek_cz likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I was considering using a Travel Package certificate here next month. There would have been 4 of us and I wanted the family room for 4. The certificate covers standard rooms at 30k points/night for my dates. The family room is advertised for 30k points/night + 60 Euro/night. I contacted the hotel and asked if I booked a standard redemption room with the certificate could I then pay the 60 Euro daily upgrade and get the family room. They said they would do this as a special favour to me, but the upgrade would be 90 Euro/night. I sadly declined as this felt too much additional cash. Going to Santorini instead and need to find somewhere else to use the TP cert. It was attached to a Thai resort hotel, but cannot enter Thailand due to Covid and flights have been cancelled!
You know you can also use certificate and the advertised online upgrade price. We are doing 5 nights in aegean suite, advertised it was sth like 120k + 600 euro. called and use the certificate and copay 600 euro for the suite i wanted.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
You know you can also use certificate and the advertised online upgrade price. We are doing 5 nights in aegean suite, advertised it was sth like 120k + 600 euro. called and use the certificate and copay 600 euro for the suite i wanted.
That's what I wanted to do, but the hotel told me the co-pay would be 90 euro/night instead of the website-advertised 60. For a basic room with 4 beds, I felt the cash part was too high.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip
Old Aug 2, 2020, 6:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
That's what I wanted to do, but the hotel told me the co-pay would be 90 euro/night instead of the website-advertised 60. For a basic room with 4 beds, I felt the cash part was too high.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip
Thanks, I booked through marriott corp centre to a suite directly, not contacting the hotel. Marriott can combine the certificate with copay without hotel getting involved
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:41 am

Thanks, I booked through marriott corp centre to a suite directly, not contacting the hotel. Marriott can combine the certificate with copay without hotel getting involved
This is great information
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I have been very disappointed with the property and would never stay here again (and might actually check out tomorrow):
The summary of failings so far:
1. no-one greeted us on our arrival or offered help with our numerous luggages. no warm feeling from the staff, no priority check in desk, and when they realised my room is ready (coming at 4pm) they were suprirsed - 'You are lucky your room is ready' - i expected it to be ready so why is that a surprise? this is supposedly a five-star property, but I could forgive these.
2. limited dining options in one restaurant only for a ’set’ dining menu… not exactly what we hope for especially as there are almost no restaurants outside hotel vicinity. The room service is very overpriced (think basic club sandwich is 15euro + 5euro delivery). only 1 restaurant in operation, all else closed.
3. limited breakfast offering comprising just ‘english’ breakfast, some cereals, stale pastries, and canned fruits (and fresh watermelon). Having spent 100+ nights in marriott properties I have seen better breakfasts at limited-service properties. There were no fresh noodles, eggs benedict, fresh pastries and croissants, some non-bacon options of freshly cooked/fried meats and vegetables. Maybe I have been spoiled by marriotts in Asia, but even in top covid time in april in Bangkok I had a better breakfast then this .....
4. the room furnishings appear to be at least 10+ years old with a lot of use behind them. the wardrobe is falling apart and the cushions on sofa and very uncomfortable. this aegean suite has wonderful views and comfy bed, but lacks any charging places, no proper desk to sit at (they placed a tv on the only good desk here), and noise-insulation is non-existent (whenever someone passes by the door in the hall and neighbours from above...)
5. the swimming pool doesn’t provide any service, towels or water. again what 5-star resort doesn’t have an attendant ready to greet guests, provide fresh towels, cold water and make people feel welcome? when i eventually flagged a bartender (understand went to the bar to ask) he told us we need to go 5 floors down to SPA with our keycard to request limited towels which are assigned 1 per person... needless to say this was the last straw!
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:59 am

I have been very disappointed with the property and would never stay here again (and might actually check out tomorrow):
1. no-one greeted us on our arrival or offered help with our numerous luggages. no warm feeling from the staff, no priority check in desk, and when they realised my room is ready (coming at 4pm) they were suprirsed - 'You are lucky your room is ready' - i expected it to be ready so why is that a surprise? this is supposedly a five-star property, but I could forgive these.
2. limited dining options in one restaurant only for a ’set’ dining menu… not exactly what we hope for especially as there are almost no restaurants outside hotel vicinity. The room service is very overpriced (think basic club sandwich is 15euro + 5euro delivery). only 1 restaurant in operation, all else closed.
3. limited breakfast offering comprising just ‘english’ breakfast, some cereals, stale pastries, and canned fruits (and fresh watermelon). Having spent 100+ nights in marriott properties I have seen better breakfasts at limited-service properties. There were no fresh noodles, eggs benedict, fresh pastries and croissants, some non-bacon options of freshly cooked/fried meats and vegetables. Maybe I have been spoiled by marriotts in Asia, but even in top covid time in april in Bangkok I had a better breakfast then this .....
4. the room furnishings appear to be at least 10+ years old with a lot of use behind them. the wardrobe is falling apart and the cushions on sofa and very uncomfortable. this aegean suite has wonderful views and comfy bed, but lacks any charging places, no proper desk to sit at (they placed a tv on the only good desk here), and noise-insulation is non-existent (whenever someone passes by the door in the hall and neighbours from above...)
5. the swimming pool doesn’t provide any service, towels or water. again what 5-star resort doesn’t have an attendant ready to greet guests, provide fresh towels, cold water and make people feel welcome? when i eventually flagged a bartender (understand went to the bar to ask) he told us we need to go 5 floors down to SPA with our keycard to request limited towels which are assigned 1 per person... needless to say this was the last straw!
Sorry to hear it is not meeting expectations, but your feedback vindicates my reluctance to use a TP certificate and pay the 90euro daily co-pay for a basic room for 4. Even the site-offered TP cert + 60euro daily co-pay may be pushing it!
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:21 pm

C‘mon they are not that bad. They just failed their ambitions. It used to be a cat 3 spg place, which was great value. Then they started to upgrade, behaving more formal, anticipading the merger. It went to spg cat 4 which was still ok, also considering the widely available 3 for 2 rates. At the time it became cat 5 it was overpriced.

To be fair, there are a lot of other food options within hotel vicinity. I didn‘t count it but there are at least 15 restaurants within 500 meter distance.
And, on another complaining point, the spa where you get the towels from is at the same level as 2 of the 3 pools. Not really a burden.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by red star
C‘mon they are not that bad. They just failed their ambitions. It used to be a cat 3 spg place, which was great value. Then they started to upgrade, behaving more formal, anticipading the merger. It went to spg cat 4 which was still ok, also considering the widely available 3 for 2 rates. At the time it became cat 5 it was overpriced.

To be fair, there are a lot of other food options within hotel vicinity. I didn‘t count it but there are at least 15 restaurants within 500 meter distance.
And, on another complaining point, the spa where you get the towels from is at the same level as 2 of the 3 pools. Not really a burden.
I agree with what you say. I am used to different standard especially staying mostly in Asia. If they didnt market themselves as 5 star property a lot of these would be non-issues, but i expect better when you charge top dollar (well 400 euro is base rate for the suite we have) and claim to be top notch.

Yes there are restaurants around 500 metres out in village centre but they cater mostly to british/german tourist market i think based on the looks of it
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Different opinion

I had an excellent 2 week stay their 3 years ago and loved this property.I considered one of the best SPG/Marriott properties in Greece. Great staff, food and location. Excellent Platinum treatment.
In the past 4 months, the world has changed and we have to adapt to the new normal and look forward to the future.

Last edited by 360guy; Aug 3, 2020 at 6:25 pm Reason: correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.