Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Siray Bay, Phuket, Thailand (Rebranding to an RC in 2025)[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Siray Bay, Phuket, Thailand (Rebranding to an RC in 2025)[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....getting late check out and just asked. BUT we were there in October so it wasn't high season.
Fair enough, thanks for the data point.

Regards
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:18 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
Any experiences with late/4PM checkout at this property? My wife and I are a considering a stay here and our flight leaves late in the day so late check out would be highly valued. My wife is SPG Platinum, but I know resort properties have a "subject to availability" policy.

Regards
Even 6PM has never been an issue on multiple times. They look after Plats.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
I just returned from a stay at the Westin. As many others I really appreciate the villas and enjoyed my vacation. Staff is always a pleasure to deal with. Occupancy rate was very low (25%) so it was a peaceful vacation.

Since my last stay (2 years ago) the Platinum recognition program has been almost eliminated.

Breakfast at EEAST is now included only if you use your PLT provilege, before it was included automatically.
No more specific menu for breakfast, only buffet and an egg station. Still bubbles.
No more drink coupons included. They gave me some after I argumented a little but none is included now.

I was there for almost a week and no manager reception was held, maybe the low occupancy rate?. It was mentionned at check-in but did not materialize.
Generally speaking the quality of the food was less than 2 years ago. maybe again due to low occupancy? It was average.
Again the staff itself was a pleasure to deal with but they are not responsible for management decisions.

As there is many new SPG properties to be opened until 2020 I would think that a property like that would make more efforts to keep returning PLT customers (and new ones)

Future will tell!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: SPG GOLD, M&M FTL, HH GOLD
Things around hotel

Hi,

I will be staying with family at this property from 3-9th April, rate BRG 3000+++ with breakfast. As SPG plat what are actual benefits at Westin Siray? That is my 2nd stay here and maybe something has changed...?
Are there any local food & massage places around - by the nain route to hotel ( google shows some incorrections Street view & map vs photos)? Is there possibility to walk by the beach to fisherman village( 4 years ago there was not enough sand)?
thanks for helpful replies
​​​​​
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:25 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by ksiazemati
Hi,

I will be staying with family at this property from 3-9th April, rate BRG 3000+++ with breakfast. As SPG plat what are actual benefits at Westin Siray? That is my 2nd stay here and maybe something has changed...?
Are there any local food & massage places around - by the nain route to hotel ( google shows some incorrections Street view & map vs photos)? Is there possibility to walk by the beach to fisherman village( 4 years ago there was not enough sand)?

I stayed for 8 days early March (a bit too long) I did get a bRG but not quite as low however entering into April it is low season. This was our second stay. I did email and point out my disappointment that the platinum drinks had been stopped and with a bit of a fight managed to receive 16 drinks coupons (2 per night) to use in their lobby bar. Better than nothing as drinks are quite expensive in Thailand. Being platinum We had a great breakfast in East (much better than the standard restaurant) also an upgrade to a Discover Suite with a fantastic view (just over the spa area). The resort is very pretty but bear in mind there is no beach for swimming and there are only 3 pools which get packed quite early. There is not an awful lot in Phuket town, a couple of good restaurants but nothing like the lovely beach front restaurants we found when we used to stay at Sheraton Laguna.
​​​​​
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:23 am

Hi,

​​​​​
there's really nothing around the resort and you need about 20-30mins walk to get to the nearest town.

the resort however has shuttle(chargeable) to phuket town / patong beach so you can go out for dinner/massage.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:04 am

Thanks

Sheraton Laguna which hotel do You mean? I stayed in past in LM Khao Lak & Sheraton Krabi but Laguna? Low season? Now the hotel is fully booked the same as LM Phuket.
I split my long Phuket stay for 2 hotels, condition is: pool, kids club & beach. On 9th I am moving to LM Phuket closer to Pa Tong and I know the places around.

Last edited by ksiazemati; Mar 24, 2017 at 5:12 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by kodansha999
there's really nothing around the resort and you need about 20-30mins walk to get to the nearest town.

the resort however has shuttle(chargeable) to phuket town / patong beach so you can go out for dinner/massage.
Is there scooter rent option? Do You know how much for 1 person return fare using shuttle or taxi? Thanks

Last edited by ksiazemati; Mar 25, 2017 at 9:08 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:30 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Hi,

​​​​​
There is a restaurant just outside the hotel main gates near an apartment complex. I can't speak for the rest.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:14 pm

Hey guys
what are the recent plat upgrade experiences?

I'm keen with the private pool villas

I consulted the hotel and they have advised due to limited Villas they are not on the SNA inventory. However in the event of a successful SNA applied, surcharge of 1800 baht will be applied to secure the Sala Pool Suite.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by talfred
Hey guys
what are the recent plat upgrade experiences?

I'm keen with the private pool villas

I consulted the hotel and they have advised due to limited Villas they are not on the SNA inventory. However in the event of a successful SNA applied, surcharge of 1800 baht will be applied to secure the Sala Pool Suite.
They are so cheap on SPG50 why not book what you actual want?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:28 pm

Mate just called to find out the rates are approx 7000THB for the lowest cat room using SPG50
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:18 am

And 1BR Sala Pool Villas are around 11,000 THB.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Starwood, Aadvantage, Marriott?
Can anyone articulate the difference between the Sala pool villa and the 1br pool villa? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Does the property have Hobie cats or day sail boats? I have emailed asking this question and they reply they have wind surfing, but don't specify if they have two person Hobie cats or small day sail boats.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by cloudyone
Can anyone articulate the difference between the Sala pool villa and the 1br pool villa? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Does the property have Hobie cats or day sail boats? I have emailed asking this question and they reply they have wind surfing, but don't specify if they have two person Hobie cats or small day sail boats.
Sala Pool Villas are one big room, like a studio. One Bedroom Sala Pool Villas are vastly larger with a separate living and bedroom. These also feature unobstructed views of the bay whereas the former are behind.

They have kayaks and windsurfing and that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.