Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Vana Belle Breakfast Menu April, 2019. (file size exceeds FTs limit)
We could order anything off the menu and have the buffet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8aajynryv2...-Menu.pdf?dl=0

I ordered the salmon, Yanisa wanted to try the waffle and then ordered 5 oysters. The oysters were amazing.

Tried to upload images, FT isn't coooperating right now.
That's a new menu.

My experience has been you can order as many items off the menu as you like (which we were often encouraged to do). We found the dessert-ish items to be better than the savory.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:58 pm

Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:01 pm

This morning they brought us a different menu, it was the first and last page of the menu I posted above, laminated, so without all the premium items inside the 4 page menu.

The server said we were on a package and that's our menu. Eventually we got the full menu. I guess if you are titanium using the amenity for breakfast, you get the full ala carte menu.

I also had the pancakes (two small round ones) with bananas, toasted almond, and chocolate ice cream instead of nutella. I didn't get a good pic of that one. Yanisa's been enjoying some thai food, fruit, etc and I've been enjoying some of their breads (superb pastry chef here) toasted with smoked salmon (looks like a whole fish, delicious.)
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Vana Belle Titanium Welcome Letter ...
Did you get an upgrade as titanium elite? Curious to know if was a points stay or cash stay. Looking forward to staying there for few days soon.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:22 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Having a great stay at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui (Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand). The last of my 60k/night Cat 7 redemptions. Upgraded to a Grand Ocean View Pool Suite which provides for a 6 meter pool versus the regular rooms as the bathroom is alongside the bedroom rather than behind.

They now make you use your Welcome Amenity for breakfast but they do provide the full menu and buffet and you can order as much as you like. The French oysters are delicious. Eggs Benedict was great. The pastry chef is outstanding.

Met the GM at the elite cocktail hour on Thursday. He came over about a year ago from the Marriott Marquis in BKK. He discussed how different the LC brand is to anything Marriott had before and told us a bit about the Italian background of the brand.

Our butler has been great. Every morning she ensures my wife gets her special request and has spoken to the owner of a restaurant ahead of our visit this afternoon.

I arranged a birthday cake for my wife via the in-app chat before we arrived.

And they clearly read my profile from either previous stays or the legacy SPG system as they have kept the room stocked with bananas and chocolate chip cookies. Bananas are standard but the cookies was supposed to be a one-off years ago from a funny comment to my Ambassador after having stayed at a Doubletree.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:10 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Having a great stay at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui (Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand). The last of my 60k/night Cat 7 redemptions. Upgraded to a Grand Ocean View Pool Suite
Thanks for the review! Sounds like the upgrade was done proactively unlike @Kacee 's experience where at times he had to push the issue a bit?
Old May 17, 2019, 11:52 pm

I didn’t request, but was watching the app and it appeared two or three days beforehand.
escape4 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:47 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks. Those prices are indeed very high. This is really an outstanding property. But they don't seem to mind letting rooms go empty by virtue of some borderline insane pricing. The grand pool suite is a nice room, but it is very borderline value at $800+ US per night.
A few months later they got me to fold. Our thinking is that while the prices are indeed high, we won't be repeating the honeymoon anytime soon so we may as well enjoy it while we can. For five nights it works out to 41545 THB net + 240,000 points for a grand pool suite. They did throw in breakfast and some kind of daily Thai food tasting.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Our thinking is that while the prices are indeed high, we won't be repeating the honeymoon anytime soon so we may as well enjoy it while we can. For five nights it works out to 41545 THB net + 240,000 points for a grand pool suite. They did throw in breakfast and some kind of daily Thai food tasting.
Can't fault that reasoning. The view from the Grand Pool Suite is stunning. If you have any issues with your room, ask to move to another, they are very accommodating. They initially put me in one of the 4xxs last stay, with construction right next door at the adjacent resort. Moved to a 7xx room and it was much more peaceful.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:33 am

While we didn’t have any issues with construction noise in our 4xxx, there was a group of 20-somethings who were kind of loud from time to time.

Out view was largely blocked by a Bohdi tree. Perhaps we should have asked to move, but we had a great time nonetheless.

We we rented a car and were able to enjoy meals at various places around the island including Phensiri and Coco Max x Peppina which also has a fire spinning show in the evenings. Both places has convenient, free parking.

I added the property driveway to Waze. Hopefully it shows up soon.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by yosithezet
While we didn’t have any issues with construction noise in our 4xxx, there was a group of 20-somethings who were kind of loud from time to time.
SNIP
They shouldn't be there. You should have complained to the GM and got them moved to their natural habitat at the W.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
They shouldn't be there. You should have complained to the GM and got them moved to their natural habitat at the W.
lol I mentioned to manager at W yesterday that I've stayed at VB previously and he commented on how "quiet" it is there.
LIH Prem, Dr. HFH and ftrichard like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard

Originally Posted by Kacee
lol I mentioned to manager at W yesterday that I've stayed at VB previously and he commented on how "quiet" it is there.
I did mention it to the GM. I was more curious as to how these youngsters could afford the rate. He offered to hush them should it be needed. I think they were gone after our first or second night.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Hi folks. I just booked a 5 night stay here for Feb 2020 and look to be in a Jungle 1BR suite for 320k points. I have 5 suite night awards available but don't see an option to apply here. Can you not apply SN to an awards stay? Could I call?

I'm really hoping to get upgraded here to a pool suite and willing to use my SN for it. Marriott Plat.

Edit: Disregard. The SNA expire end of year. Need to find another way to use them!

Last edited by jasonNYC85; Jun 25, 2019 at 6:03 pm
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
I'm really hoping to get upgraded here to a pool suite and willing to use my SN for it. Marriott Plat.
All the rooms here have plunge pools. The Jungle suite has no view.

Could be wrong, but I don't think SNAs work here, as it's an all suite property. Or at least it calls itsel "all suite" - the rooms are not really suites, but we give them a pass because they are very nice nonetheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.