Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Earn not burn at VB
SPG 3x promo?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yosithezet
High season = higher points / night
All suite property = rates are doubled

Did they send a breakdown?
No breakdown - I am going to call again today. May have just gotten a bad agent...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Better to pay for this one...

As others have said already - it's an all-suite Cat6 property. I'm not surprised to hear your point quote.

I try to always get at least $0.03 per Starpoint, and you just won't be anywhere near that at this property.

I'd book this property with cash, and hope there's a nice spring promotion that nets you some extra Starpoints...

For a honeymoon visit to Vana Belle, I'd strongly recommend the Tropical Pool Villa or the Ocean View Pool Suite. These can be booked for $550-600 per night in January. See my mini-review about the Ocean View Pool Suite earlier in this thread.

Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon...

Cheers
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:18 pm

After several emails back and forth with SPG, I was able to finally secure the correct rate of 104k for 5 nights at the Vana Belle for a standard pool suite. Apparently this rate is for the "Paradise is Closer" promotion and conveniently wasn't showing up on representatives computers when I called in...

I am going to ask for a deal on an upgrade as compensation for all the time I spent going back and forth? What is reasonable / worth it to upgrade to a Grand Pool Suite or Ocean View Suite?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkj2106
....I am going to ask for a deal on an upgrade as compensation for all the time I spent going back and forth? What is reasonable / worth it to upgrade to a Grand Pool Suite or Ocean View Suite?
You are joking, right? It took hours for me to book each "Paradise Is Closer" promo as most reps deny its existence even when I asked for it by name and URL.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:05 pm

I wasn't joking I find it crazy that we have to spend hours booking a promotion that clearly exist. I guess it seems to be a common problem. I was finally able to get through after several emails back and forth. In my opinion - quite ridiculous for agents to deny its existence even after you point them to the URL!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by TerryK
It took hours for me to book each "Paradise Is Closer" promo as most reps deny its existence even when I asked for it by name and URL.
We went through the same exhausting experience!

How is it possible that guests are aware of promotions, when agents, working for the company that issued them, are not?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
We went through the same exhausting experience!

How is it possible that guests are aware of promotions, when agents, working for the company that issued them, are not?
Anyone trying to get this promotion, my advice is to email SPG customer service to request it. This way you have a record of your back and forth with them and you will get connected to an agent who can actually book you without countless hours wasted on the phone...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:57 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
It's simple corporate arrogance. I have a similar problem when calling the SPG Platinum line during times when it forwards to the UK call centre (Ireland, I think). When I ask for the cheapest rate, the agents deliberately quote me a rate 50% higher than the rates I can see online. Then deny it, quoting policy to only quote fully refundable rates.

For the instances that it took you forever and the agents couldn't/wouldn't give you the promo, why don't you make a complaint? Not so that the agent can get in trouble. But, so the system can find an answer to this failure.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Interesting, 2lovelife. To add a data point, I've been frustrated because, similarly, SPG phone agents don't seem to be able to see the same rates that we can on SPG.com. This has happened with both PLT Concierges and my Ambassador. Both have told me that I'm better off booking myself on SPG.com. A few weeks ago, Ambassador told me that SPG is now aware of this problem and is working on it. Seems silly to me.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:59 am

I did make a compliant and was told "SPG is aware of the issue and working to resolve it". Not sure if that the issue is really going to get resolved or that was what they told me to appease my frustration...
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:56 am

Does anyone know if the resort are offering discounts for spa treatment aas Platinum?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:21 am

Just found out about an upgrade from a classic pool suite to a grand pool suite for 4000 THB ($121 USD). Base room is on points. From what I have read on the thread, looks like a good option / deal to upgrade...thoughts?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by rkj2106
Just found out about an upgrade from a classic pool suite to a grand pool suite for 4000 THB ($121 USD). Base room is on points. From what I have read on the thread, looks like a good option / deal to upgrade...thoughts?
It probably depends on the dates - what are they?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:22 am

Dates are Jan 4 - 9

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.