Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
thanks for the great review, yosithezit.

I'll be there on 6 april, cant wait!!!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
My Ambassador warned my of all the things not to expect, and they delivered them anyway.
Yes, I wish we didn't have to deal with all these YMMV situations, even if they are for the good.

May I know if you checked out a Classic Room? I'd like to know if they really are two QUEEN beds that can fit two smaller adults?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:26 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Only saw the room I was in.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
thanks for the great review, yosithezit.

I'll be there on 6 april, cant wait!!!
Hey, can you let us know if they upgrade you too :P

I'm not presuming anything, especially since they already "warned" me in advance... but
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Hey, can you let us know if they upgrade you too :P

I'm not presuming anything, especially since they already "warned" me in advance... but
Of course, will report back then.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Enjoying a second day at the pool/beach area today. This has been our private pool for the last couple hours.
The hill/stairs up and down is walkable. We have yet to order a buggy.
Internet is rock solid. Up to 4 devices per room.
Yes. F&B is still going through growing pains. Food is good tasting.
Chaweng town is walkable but the "Do you Speak English" time share con is all around there.
The beach is really nice. But another pair of guests just invaded the main pool area...
When done here, going to taxi over to the W for another couple nights.

Cheers!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:36 am

--- Before you read my review, please note that i'm not a native english speaker, so it will have plenty of errors ---

just finished my 3-nights stay here.

Overall this place is truly a hidden paradise.

Got upgrade to a deluxe pool suite 2 weeks in advance (booked classic pool suite).

My early check-in at 10.45am was granted. I asked them to show me a grand pool suite to decide it is worth to pay the extra for it or not.

Unfornately, there were none available, so they took us to the oceanview pool suite, the top suite of this resort (1 in 3 of them), instead. The suite itself is very spacious, half living room and bedroom, the other half are bathroom and closet. The view is magnificent, the private pool is long enough for swimming. there are 2 sun loungers in the pools. But personally I dont' think it is worth to pay the extra of 8500+++ THB a night. So I took the deluxe pool suite they gave us.

Our deluxe pool suite is on the 3rd floor of building 'Vana 1' (the hightest point of the entire resort). The suite itself is big enough for 3 of us, nice and clean. The view is spectacular too. There is no wall between bedroom and bathroom (open concept), so this is quite awkward for us when ones using bathroom. The private salt-water pool is mainly for soaking not swimming (I prefer the beach and the main pool anyway). Internet is quite fast and free for guests everywhere in the resort.

Service here is top notch. all staffs we met are nice, friendly and eager to help without asking. this made the resort a "Luxury Collection".

Breakfast at Kiree is vey nice, with many hot dish options to choose from, along with buffet. Sparkling wine, french oysters are also available. Food are tasty enough. Service is consistently great too.

The gym is big and nice enough for a 80-room resort, equipped with latest-technology machine and free-weight zone. Access 24/7 with your room keycard.

Didn't use the spa, so no comment on that.

The Beach is PERFECT, crystal clear water and swimable. the main salt-water and temperature-controlled pool is very nice. there is a big jacuzzi nearby. I love it. Never seen more than 3 peoples in the pool. the sun loungers, placing around the pool and on the beach, are more than adequate.

However, I think the F&B can be improved and the housekeeping service can be better.

Overall very great stay here, would definitely return. Next time i will choose the grand pool suite (only on Vana 1 building) or Tropical Pool Villa.

(Anyway W retreat remains my top pick when coming to Samui, Price will be the main factor, forget the Le Merdien.)

Thank you for reading

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Apr 11, 2013 at 12:38 am
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Great review 3rdworldresident! ^ No need to worry about you English!

The question begs - did you meet schoflyer?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Great review 3rdworldresident! ^ No need to worry about you English!

The question begs - did you meet schoflyer?
no, i didn't
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:50 pm

no, i didn't
Depending on your checkout time, perhaps there were a few hours overlap at the pool/beach.
I agree with your comments, but I would return to the VB before the W based on my experiences so far. After the pool/beach at VB, I'm not motivated in the slightest to leave my Tropical Oasis at the W.

Cheers!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:45 am

As our vacation time is precious, we checked out of the W and moved back to Vana Belle. Back posting from the beach/pool.
Love it.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:00 am
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
---
Unfornately, there were none available, so they took us to the oceanview pool suite, the top suite of this resort (1 in 3 of them), instead. The suite itself is very spacious, half living room and bedroom, the other half are bathroom and closet. The view is magnificent, the private pool is long enough for swimming. there are 2 sun loungers in the pools.
Thanks for the info. We've booked an Ocean Pool Suite for a special occasion in Oct. This is the first I've read about it.

Did you see the single one, or one of the pair of Ocean Pool Suites? Can you recommend one for privacy, view, access to restaurant/beach, etc?

My first instinct is to go with one of the pair, as it seems closer to reception and beach. Any opinions will be appreciated.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by RichardKopf
Thanks for the info. We've booked an Ocean Pool Suite for a special occasion in Oct. This is the first I've read about it.

Did you see the single one, or one of the pair of Ocean Pool Suites? Can you recommend one for privacy, view, access to restaurant/beach, etc?

My first instinct is to go with one of the pair, as it seems closer to reception and beach. Any opinions will be appreciated.
That oceanview pool suite is on the top floor of building 'Vana 8'. I'm not sure it's the single one or one of the pair. (probably the one of the pair, I think). I'm sure all of them (3 oceanview pool suites) have privacy.

The view is MAGNIFICENT and is closer to reception and beach. but I think you will need the buggy anyway because that building is on the hillside.

Have a wonderful vacation there.

PS. May i suggest the Grand Pool Suite on the top floor of building 'Vana 1' (the highest point of the resort)? I'm sure the view is spectacular enough (may be on par with oceanview pool suite). and this building is closer to lobby, lobby lounge, library, Kiree etc. A bit far from the beach but you will have Panoramic view of Ocean too. Easy to go anywhere without requesting a buggy.

PS2. Sorry for my poor English
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Any thoughts on the tropical pool villa? According to spg.com it is 1000sq ft larger than any of the other rooms. How private is it? How close to the facilities and what would the view be like?

Thx
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:36 pm
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by newshound
Any thoughts on the tropical pool villa? According to spg.com it is 1000sq ft larger than any of the other rooms. How private is it? How close to the facilities and what would the view be like?

Thx
My answer comes from the experience of planning a trip, thre. I haven't stayed, yet.

Using Google Maps, the villas appear surrounded by trees. Also, considering naming conventions, they are called 'tropical'. If they had views, they would be called 'oceanxxxx'. Third, they ae cheaper than Ocean view suites.

I can't speak to the privacy, but they are at ground level, and being so, either ccould have some view or be private, not both.

I found the oceanfront villas at LM Samui lacking in privacy, as anyone walking on the beach can look in.

If someone has personal experience, please correct me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.