Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Old May 15, 2019, 5:14 am

Depending on final categorization, overwater villa is 70-100k points a night. St Regis wanted close to 200k points a night in peak season. Slightly worried that the hotel won’t be fully up to speed by next March or April, but it seems like a no brainer to spend 280k-400k points with the 5th night free versus close to 800k. Thoughts?
Old May 15, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Dn10, thanks for getting that info. May you be memorialized time eternal in what will likely be a 100-page thread in 5 years, lol. I look forward to the repeated questions about menus, elite F&B discounts, which villa gets the most sun or privacy, what freebies are there, how is the house reef, should I bring my kids, I hate kids are there many, will I make the last seaplane flight, which hashish flavor is the best, should I bring my scuba/snorkel gear, why are things so expensive, am I going to get upgraded, do SNAs clear, DYKWIA, etc, etc, etc.

Originally Posted by Dn10
Depending on final categorization, overwater villa is 70-100k points a night. St Regis wanted close to 200k points a night in peak season. Slightly worried that the hotel won’t be fully up to speed by next March or April, but it seems like a no brainer to spend 280k-400k points with the 5th night free versus close to 800k. Thoughts?
Hopefully, JW's OWV will be a little cheaper than StR.

If they make the September opening for reservation guests I would be surprised if they did not have most of the kinks worked out in 7 months. We will likely try to go in Feb or March, but I will be keeping an eye on things post-September. We would have gone to StR, but that whole game they played with room availability pre-March 5th left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by YouGeeElWhy; May 15, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Old May 15, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Dn10, thanks for getting that info. May you be memorialized time eternal in what will likely be a 100-page thread in 5 years, lol. I look forward to the repeated questions about menus, elite F&B discounts, which villa gets the most sun or privacy, what freebies are there, how is the house reef, should I bring my kids, I hate kids are there many, will I make the last seaplane flight, which hashish flavor is the best, should I bring my scuba/snorkel gear, why are things so expensive, am I going to get upgraded, do SNAs clear, DYKWIA, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully, JW's OWV will be a little cheaper than StR.

If they make the September opening for reservation guests I would be surprised if they did not have most of the kinks worked out in 7 months. We will likely try to go in Feb or March, but I will be keeping an eye on things post-September. We would have gone to StR, but that whole game they played with room availability pre-March 5th left a bad taste in my mouth.
Thank you! What they are telling me makes it seem like it will be more reasonable than the StR quote that I got from my ambassador the other week:

Our Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise and Beach Pool Villa Sunrise will be applicable for redemption booking and we are expected to be in hotel category 7 or 8. If we will be in category 8, points per night required is around 70,000 – 100,000. If we get category 7, it will start around 50,000 – 70,000 points per night. Points redemption stay can only be booked once our system is up around July 2019.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Now the website shows it will open in August. Looks like this resort will never open.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Any updates on when this hotel will start taking reservations? Looking to go to Maldives in November 2019.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
For those watching/tracking this property - you can now search availability and book rooms online. Was able to grab 5 nights in November in an Overwater villa @ 340K points. Call center was limited in help as they could not see same availability as general website.

Seems like a good deal vs. the W at a non over-water villa. Hope resort has a smooth opening and is ready for guests!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:23 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by haahwee
For those watching/tracking this property - you can now search availability and book rooms online. Was able to grab 5 nights in November in an Overwater villa @ 340K points. Call center was limited in help as they could not see same availability as general website.

Seems like a good deal vs. the W at a non over-water villa. Hope resort has a smooth opening and is ready for guests!
I saw the same for OWV and Beach Pool Villa...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by haahwee

Yes - just seems like a $600 / person "Local Fee" attached to it.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:57 pm

Now debating if I should cancel Al Maha and just stay here the whole week vs just 5 days - 85k points a night is amazing.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:29 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10
Yes - just seems like a $600 / person "Local Fee" attached to it.
I'm still waiting to see what the air transfer fee will be... probably another 400.00 per person...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
I'm still waiting to see what the air transfer fee will be... probably another 400.00 per person...
$600/RT/person is what the hotel sent me in the info pack I got from them a few weeks ago
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
it will be the 1st cat 8 hotel under JW Marriott brand, according to Marriott.com.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:55 am

Confirmed. $600 fee is sea plane transfer
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:32 am

Do I book this or the new Waldorf Maldives? Can the seaplane pick me up directly from the Waldorf?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Do I book this or the new Waldorf Maldives? Can the seaplane pick me up directly from the Waldorf?
The answer may be yes, but the price won't be $600!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.