Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UAL, Marriott, Skymiles, AAdvantage, trueBlue, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt,Leaders Club, Alaska
I love the Maldives. I've stayed there a number of times at the old Tari Village.
The problem these days is with the political situation. Believe it or not, the government is one of the most radical Islamic in the region. But once you are off of Male, all is great.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:35 pm

Would be great if the Marriott Concierge... oh wait, I forgot. Marriott doesn't give a .... about FT anymore!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First

Marie provided a very prompt response to the question of delayed opening............ by the way, as a hotel manager Marriott itself really doesn't control the construction process (although it approves the mockup room) and if the owner/contractor fails to acheive progress (like at the Rayong and Sukhumvit 57 Marriotts, theres little if anything Marriott can do......

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Would be great if the Marriott Concierge... oh wait, I forgot. Marriott doesn't give a .... about FT anymore!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:21 pm

-1 on you.

That was almost one year ago. Since then she has disappeared and was never seen here!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:20 pm

-1 on you.

That was almost one year ago. Since then she has disappeared and was never seen here!
better check your facts before you post. Your original posts say Marriott Concierge is no longer here.... yet the last post by "Marriott Concierge" was June 29th, 2012...

whether or not Marriott Concierge answers the question of JW opening...that's another story
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:34 pm

Really? That's awesome! I'm sure we'll get an update on BOGO out of her. Oh no wait... She only posts on this topic in their own community. I should check my facts better before I ask for something silly like that!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: A few
wow folks say what you think! i didn't realize this was such a happy place. i am personally only interested in the maldives, not marriott so much, and was looking into us point-earning chains offerings. did not mean to stir an apparent hornets nest about whether or not marriott posts here
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:32 am

Any news on this? I read on the tripadvisor community that the property will not open as a Marriott hotel. Any info if this is true?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Any news on this? I read on the tripadvisor community that the property will not open as a Marriott hotel. Any info if this is true?
Marriott usually lists properties that are opening within the next several months to a year on its website. It has no listing in the Maldives, so I doubt one is going to open within the next 12 months.

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:05 am

Any update on this property? Will it still be a Marriott?

Would love to stay here in March 2013 using points, but doesn't look like it will happen!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Any update on this?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Nothing official.

This link says "resort was supposed to open in 2012 (although some reports have put the opening as late as 2015!)".
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by radioinstl
See below response from Marriott Concierge on Oct 21 2011:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-maldives.html

I don't have exact dates, but this property is currently scheduled to open in late 2012, early 2013.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Marie

It is now "early 2013"
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Dated March 22 2013 this link again mentions the JW Marriott Maldives.

http://news.marriott.com/jw-marriott-hotel-and-resorts.html

On further reading - I assume its somewhat stale though, the JW Cusco is listed as a future opening and I stayed there in November '12.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
There are a lot of properties listed there that have opening dates of 2011 and 2012, and as such would already be open.

I would be more concerned that the JW Maldives has a date of 2012, and is not open TTBOMK. For anyone who needs more current info, I would suggest contacting Jessica Kumins at her contact info provided at the bottom of the referenced news release. Obviously the content was just copied and pasted from the previous news release.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.