Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:53 pm

How bad was the Viceroy property that this hotel used to be / how long was it open for? Seems like there's been a lot of time put into renovations for something that looks almost the exact same (same number of rooms and general resort layout from the look of things).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:56 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10
How bad was the Viceroy property that this hotel used to be / how long was it open for? Seems like there's been a lot of time put into renovations for something that looks almost the exact same (same number of rooms and general resort layout from the look of things).
YouTube "Viceroy Maldives"... according to the mock ups on the JW Website they did a lot of renovations...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I can tell there were some interior design renovations. But the exteriors are similar.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Curiously, would you choose to redeem points at JW or Westin? Why? Westin is relatively new, no?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:21 am

I must have missed something - people were getting the OWV to price at the standard rate of 85k?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Gunner14
I must have missed something - people were getting the OWV to price at the standard rate of 85k?
They still are 85k.

The over-water bungalows are cheaper, for cash, than the beach ones so it isn't surprising that they are up for redemption.

PS. I do like the fact that the hotel website has to state the OWBs are 'Ocean View'. More weirdly, I'm not sure why the beach bungalows are only 'partial ocean view' unless it means you can't see it from the windows at the back!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
It seems like the common areas were overhauled quite significantly too. The interiors of the Viceroy looked awful, and the JW rehab looks very lovely. The only thing that stands out (in a lousy way IMHO) is the old bathtubs did not get replaced.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
They still are 85k.

The over-water bungalows are cheaper, for cash, than the beach ones so it isn't surprising that they are up for redemption.

PS. I do like the fact that the hotel website has to state the OWBs are 'Ocean View'. More weirdly, I'm not sure why the beach bungalows are only 'partial ocean view' unless it means you can't see it from the windows at the back!
Why are the OWBs cheaper? Is that concerning at all for the property?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
They still are 85k.

Ok maybe just no availability on the dates I searched. I'll have to keep looking.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Why are the OWBs cheaper? Is that concerning at all for the property?
The beach villa is more expensive at StR. The "dreaded" garden villa is the room below the OWV at the StR. There are fewer beach villas and many families are hesitant having little kids in an OWV, so the price ends up higher.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
It seems like the common areas were overhauled quite significantly too. The interiors of the Viceroy looked awful, and the JW rehab looks very lovely. The only thing that stands out (in a lousy way IMHO) is the old bathtubs did not get replaced.
If you look on Instagram there are a few employees getting trained at the resort that post the occasional photo and video. I agree with the old bathtubs. Haven't seen much of the inside of the OWB. The rest of the resort looks brand new. Though, I was hoping they'd do more for privacy between the OWBs.

Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:09 pm

Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the photos! I agree about the lack of privacy between neighboring OWVs- a little concerning.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:09 pm

Any pictures of the tubs? Privacy doesn't look that bad - looks like you can't really see onto the next deck and they are all decently spread out.

Edit: Just saw the youtube video of the black Viceroy tubs - look a little small. At some points on the deck it looks like you can see other decks for OWB, but most of the areas seem pretty private.

Last edited by Dn10; Jun 27, 2019 at 9:17 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:21 am

I was debating between st regis and jw marriott, jw marriott doesn't look too intriguing as a new (renovated) resort. St. Regis might be worth the extra price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.