Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Info for limobus to D Cube

https://www.airport.kr/airport/traff...seq=747&flag=E

We stayed, a family group of 9, at both the D Cube & Incheon last May. Limobus from ICN to D Cube, and Incheon to ICN.

Service/staff at the D Cube was excellent, and the station below the hotel does make it handy to move around. At Incheon we literally just slept there.

I cannot comment on the journey time in the morning from the D Cube, from Incheon it was no problem traffic wise.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
You will spend about 70 minutes on the bus each way ( direct from ICN to
hotel), so about 40 minutes more that staying at Sheraton Incheon.

I would probably come into town, but it depends on what you want to do
during the day and evening. If you just want to stay in your room, may as
well stay in Incheon. If you want to do something in Seoul ( shop, night life,
tourism) then go to D cubed.
Not worth going to the downtown- I will have to leave Chosun at 530 am the latest, with two jetlagged kids in UK time will be a big hassle.
I have taken the bus from Sheraton Incheon a few times, it takes max 30 mins (often less). 40mins extra might be bit too much for early morning departure.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by altyrocket
https://www.airport.kr/airport/traff...seq=747&flag=E

We stayed, a family group of 9, at both the D Cube & Incheon last May. Limobus from ICN to D Cube, and Incheon to ICN.

Service/staff at the D Cube was excellent, and the station below the hotel does make it handy to move around. At Incheon we literally just slept there.

I cannot comment on the journey time in the morning from the D Cube, from Incheon it was no problem traffic wise.
When we land the kids will be wide awake as they will be on UK time- there is nothing do near Sheraton Incheon which is the bid drawback staying there.
On the other hand, the morning bus takes max 30 mins from Sheraton Incheon so we can leave even at 630 am and still have time to have breakfast in the airport.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:50 am

How easy or difficult is it to do the Airport Railroad from ICN to Hongik University, then transferring to the Line 2 subway towards the hotel with two medium-sized suitcases? Will there be elevators/escalators, or is it mostly steps?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by silentbob1974
How easy or difficult is it to do the Airport Railroad from ICN to Hongik University, then transferring to the Line 2 subway towards the hotel with two medium-sized suitcases? Will there be elevators/escalators, or is it mostly steps?
I just did it today, it was very easy with elevators and escalators all the way to the hotel
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by alhitmi
I just did it today, it was very easy with elevators and escalators all the way to the hotel
We had a good stay recently. Breakfast at Feast was surprisingly decent for a Sheraton, though I suppose the bar is much higher in Asia than in North America. I would note that the transfer at Hongik University from the Airport Railroad to the No. 2 subway, although possible with elevators, is a fairly lengthy hike.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: free agent
anyone commute from this hotel to Yongsan garrison before? Might head to Seoul for work, and would love to stay at this property instead of 4P Namsan (open soon). Westin Chosun could work, but it doesnt offer government rate during my trip duration.

Last thing I want to do is stay at Dragon Hill Lodge on the base, and miss out 6-7 days worth of elite nights
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747
anyone commute from this hotel to Yongsan garrison before? Might head to Seoul for work, and would love to stay at this property instead of 4P Namsan (open soon). Westin Chosun could work, but it doesnt offer government rate during my trip duration.

Last thing I want to do is stay at Dragon Hill Lodge on the base, and miss out 6-7 days worth of elite nights
Yeah, it's fairly miserable. It is a haul. I prefer the Hyatt as Yongsan is just down the hill and you are right in the middle of some of the best food and nightlife.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Yeah, it's fairly miserable. It is a haul. I prefer the Hyatt as Yongsan is just down the hill and you are right in the middle of some of the best food and nightlife.
Ah I see. Have to make decision, if I'm not doing Starwood on this work trip, then I don't plan to pursue platinum because I don't really think it's worth to pay another 20-25ish nights out of my pocket to keep plat status.
Old May 8, 2015, 5:29 pm
azj

I recently completed a 2 night stay here and have to echo much of the sentiment on the property. Over all, a great place to stay, if only a bit far from everything, but this too I was anticipating. The staff was great and the room comfortable, though hard to cool at times. The elevator issue is a non event for me, but maybe it was because I was expecting it. The journey from the airport and transfer at Hongik was indeed a long journey but the price was right. I ate at Feast, which I originally wasn't planning on doing, and was mostly satisfied, except when they cleared my uneaten food when I was off getting more, as they informed me I wouldn't be able to when the clock struck 10am. I'd stay there again for sure.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Just completed 4 nights here. Arrived but the KAL bus. Checked in at club lounge. We had 5 adults across 2 rooms and they comped 4 adults to use club lounge, paid for the 5th. Was given breakfast in Feast for all as special promotion for club room which was very extensive. I received suite as a suite night request. The other room was a twin.

Found getting around by subway pretty easy once we figured out the signage. there were a lot of dining options in D cube as well as across the street.

Service was excellent and view very nice. We were touristing but it was a convenient enough location for us with time to get around to places we wanted to visit.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Just completed 4 nights here. Arrived but the KAL bus. Checked in at club lounge. We had 5 adults across 2 rooms and they comped 4 adults to use club lounge, paid for the 5th. Was given breakfast in Feast for all as special promotion for club room which was very extensive. I received suite as a suite night request. The other room was a twin.

Found getting around by subway pretty easy once we figured out the signage. there were a lot of dining options in D cube as well as across the street.

Service was excellent and view very nice. We were touristing but it was a convenient enough location for us with time to get around to places we wanted to visit.
Please compare transportation with aloft gangnam
I have experience with this property Airport limo bus for hotel and subway for another place.
D-Cube have decent fitness & indoor pool.
What about aloft ?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nongsom
Please compare transportation with aloft gangnam
I have experience with this property Airport limo bus for hotel and subway for another place.
D-Cube have decent fitness & indoor pool.
What about aloft ?
The bus is 5000 won cheaper to Aloft and the drop off point is very close to the hotel. Im not into fitness, I get more than enough walking around on tours and doing the steps in the public transport, though my wife dragged me through the gym at the Sheraton which seemed pretty extensive. The subway is about 3min to get to, the entrance is in the hotel complex at D cube. It is about 3 stops longer to get to the central area from Aloft than D Cube. Aloft is much more budget facilities than the Sheraton, more suited to a brief transit whilst the Sheraton was nice for an extended stay.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:30 am

Can I get advice about transportation from ICN to the hotel and back?

1. Limo Bus - point to point, takes about 1H15M depending on traffic. I arr at 1545H on a weekday so after customs etc presume I will hit rush-hour traffic.

2. Subway - Airport Express to Hongkik and then a transfer. Takes about 45M. Typical subway seating - facing the centre. No designated space for bags.

3. Airport Express non-stop to Seoul Station then find way back to Hongkik etc. Nice proper airport train seats and space. But a brief look at the maps shows it takes a lot of time to do that.

Any advice? Going to be dragging medium-sized bags.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Can I get advice about transportation from ICN to the hotel and back?

1. Limo Bus - point to point, takes about 1H15M depending on traffic. I arr at 1545H on a weekday so after customs etc presume I will hit rush-hour traffic.

2. Subway - Airport Express to Hongkik and then a transfer. Takes about 45M. Typical subway seating - facing the centre. No designated space for bags.

3. Airport Express non-stop to Seoul Station then find way back to Hongkik etc. Nice proper airport train seats and space. But a brief look at the maps shows it takes a lot of time to do that.

Any advice? Going to be dragging medium-sized bags.
We typically take the city bus to ICN and back home. They're large seats, clean, fast, and always on time. With the dedicated bus lanes...traffic isn't a problem.

Bags will be placed by an employee under the bus based on destination, and taken out for you at the hotel.

We're here if you need to ask any questions or want to know about the area (Seoul and the D cube area).

Last edited by singtx; Mar 9, 2016 at 2:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.