Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Mughal, Agra, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITC Mughal, Agra, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Treatment of platinum members is nice
Glad to see they improved on that aspects: I stayed a couple of years ago, and other than upgrade to a suite, had to beg for a 2pm check out, and even for using Plat Breakfast benefit. Also, no happy hour back then...
Old May 4, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
heading here for 1 night and using it as a base for Taj mahal and red fort..... then taking train back to Delhi. Looks very nice and I'm enthused by the reviews.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.)
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Had a recent stay on points, got upgraded to a suite. Treatment of platinum members is nice, good breakfast as others have mentioned (as plat you get happy hour, which is unlimited drinks from 7-8pm).
Property is big but didn't have time to wander it.

A very nice hotel.

BTW, across the street is Spice of India which is a good restaurant.
Anyone stay here recently on a SPG Luxury Privileges rate? Wondering about upgrade experiences...assume they´re upgrade friendly on these type of bookings!
Old May 16, 2017, 12:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Review: May 2017

Hi,

Stayed here for 1 night (regrettably) paid night. My first staying at an ITC hotel.

Location: Located about 2 km from the West entrance gate to the Taj Mahal, and looks to be at the edge the main city center. About 15 mins ride from Agra Cantt station. (should cost around 50-60 INR with an auto rickshaw) - did ask at the Prepaid taxi booth upon arrival, they wanted 200 INR.

Check-in: Got dropped off at the gates into the hotel compound. This is as from what I was told, THE hotel to stay in Agra (even better than the Taj). Anyway, entering the compound it's like entering a different world, suddenly all the horns and noise of the traffic disappears.
There was no one at check-in and was helped immediately by the lovely and friendly associate, Karma. After completion of the procedures, she brought us to the upgraded suite. We had a good chat along the way to the room.
The lobby area was magnificent itself and magical. The interior decoration fits perfectly into the hotel, a good combination of modern yet reflecting the culture.

Room: Suites are located in a different wing of the hotel. Upon entering the room, it was just beautiful. Again a good combination of modern and culture. One of the best suites I have seen. The bedroom itself was another wow factor.
Internet was good, stable and sufficient speed. TV was good with a good variation of options.
There was a tea and coffee making facility. As usual, lots of bottled water was provided.
In this suite wing, rooms at the ground floor have their own private dipping pool and cabana area.

Bathroom: A very spacious and beautifully divided. The toiletries provided were of some Italian brand which had male and female toiletries (a first I have seen). Water pressure was good.

Breakfast: Again a good spread of Indian and western options. Besides buffet items, they do have some signature breakfast dishes that can be order. Tried one of them and it was delicious. Very accommodating to requesting items not in the buffet without additional charge.

Staff: All staff encountered were friendly, always willing to help. Felt very welcomed in this place. All the staff at the hotel had some beautiful uniforms which again represented the theme of the hotel and the culture. One of the best uniforms I have seen at any hotel - beautiful and chique.

General: One of the best hotels I have stayed in. If I had known, I would have stayed here for 2 nights instead of 1. Will definitely return to this property if I am in the area and highly recommend this place. It's a pity that I did not have time to explore the compound of the hotel which looked to be very well kept and a well break from the busy traffic outside.

Elite benefit: Besides the great upgrade to the suite, elites are given an happy hour at the lobby bar from 7-8 pm (unlimited) drinks. (if I remember correctly, the basic alcoholic drinks are included, not sure if cocktails, etc are included). I just had red wine and beer.

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; May 16, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Stayed here for one night a few days ago and was very happy. Upgraded to a suite and was spacious. They did have 2 single beds combinded together without King size linens so they are literally two single beds together, but that was OK as I was alone.

The AC doesn't get particularly cool, however it was passable. The showers were very nice as you have the rainhead in addition to an angled to go both at the same time, nice feature.

One disappointment was that I didn't have any spa appointments made in advance and they were all full that day so no appointments available. Also they had scarce female therapists available the next day as well, so I passed.

The Taj was great btw as I did the 6 am tour before the crowds.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Had a great stay here a few nights ago. My SNA did not clear at 5 days out, so I reached out to the hotel and was upgraded to Royal Mughal Suite on 2nd floor. We checked in at 09:30 and at first I was told our room wouldn't be ready until 2 pm, but a few minutes later, FD agent said she would have a room for us in 10 mins! Wonderful suite considering I was on a dirt cheap BRG (even though I took 2000 bonus pts). Buffet breakfast was included in room rate. Room was clean, modern and very pleasant to stay in.

Since there is no Club Lounge, Platinums are invited to enjoy free wine, beer and spirits (well drinks) between 6-8 pm in the bar by the breakfast restaurant. There is also a limited selection of canapés. No welcome gift in the room but I didn't care since everything was so nice.

There are 2 beautiful pools at the hotel. We used the one at the spa.

I would highly recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
How well does this hotel respond to special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)

I’m going to be staying at this hotel in about a couple of months, which coincides with my wife’s birthday. How good is this hotel at recognizing birthdays or other special occasions when they are brought up in advance?

I have contact information for the hotel so I could get in touch with them (and plan to, if it might be worth doing). I’m also open to (if the price is right) taking an up sell for a nicer room (I’m only silver, so I’m assuming that a complimentary upgrade is completely out of the question).

Also, other than the hotel restaurants and Pinch of Spice, are there any other good eateries that are safe to walk to?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gmax58
I’m going to be staying at this hotel in about a couple of months, which coincides with my wife’s birthday. How good is this hotel at recognizing birthdays or other special occasions when they are brought up in advance?

I have contact information for the hotel so I could get in touch with them (and plan to, if it might be worth doing). I’m also open to (if the price is right) taking an up sell for a nicer room (I’m only silver, so I’m assuming that a complimentary upgrade is completely out of the question).

Also, other than the hotel restaurants and Pinch of Spice, are there any other good eateries that are safe to walk to?
have never spent a special occasion here so can't say how good they are at recognizing those but in general this property treats guests extremely well so i would be surprised if they can't make some sort of arrangement for you....trying to get an upsell in advance may be a good idea....

there is not too much within walking distance....
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:25 am

any recent stay at this property ?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:47 am

(deleted)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
any recent stay at this property ?
I was there in January. Anything specific you'd like to know?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can't speak for MPP, but I'd like to know the breakfast situation so I can update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Shounak
I was there in January. Anything specific you'd like to know?
I’m just wondering whether to stay 2 or 3 nights and just looking for data points. Reviews over here seem to be good but on the hotel’s Bonvoy webpage tens to be rather average.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I’m just wondering whether to stay 2 or 3 nights and just looking for data points. Reviews over here seem to be good but on the hotel’s Bonvoy webpage tens to be rather average.
It's a nice property, and has enough variety in the restaurants. And the gardens are decent. But it's not an exciting property even though it is gorgeous, and tends to be quite packed. Also, staying in Agra for 3 nights is excessive; you can see everything in a day, and if you want to do a side trip, 2 nights is more than enough.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can't speak for MPP, but I'd like to know the breakfast situation so I can update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
They don't have a dedicated lounge. Happy Hour is for 2 hours in the bar off to the right of the reception area. So, no breakfast in the exec lounge as they don't have one! But they did give me free breakfast for all my rooms (3 of them), as a benefit, since my rate didn't include breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.