Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Tel Aviv, Israel [Master Thread]

Old May 19, 10, 11:03 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Hi there,

Im considering staying at the Renaissance Hotel Tel Aviv and would very much appreciate other FTers feedback who have stayed there.
Also is staying on the Club floor worth the extra $$?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 25, 10, 3:17 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Last stayed there about four years ago.

It was just fine--nothing great, nothing bad.

Nice location on the beach and close to the "hopping" areas of Tel Aviv.

Received lounge access by virtue of being Platinum--that too was "just fine".

Most significant change needed is refurbishment--but the decor is not terrible.
Old Apr 12, 12, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Apologies for bringing up an old post...

Can anyone offer some more detailed information about this hotel? Is it half-decent? Rooms? Treatment of plats? How are the beaches? Any good restaurant recommendations close by?

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 12, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond,Club Carlson Gold
I stayed at the Tel Aviv Ren in May 2011 during a 3 week trip to Jordan and Israel. Marriott has very few properties in Israel.

I'm a lowly Gold, and we were using free night certificates from our Marriott Premier cards (one night for me, one night for my wife) so I was pleased with the upgrade we received: 16th floor, south facing room with a nice view of the beach. (The hotel was a category 5 in 2011 - not sure what the category is now. Category 5 is justified, but I don't think it's worth a category 6.) We enjoyed the top floor lounge (not as fancy as some of the other lounges we've visited, but OK), and we were given one voucher for 2 people for the Israeli-style buffet breakfast.

I agree that the hotel's location is good. You can walk to most of the sights you might wish to visit in Tel Aviv or Jaffa.

This was by no means the fanciest property we visited on this trip. In general, I was surprised to find that the hotels we stayed at in Jordan were a few notches above the hotels we found in Israel. Still, we were in Israel for the first time, and we had a $250 room for 2 nights for the price of our free night certificates, so I have nothing to complain about.

If you search this forum, I believe you will find a few other threads discussing this hotel.

Last edited by GetawaysRus; Apr 13, 12 at 10:51 am
Old Apr 13, 12, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Great info. Thanks for taking the time to write about it.
Old Jul 8, 14, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
wxguy provided the first update we had on the Tel Aviv Rennaissance in the exec lounge sticky. He provided a bit more info than I need for the sticky, so I thought I'd post his info here so FTers would see it if they did a search on the property. Thanks to wxguy for providing the info.

Renaissance Tel Aviv Exec Lounge:

Open Sun-Thu 0600-2400; Fri 0800-2100; Sat 0800-2300. Brekkie and evening snacks are "dairy," in keeping with Kosher style, so no meat items. Continental breakfast served 0700-1100 and hot selections in the evening 1800-2000. Free beer and wine. Two Internet terminals. WiFi available to guests (with a free code), but annoyingly slow throughout the hotel. CL is restricted to adults only (18+). CL-eligible guests are also allowed to have free full breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. CL rules permit host to have one guest for free, additional guests at $35 per entrance.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 15, 12:21 am

It's been over a year since the last post, so I'm curious if anyone has been there since?

We're planning a trip to Israel in December and will be staying at the Renaissance at the front and back of the trip (at a spa hotel near the Golan Heights in the middle).

So are there recent opinions? Also, my sister and mom (they're joining us on this trip) have been raving about the breakfasts they had in Israel last time they were there - something about Israeli breakfast with lots of stuff (not sure what that means). Does the Renaissance serve that in the restaurant (I assume the lounge is typical Marriott), and can we opt to eat there? (I'm Platinum, mom is Gold, husband could be Gold through United).

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 15, 2:09 am
Suspended

have you bothered to even look at Sharon's stcky (as she spends alot of hours maintaining it)?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

Originally Posted by abbydancer View Post
Also, my sister and mom (they're joining us on this trip) have been raving about the breakfasts they had in Israel last time they were there - something about Israeli breakfast with lots of stuff (not sure what that means). Does the Renaissance serve that in the restaurant (I assume the lounge is typical Marriott), and can we opt to eat there? (I'm Platinum, mom is Gold, husband could be Gold through United).

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 15, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by leeky View Post
have you bothered to even look at Sharon's stcky (as she spends alot of hours maintaining it)?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html
I looked at it but was hoping for recent confirmation.

Thank you.
Old Oct 27, 15, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by abbydancer View Post
I looked at it but was hoping for recent confirmation.

Thank you.
The sticky, which was updated based on the update last year, says that CL-eligible guests have the option of eating in the lounge or the restaurant. If the restaurant option is still available, check out the exec lounge brekkie first to see if it meets your needs or head down to the full buffet option in the restaurant.

Also, note that CL access is limited to elite+1. If you've got two rooms & you're Plat & mom is Gold, probably good idea to get her name on the 2nd room so all of you have access. Otherwise it's $35/extra per person.

If you stay there in December, then please do a trip report after your stay so we can have a recent update. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 15, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
The sticky, which was updated based on the update last year, says that CL-eligible guests have the option of eating in the lounge or the restaurant. If the restaurant option is still available, check out the exec lounge brekkie first to see if it meets your needs or head down to the full buffet option in the restaurant.

Also, note that CL access is limited to elite+1. If you've got two rooms & you're Plat & mom is Gold, probably good idea to get her name on the 2nd room so all of you have access. Otherwise it's $35/extra per person.

If you stay there in December, then please do a trip report after your stay so we can have a recent update. Thx.

Cheers.
Thanks, I will post a review. My mom will make her own reservation, so she'll get herself and my sister in, and I'll get me and my husband in.
Old Oct 27, 15, 11:18 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Both the lounge and restaurant breakfast are nothing to write home about... I love the location, but the hotel and the food is soso...
Old Oct 28, 15, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA SIL, WN A+/CP, Marriott Tit (LT), Hyatt EXP, Hilton Gold
was there last fall for 7 days as a plat.

Don't expect an upgrade. Not a lot of suites. Rooms are comfortable, not huge or extravagant, but we had a great patio and sea view.

Lounge has decent snacks and wine.

I will disagree with the previous poster about the restaurant.

The breakfast, similar to many Israeli hotels, is excellent, with lots and lots of choices.

The location is great, right on the beach, you can walk to most areas.
Old Dec 24, 15, 2:29 am

We just arrived. Room has a great view, and looks fine - I'll post more at the end of the trip.

However, the front desk told us that as Elites we do NOT get the choice of lounge or restaurant, just the lounge. Has anyone stayed recently who got a choice? Is it worth 100.00 (NS) for the restaurant one day?

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 16, 9:42 am

Comments on our stay

We're home from our stay. We stayed 7 nights at the Renaissance, split between a 4 day and a 3 day stay (up north in the middle).

First the good - the rooms, while on the small side were nice - the bathroom was very functional and the furnishings seemed new. We were on the 12th floor, which was a club level. The first stay faced north, and the second south - I'd request a south view in the future, you can see down to Jaffa from there and it's gorgeous (although the north view wasn't bad).

The not so good - the service wasn't great. Housekeeping seemed to have an issue with towels, we had to call to request the right number each day, and sometimes it took two calls. (example - one day they didn't leave hand towels or washcloths - when we called we got hand towels but not washcloths). We had an issue with a very leaky sink faucet - took two calls to get someone to look at it and they had to fix it the next day. To be fair they did offer to move us, but we were in the back half of the stay, and it was too much of a pain.

The lounge was easily the worst international lounge I've been in. The food choices were OK, probably about equivalent to a US lounge. Breakfast was Ok, but some days the only choice for coffee was the expresso machine, which did not make brewed coffee. Sometimes they'd have pots of coffee, some days not. When I asked, the staff would just shrug their shoulders. One day, I was in the lounge at 6:30 (it opened at 6) and there was almost nothing there - a few pastries, and I think the hot stuff (eggs and pancakes) but no fruit, coffee or juice). Pathetic. (I emailed the manager, since he'd given me his contact based on the low rating I gave the hotel on a survey from the first stay, and he comped us a day at the restaurant - that was OK but not great). The lounge was also small, with inadequate seating when busy.

There is a Sheraton next door, and they are apparently building a W in Jaffa. If Marriott and Starwood merge their loyalty programs and I can get Starwood benefits, I'd probably try the Sheraton next time.

Search this Thread