Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:53 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Bonvoyed!

I'm staying here now, and it appears that Marriott has now Bonvoyed the breakfast at this hotel. The coupon is good for a continental breakfast, and that's it. If you don't want a continental breakfast, you need to pay full price for anything else on the menu. You get no discount.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Hoc
I'm staying here now, and it appears that Marriott has now Bonvoyed the breakfast at this hotel. The coupon is good for a continental breakfast, and that's it. If you don't want a continental breakfast, you need to pay full price for anything else on the menu. You get no discount.
To be clear, I highly doubt Marriott corporate has commanded this individual property to change its breakfast menu.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by arlflyer

To be clear, I highly doubt Marriott corporate has commanded this individual property to change its breakfast menu.
I doubt they’ve commanded but they now don’t hold properties to the same standards as under SPG.....so essentially allowed them to do it.
UA-NYC and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:13 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, that's my point.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
You may want to ask about that. I stay there 50-60 nights per year and just stayed last week with no issues on the coupon. Picked something on the menu and it was covered with the coupon.

I am checking in tomorrow night and will report back with any issues with the free breakfast.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Exp, SPG Plat 100
The breakfast benefit of choosing off the menu seems to be gone for sure. I've had that option in May 2019 but today was told only the Continental Buffet which was bread, cereal boxes, and a fruit plate - extremely disappointing. I took the breakfast coupon back to the desk and asked for points.

In addition the property has seemed to go downhill, even more, there is no GM only an Assistant GM. Lock on my door was always unlocked and told they were at capacity and just to use the latch since no one in overnight engineering can fix the lock.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:22 pm
Hoc

Originally Posted by benamaster
The breakfast benefit of choosing off the menu seems to be gone for sure. I've had that option in May 2019 but today was told only the Continental Buffet which was bread, cereal boxes, and a fruit plate - extremely disappointing. I took the breakfast coupon back to the desk and asked for points.

In addition the property has seemed to go downhill, even more, there is no GM only an Assistant GM. Lock on my door was always unlocked and told they were at capacity and just to use the latch since no one in overnight engineering can fix the lock.
I was also quite disappointed with the property. The room was shabby. On my first day, the maid asked me, as I was leaving the room, "Do you want me to clean your room today?" in a tone that made clear that she did not want to do it. Also, the fitness center is subpar. Treadmills, elliptical machines and dumbells. No weight machines, and a ball that was so deflated, Tom Brady would have been proud. Some religious show playing on the TV, and no way to change the channel or turn it off, as there was no remote in the room. Next time I'm in Philly, I'll stay somewhere else.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I've stayed at the hotel numerous times and years ago actually thought it was one of the better LeM in the US with a great restaurant. Even back then I thought the management was doing their best to NOT follow the upgrade rules and basically try to get away with what they could. The fact that the breakfast has changed confirms this to me yet again. I recently tried the Renaissance DT for a visit I had and I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone upset with the LeM should give them a try. The rooms are spacious and the elite breakfast was a small buffet set up in the bar. In addition to the small buffet, they allowed us to order toast off the menu and said there was not extra charge. Just to clarify, it wasn't a huge buffet but it had scrambled eggs, potatoes, meat, pastries, cereal and yogurt...sort of like what you would find in most club lounges but definitely better than what is described above as being the new norm at the LeM.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31344565-post26.html
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by christianj; Sep 13, 2019 at 6:18 am
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:11 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Wow. Sounds like I need to check out other properties in town if this one is really getting as bad as is being suggested herein.

I will say that I had a disastrous experience the last time here—and my dealings with first the sales director and then the GM were truly unimpressive. That largely made me look elsewhere. Thankfully, it seems.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:38 am

I haven't heard many horror stories out of this property, but my colleagues have been unimpressed with it as a business hotel for practical reasons such as oddly-shaped, awkward desks and poor room service. So I opt for less-shiny, but more functional properties when the few nice ones are sold out, and have actively avoided this one.

@bhrubin - book the new Four Seasons, thank me later!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:48 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I haven't heard many horror stories out of this property, but my colleagues have been unimpressed with it as a business hotel for practical reasons such as oddly-shaped, awkward desks and poor room service. So I opt for less-shiny, but more functional properties when the few nice ones are sold out, and have actively avoided this one.

@bhrubin - book the new Four Seasons, thank me later!
I'm actually booked for the new FS, the Rittenhouse, and the RC to test them all out. I also plan to try the new W once it opens.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'm actually booked for the new FS, the Rittenhouse, and the RC to test them all out. I also plan to try the new W once it opens.
Will be curious about your take on 1) the FS at the very top of the market (how does it compare to other top-tier, big-city properties, as I haven't been to a huge number), and 2) the RC as compared to RC brand standards (I have my opinion...).

Rittenhouse I never managed to make it around to but have obviously heard very good things. Though I don't know if I'd trade the Logan for it - they seem like comps on paper / photos, but obviously Hilton points and benefits at the latter.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:16 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Will be curious about your take on 1) the FS at the very top of the market (how does it compare to other top-tier, big-city properties, as I haven't been to a huge number), and 2) the RC as compared to RC brand standards (I have my opinion...).

Rittenhouse I never managed to make it around to but have obviously heard very good things. Though I don't know if I'd trade the Logan for it - they seem like comps on paper / photos, but obviously Hilton points and benefits at the latter.
I answered in the Philadelphia Bonvoy thread since that seems the most appropriate location for where this discussion is going...

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA
arlflyer likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Looking to book here this summer. Anyone stayed here recently? What can I expect as a Platinum member?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Just checked out after two days. Lifetime Titanium and I got an upgrade to a nice corner room with a bit of interior passage away from the hallway and associated noise. Each and every member of the front desk staff is excellent. Friendly, welcoming, always smiling, happy to help! Very good shower with very hot water and great water pressure. Unfortunately, that's where it ends. The room was not clean. Put some clothes on a shelf and when I took them off, they were covered in dust. Went to move the easy chair for a better tv view and clearly nobody had moved that chair--or cleaned behind it!--in a long time. Housekeeping never even showed up on my second day, despite two calls to the operator. Was told they had a lot of check-outs and were quite busy but when I returned at 9:30pm, they'd never come. Four square, sad lumpy little pillows on a king bed and lots of wear and tear--peeling wallpaper, stained lamp shades, wearing out furniture, etc. Mostly a beer and wine lobby bar. The bartender--who was incredibly friendly--didn't know some basic cocktails and didn't have on hand for the one he did know. Asked what he could do with gin. Answer: gin & tonic. Mind you, it's a great location if you're in town to be a tourist and the price was right. But now I know why. (Oh, and park at the Love Park Garage 1/2 block away at $22/night on weekends vs. $65+tip for valet.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.