Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 4:19 pm

Staying in late Jan on 4 night award.

Will report back.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of my favorite hotels -- we've stayed there many times. Nice rooms, great location and helpful and friendly staff. However, do NOT depend on the concierge for restaurant recommendations. One of our favorite restaurants is one block done the Via Veneto, one block left, then another right. I can't recall the name, now, but it's a common Italian name, e.g. "Luigis" or some such.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Please do some searches after the folks here respond back. I have stayed twice and have posted reports after each one. One stay was this last summer, one was two years ago.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:00 am

Rome Grand Flora - Complimentary breakfasts for Plats

Creating a new thread so that this is easy for folks to see

Just spent 6 nights on an award stay over the new year's at this hotel and was provided with free breakfast for the entire family (I had 2 rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids). I believe this is a change since from previous posts it didn't seem like this was a benefit offered by this hotel.

You still have to sign the bill at breakfast (showed at 52 euros for 2 breakfasts) but it does not show up on the bill.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:20 am

Did they tell you this at check-in? If so, do you ask or was it offered?

How about Gold? I'm staying there for 4 days on an award later this week.

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:31 am

Unfortunately I do not know about Golds. I did not bother asking since from previous threads it seemed like this was not offered and folks had found nearby restaurants to have breakfast. I had no intention of spending over 100euros every day just to have breakfast in the hotel so had planned on looking for the nearby places to eat.

I was pleasantly surprised when the person at the front desk mentioned this and that it applied to both rooms and all 4 people. Breakfast was the normal European breakfasts (meats, cheeses, bread, fruit, yogurt, etc) with the addition of 2 types of eggs, bacon and sausage. And obviously this being Italy, one could select a cappucino, expresso, etc.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:03 am

We stayed there for a week in Sept 03 on a award stay. I was gold at the time and we were given complimentary breakfast each day so I don't think this is any change
Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
Did they tell you this at check-in? If so, do you ask or was it offered?

How about Gold? I'm staying there for 4 days on an award later this week.

Thanks.
Yes, Golds also get complementary breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by acnev
Just spent 6 nights on an award stay [...]
Was your award an "anytime" award or a normal award? Anytime awards come with complimentary breakfast for two. Or maybe this was something the hotel was offering on its own, because it doesn't sound like a new program benefit.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:04 pm

We stayed at the Grand Flora on points for a week in Sept 03, I was gold at the time and we were give complimentary breafkast for the week. I was thrilled.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by KathyP
We stayed at the Grand Flora on points for a week in Sept 03, I was gold at the time and we were give complimentary breafkast for the week. I was thrilled.
Right, you posted this info twice but did not answer A Traveller's question. Was this a Standard award or Stay Anytime award? The point being, all Stay Anytime awards include breakfast for 2. At this hotel a Standard award for 7 nights woudl have been 150000 points and a Stay Anytime award for 7 nights would have been 225000 points. Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 2:21 pm

The first of two nights on our visit this past week was a standard award, and we got breakfast. However, not sure if this was because of elite status.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Right, you posted this info twice but did not answer A Traveller's question. Was this a Standard award or Stay Anytime award? The point being, all Stay Anytime awards include breakfast for 2. At this hotel a Standard award for 7 nights woudl have been 150000 points and a Stay Anytime award for 7 nights would have been 225000 points. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

It was a standard award. Hard to believe but I booked exactly 1 year in advance of our stay
Old Apr 8, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
KathyP, thanks for the clarification. Do they not have a healthy start or better breakfast in the Concierge Lounge? If not, then it makes sense that they are providing it to Gold and Plat elites as this is one of the benefits that is guaranteed.

Ntamayo, did you get breakfast on the mornings of your paid nights? The phrasing of your post led me to believe that you stayed more than just the 2 award nights.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:07 am

They do not have a concierge lounge. The full buffet breakfast is a GLD/PLT bennie, even on weekends.

aaupgrade, yes, my wife and I got the breakfast in the Cabiria restaurant on the morning of the paid night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.