Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread]

[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread]

Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Mrtravel28
In the sauna (the entire sauna area, not the actual steam room) there were combined men and women naked (all while children were also present). I was told that is acceptable. No towels, was told wouldn't be getting any more that night.

The nudity is really what I question, as the rest are technical issues that shouldn't be happening, but seeing peoples private parts all while kids are running around doesn't seem like the SPG way.
This is normal in Germany/Austria and many parts of Switzerland. Strange that there were no towels but it is seen as unhygienic to wear swimwear in saunas. Normally young children are not allowed in a sauna area, however, sometimes parents ignore the signs.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by price123
This is normal in Germany/Austria and many parts of Switzerland. Strange that there were no towels but it is seen as unhygienic to wear swimwear in saunas. Normally young children are not allowed in a sauna area, however, sometimes parents ignore the signs.
Yes in the Sauna, not in the public area though....why would one need to lie out in the salt room naked? Or walk around naked, or be naked in the steam room? This was beyond normal, and this normal should then be properly noted, how come on all the hotel advertising they don't have anybody nude pictured in the sauna/pool areas?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:46 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by price123
This is normal in Germany/Austria and many parts of Switzerland.
+1. Just normal culture for spas and relaxation areas in spas, in these countries, and a lack of prudish attitudes towards nudity/sex in general. The German owned Arabella hotels (associated with SPG) also have this policy in a lot of their spas, including the Westin Arabella in Cape Town, South Africa IIRC.

I have had great stays in this hotel, and the neighboring Schloss Fuschl.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Moderator note
The 'nudity' review point has spawned a rather lively and lengthy side-discussion about more generic issues and so is not suited for inclusion into a hotel master reference thread. Please refer here for more :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...a-allowed.html

Back on topic ...

Originally Posted by Mrtravel28
Didn't receive my "make a green choice point" or platinum gift points. Took a month and getting William involved to get a canned response with no resolution or apology for that matter
It's unusual on the forum to get reports of 'no resolution' of missing amenity and green points, particularly if the Lurker team is involved. Can you share more detail on why you didn't get the credits you were expecting from your stay at this hotel ?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
I received the missing amenity and green points, it took getting Lurker involved. Not sure why they were this sloppy.

I should say that the trash by the pool area was over floating, no towels, bad attitude staff, the issues with the rooms, the list goes on.

Previously this wasn't the experience I had here. I don't know if they went through some major management changes or were just hugely overbooked, but for this experience I wouldn't be going back for a while.

The attitude of we are sorry that it wasn't good enough for you from the email that took a month to send for them was just the cherry on top. Not like they are the only hotel, but nevertheless surprising attitude for SPG.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Here now but at checkin the SPG system still had not upgraded my crossover Marriott status to Platinum (previous SPG stays a few months ago had so kinda surprised that the system here still had me at Corporate).

Front desk verified my status and asked if I wanted an upgrade (really, asked ?) and now in a junior suite.

Still no AC in the rooms (stayed here before but chose again due to its location) and today it's supposed to get into the 30s.

On a personal note, I am Thai but repeatedly taken by the staff as part of a Chinese tour group and told I cannot eat in the main restaurant as a fully paying guest but must eat in the designated Chinese tour group room. Frankly, this is discrimination, pure and simple and the staff needs to be much better trained.

Last edited by Srisarin; May 28, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Old May 29, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Srisarin
On a personal note, I am Thai but repeatedly taken by the staff as part of a Chinese tour group and told I cannot eat in the main restaurant as a fully paying guest but must eat in the designated Chinese tour group room. Frankly, this is discrimination, pure and simple and the staff needs to be much better trained.
Most Asians in Europe are tourists, so lots of assumption are made about them simply based on appearance. Asian-American students who attend exchange programs in Europe are often stunned by the treatment they receive there. I'd put it down to a lack of familiarity (and training, as you say), rather than malice.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Most Asians in Europe are tourists, so lots of assumption are made about them simply based on appearance. Asian-American students who attend exchange programs in Europe are often stunned by the treatment they receive there. I'd put it down to a lack of familiarity (and training, as you say), rather than malice.
In my opinion, your argument is bogus; Srisarin is right that this is sheer discrimination.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Just completed week long stay. Nice property in beautiful location. We had breakfast already included.
What I wanted to share is stay from Elite guest perspective.
Well, there was zero recognition, not even a thank you for being elite member at check in. No room upgrade, despite low occupancy. I had to inquire about everything, despite mentioning it is my first time there, and would welcome that because several things were not business as usual. For example, one had to book certain time in sauna, but only to be informed at wellness reception after being turned away there. Free passes to near by beach for our stay I also had to inquire, no mention of it at all.
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Just completed week long stay. Nice property in beautiful location. We had breakfast already included.
What I wanted to share is stay from Elite guest perspective.
Well, there was zero recognition, not even a thank you for being elite member at check in. No room upgrade, despite low occupancy. I had to inquire about everything, despite mentioning it is my first time there, and would welcome that because several things were not business as usual. For example, one had to book certain time in sauna, but only to be informed at wellness reception after being turned away there. Free passes to near by beach for our stay I also had to inquire, no mention of it at all.

Interesting. What status do you have and what kind of room did you get?

In the past as Platinum/Titanium I always got a Duplex Suite.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78

Titanium Elite. Booked and got Grand Deluxe Room, Larger Guest room, 1 King.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Titanium Elite. Booked and got Grand Deluxe Room, Larger Guest room, 1 King.
OMG.... I already heared some bad things about Fuschl recently (no upgrades, no recognition,... ) ... I think I'll wait before Igo there next.

Thanks for yout post!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:08 pm

OMG.... I already heared some bad things about Fuschl recently (no upgrades, no recognition,... ) ... I think I'll wait before Igo there next.

Thanks for yout post!
I forgot - many things are actually explained in "local times" paper, however, I only found out about its existence about 2 days into the stay, which has nothing to do with elite treatment, but simple information that should be given out to every arriving guest.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Sold out for 2021?

I was trying to book a room for the Jagdhof but it shows the hotel is sold out at least through the rest of the year. Didn't matter whether I tried cash or points or 1 or 2 or several nights, it shows nothing available as far as the eye can see. Is this just my browser glitching or are they doing some maintenance on their booking site or are they really completely booked out for the next year? Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL Plat (comped), BD
Originally Posted by IDM79
I was trying to book a room for the Jagdhof but it shows the hotel is sold out at least through the rest of the year. Didn't matter whether I tried cash or points or 1 or 2 or several nights, it shows nothing available as far as the eye can see. Is this just my browser glitching or are they doing some maintenance on their booking site or are they really completely booked out for the next year? Thanks for any help.
I was searching for Salzburg rooms earlier this week and did not find availability in any of the 4 starwood properties. Given that Austria only permits travel for non-touristic reasons currently, I think it is safe to assume they have shut down and closed all reservations (unintendedly?) for the time being.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.