Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEAVING Sept 4, 2022] Schloss Fuschl, Austria, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

[LEAVING Sept 4, 2022] Schloss Fuschl, Austria, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Old May 11, 2010, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Arrow [LEAVING Sept 4, 2022] Schloss Fuschl, Austria, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Back again in the starwood - family.

Cat. 6

Some internet - links:

new own homepage

on spg

own homepage

the collection of art

web-shop

fishery

Kochakademie

SPA

Chronik

Factsheet

Prospekt

old master thread on flyertalk

picture Restaurant Imperial

picture Deluxe Zimmer / room

picture Schloss Remise mit Feuerstelle

picture Außenansicht / Hotelpanorama

picture Schloss Fuschl SPA

picture Executive Boardroom Mozart Suite

picture Seehäusl

picture Seehäusl Wohnbereich / living room

picture Sissi Suite mit Blick / Sissi Suite with view

picture Schloß Restaurant

picture Festsaal

links in red are not available ( for the moment )

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; May 26, 2010 at 11:01 am Reason: changing for multiple reasons
Old May 26, 2010, 6:14 am

Does anyone know the room number of the one they used for their "country style rooms"/Jägerhaus zimmer photo? It's absolutely gorgeous and it's really the one I'd like to book. Otherwise, what are the other good rooms in that building?
Old May 26, 2010, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Old Master Thread

The master thread dating back to 2006, when this property was first with SPG, can be found here.

If you are considering a stay, the old old thread is worth a read, as it's quite robust and some of the important details likely haven't changed a great deal.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Just back from redeeming a FWN. This was high-high season with summer holidays and Salzburg Festival happening.

We were nicely greeted during arrival, and the bellman would park our car (FOC) in the garage. We were given a non-exciting Deluxe just above reception, so we said we would welcome if they looked a little harder for a better room.

We then received a full lake-view Deluxe in the connecting hallway wing. The rooms are not huge (maybe 30m2 ?) but functional and nicely done. Due to the busy-ness it was obvious that suite upgrades were likely out of reach that day. The minibar is free (4 large water bottles, 2 each of juice, coke, and beer). Chose the Fuschl Cake as Plat amenity, great cake, and great value.

The Spa is fantastic, and even though 4 years old, looks like it opened yesterday. The fitness area is maybe a bit small, but has recent equipment.

We booked halfboard for an extra 58EUR pP. Dinner was a 3 course of high - but not fantastic - quality. The restaurant has beautiful views, but it is quite stiff in there, and was probably even stiffer because of the Festival. Average guest age was probably 75. Breakfast was also of good quality, but not the best ever. I recommend to ask for the separate menu for made-to-order egg dishes.

The concierge was a superb host to us during the short stay. He would take us - despite being very busy - on a quick tour through one of the Seehaeusl suites (nice, but at least for us priced completely out of range).

Was given a 2pm check out on Sunday. While we had hoped for 4pm, this was a very busy resort during high season.

Overall for me one of the top propierties for Starwood anywhere. The location, the lake, and the overall quality are excellent.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Question Arriving by public transport ?

How can one arrive by public transport from the train station to the hotel?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
There is a bus stop near Jagdhof, but I don't know the bus number. I think it is a Postbus.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: CO Plat; SPG Plat
We took a taxi from the old part of Salzburg to Scholl Fuschl. The ride is approximately 30 minutes and cost 36 euros.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:12 am

Try this link
http://www.austria-connection.at/ant...dischl.bus.pdf
Just remember you might need to walk down to the Schloss...but I am sure they would pick you up from the bus stop if you call ahead.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Closed from 10/25-4/30

Apparently they are closed from October 25 through the end of April. I presume this means they operate seasonally, although I can find no mention of the closure period on their web site.

They weren't on my radar screen until I saw this thread and was hoping to book them for...alas, a stay starting on Oct 25.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:58 am

The Jagdhof will stay open, also a very nice hotel and next door. But of course less luxurious (but also much cheaper). Suggest you give them a call.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by banzani
The Jagdhof will stay open, also a very nice hotel and next door. But of course less luxurious (but also much cheaper). Suggest you give them a call.
Indeed they recommended The Jagdhof to me in the e-mail explaining they were closed. (They also recommended their "sister" hotel, the Schloss Pitchlarn, which is not a Starwood.)

Still, isn't it normal for a hotel to flag seasonal closures on their web site?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:52 pm

BUMP

any recent stays at this property? Am planning a stay towards the end of Apr - beginning May, still wondering whether the EUR 290.00 rate is justifiable!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jaejaez; Oct 3, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by jaejaez
any recent stays at this property? Am planning a stay towards the end of Aug - beginning May, still wondering whether the EUR 290.00 rate is justifiable!

Thanks in advance!
Definitely!

I will post a report soon.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:25 am

*bump*

Reports for this property are scarce indeed........
Old Dec 25, 2010, 6:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hotel will open in May again. I am at the hotel's sister property, the Sheraton Jagdhof right now and all I can say is that the location is beautiful!
If you want to know anything just let me know, the same staff works a the Jagdhof hotel as in the Schloss Fuschl hotel. I will be here till monday.

Last edited by thomas199023; Dec 25, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.