Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Alternate: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:35 am

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 2, 2003, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
I am currently back here again for the fourth time this year at the Marriott Sydney Harbor, looking out the window at the opera house and bridge.

As a Gold, I was upgraded to a very large suite. I did not have to ask, the desk clerk simply mentioned "As a Gold member we truly appreciate your business. I think you will like the room we have assigned you".

The exec lounge is still my favorite around the world with its perfect views.

Also, the taxi drivers seem to know about the place now. Just be sure you tell them "the one on Pitt Street" because there are now two in the city.

[This message has been edited by Platcomike (edited 11-02-2003).]
Old Nov 3, 2003, 1:56 pm

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
This is one of the best Marriotts I have ever seen. I was also upgraded to a suite on a reward stay as a plat. The club has great views, great food, and all the drinks are one the house! This is the only club room I have ever seen that does not charge for beer or mixed drinks....

I am looking forward to staying there again soon!
Old Nov 3, 2003, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CraigS:
This is one of the best Marriotts I have ever seen. I was also upgraded to a suite on a reward stay as a plat. The club has great views, great food, and all the drinks are one the house! This is the only club room I have ever seen that does not charge for beer or mixed drinks....

I am looking forward to staying there again soon!
</font>

Glad I checked in here. I start my vacation in Sydney next week and will be staying at Sydney Harbor Marriott. I'll share my experiences once I have a chance to enjoy the hospitality and I promise to only post in FT BEFORE going to club for the free booze
Old Nov 3, 2003, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
And the "evening canapes" have consisted of (free) fresh oysters, sushi, tandoori chicken, among others. Really a free dinner, but the restaurants in Sydney are too good to miss, so we need to pace ourselves.

The breakfast buffet is also great, with a rotating selection of eggs, ham, sausage in the morning.

Also lots of Texans down here as you can see from myself and CraigS, who I don't know, but I see he is from Houston. Funny coincidence.

[This message has been edited by Platcomike (edited 11-03-2003).]
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Sydney Harbor Marriott-- Best Executive Lounge

Just returned from a 6-night stay at the Sydney Harbor Marriott (formerly Rennaissance). The executive lounge there is super. It is staffed from 6:30 a.m. to around 10 p.m. Great hot breakfast and evening canopes with complimentary alcoholic beverages (for 3 hours) PLUS dessert wines and after dinner drinks at 7:30 when the dessert arfrives at 7:30 p.m. But what really makes this lounge special is the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to make your stay there so pleasant. And the location can't be beat. Great job!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:59 pm

I agree

I have stayed at the Sydney Harbour four times in the last year or so.

Each time I enjoyed it and it seems to be getting better. I stay all over the world, and this is my favorite, with Singapore being a close second.

The view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House takes your breath away.

I agree the staff makes it even better, at all hours of the day.

They are also very discreet, and modest, about upgrades for Plat's. The last time, the desk guy just whispered, "I think you will like your room, sir" (with a smile). It was a corner suite on one of the top floors. I could see the bridge on one side, the opera house on the other. Beautiful room.

Last edited by Platcomike; Jun 15, 2004 at 5:02 pm
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:06 pm

Programs: UAL 1K (1.6 Million Miles), Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
I just returned from 2 night stay there, one on reward points and one paid. They offered me an u/g to a harbour view room $40 more AUS for the paid night.....well worth it, the view was stunninng.

Hotel seemed pretty empty (at least on my floor). Did see a few Japanese Tour groups and some UAL flight attendants, but otherwise not too full (I suppose due to it being winter there.....although it was 25 C on Monday!)

Location of hotel is stellar, close to everything.........
Old Aug 2, 2004, 8:08 pm

Programs: MPO, Asiana Gold, United Premier, PC Platium/Ambassador, Platinum GP..
Question Sydney Harbour Marriott

I am planning to visit Sydney late next month. Booked two nights at Sydney Harbour Marriott. It looks like the hotel used to be "Renaissance". I was wondering about the hotel and overall services after Marriott rebranded the hotel to "Marriott".
Old Aug 3, 2004, 6:49 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
I stayed at the hotel last year (Oct). If you have status (Gold or Plat) then you should have a lovely stay. The lounge is great and not only for the free booze.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
I stayed there last year. It is a great location (far better than the Sydney Marriott). The executive lounge is one of the finest. Staff is very friendly and efficient. It's only a three-minute walk to the Rocks and the Sydney Opera House, and the ferry docks. I will be there again for 8 days later this month.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 2P, Starwood Gold
Sydney Harbour executive level upgrade?

I am planning to book the Marriott Harbour Sydney for a stay next month via priceline. According to biddingfortravel.com, I should be able to book a stay for roughly $75-$125 a night.
Has anyone been successful at paying for an upgrade to the executive club level at check in on a priceline stay? Or any stay for that matter. If so, how much did you pay? I read the club at this property is outstanding!!
Thank you!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:31 pm

I was just there a couple weeks ago on an award stay for three nights, and I selected the option online to upgrade to a "harbour view" room for A$40/night if I recall. They gave me a standard (harbour view) room on the Executive level... but I don't know if that (exec level part) was included in the upgrade charge or given to me as a Platinum. Kind of a wierd thing to charge a Platinum for an upgrade that is obviously available since they're selling it (I booked this just like a week in advance), but that's the price to confirm it I guess & I was willing to pay it.

Never went to the lounge/club though, so can't help you there. Hotel was great, had a very nice stay there.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 8:27 am

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
I stayed there last year on a 7 day award stay- they upgraded me to a suite becuase I was plat. The food in the club is very good- all drinks are free- and top shelf. They have a coffee machine in the club that makes the best coffee I have ever had. The hotel is one of the best I've ever stayed at and in one of the best locations in SYD.

If you don't have any status with Marriott, I would ask them at checkin about how much it would cost to upgrade to the club level.

75 -125 US a night at this hotel is a DEAL! Figuring I paid 100.00 at a very bad FF Inn last night...

Last edited by CraigS; Sep 18, 2004 at 8:30 am
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:20 am

Programs: MPO, Asiana Gold, United Premier, PC Platium/Ambassador, Platinum GP..
Angry Unpleasant stay at Sydney Harbour Marriott

I just completed a two-night stay at this hotel in Sydney. I guess it used to be "Renaissance" but Marriott rebranded the hotel as "Marriott". I heard a good remarks about this hotel prior to actually visit this hotel.
Before this, I stayed two nights at nearby "InterContinental", and boy what a difference!!!

I think that the hotel may have "better" days before it rebranded as "Marriott". The services, attitude of hotels staffs and facilities are way below to that of InterContinental (although the hotel charge similarly).

Even the staffs at executive club lounge was just too "trashy". Wasn't very helpful because they do not know about anything. I was wondering why the hotel put those kinds of "low-level" staffs at executive lounge.

One night, I asked turn down at 5:00 and enjoyed (sort of) pre dinner drink at executive lounge. I came back at around 7:00 to go out for dinner (because the lobby and all-day dining restaurant are always smell like ash tray) expecting my room already turned down. I heard a knock on the door after 8:00 for the turn down. Hmmm..

The other thing that I found out that the hotel does not even provide CNN or BBC although there was "CNN program guide" at my room.

All in all, very unpleasant stay.. and would not stay at the hotel again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.