Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 29, 13, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if so, wasn't there a recently published list of props that were exempted from this policy of providing weekend brekkie so how would this affect them????

Originally Posted by TheMysteryTraveler View Post
The front desk agent said it is a new company wide policy that all Marriott's have their lounge open on the weekend.
Old Sep 29, 13, 11:34 pm

Don't know, just relaying what the front desk agent told me.
Old Sep 30, 13, 12:39 am
Suspended

I don't doubt thats what the FD told you but it flies in the face of published announcements so I'll buy into it once I see it in print....

Originally Posted by TheMysteryTraveler View Post
Don't know, just relaying what the front desk agent told me.
Old Sep 30, 13, 8:29 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
* Peabody / Boston Marriott Peabody / CLOSED Weekends & Holidays; cont'l brekkie in restaurant ($3 upcharge for full buffet); free wireless; $10FB credit; 6/23/13 update

Still currently as of 9/30. I would say that I used my key to get into the lounge and it worked. I took a milk for my daughter. The fridge was basically empty otherwise.

The $10 covers the continental buffet, and the $3 charges is well worth it for the made to order eggs.
Old Sep 30, 13, 8:39 am

Newton Mass Marriott

Lounge closed, coupons for weekend cont breakfast issued at check in from front desk, however got coupons for full breakfast from concierge in conceirge lounge. 9/13
Old Sep 30, 13, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
I don't doubt thats what the FD told you but it flies in the face of published announcements so I'll buy into it once I see it in print....
Eh, it's not the first time a FDC is misinformed. Won't be the last.

Keep the reports coming everyone!

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 13, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Gold; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Anaheim Marriott (9/26/13-9/30/13)
Lounge open daily (including weekends) for breakfast with typical standard offerings. Lounge closes on Friday & Saturday at noon, locked, open Sunday - Thursday. Printers available.
Old Sep 30, 13, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
+1. I honestly hope it stays the way it does. I actually think I prefer the Contl brek in the restaurant over the lounge. The only thing you lose is the mediocre scrambled egg & cold bacon/sausage. You gain more cold choices in the restaurant. That, and I can usually sweet talk my way into the full contl without paying additional. The only thing that would swing my stance would be if they stayed open for Fri nt/Sat nt apps/drinks.
Old Sep 30, 13, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront- update as of 9/22/13- lounge closed on weekends (no access). Coupons given for continental breakfast in the restaurant- can pay a small amount to upgrade to full buffet (cost is higher for Sunday brunch buffet than for Saturday).
Old Oct 2, 13, 8:56 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
The Ren Dusseldorf

Free breakfast for Golds (everyone in the room)
Free minibar
Free internet
Still current.

Greetings - Dirk

Last edited by bdschobel; Oct 2, 13 at 4:03 pm Reason: Moved additional content to hotel thread
Old Oct 2, 13, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Suzhou Renaissance: Little birdie telling me lounge will be renovated during Nov-Dec-Jan time frame and stuffed into the presidential suite.
Old Oct 6, 13, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
* San Francisco / Marriott Marquis / OPEN Mon-Fri 6:30am-10:00pm and Sat-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm. One PC/printer. Open WiFi. 10/07/13 update.

I was told the relocation to the 2nd floor is permanent (good move - loses the view, but much bigger and better flow for guests).
Old Oct 6, 13, 11:45 pm
Suspended

* Bangkok / Sukhumvit 57/ OPEN; free wifi, 2-computers (but one naturally broken), printer (but no paper); 06 Oct 13

Note - currently policy is brekkie only in lounge (since it is actually now opened) so different from previous report when option to have breakfast in restaurant
Old Oct 10, 13, 2:16 am

Irvine Marriott - Lounge open for breakfast only on the weekends.

Hot options include scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and oatmeal.
Old Oct 12, 13, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Baton Rouge (LA) Marriott / Baton Rouge, LA

Lounge closed weekends, not key accessible. 1,000 pts or Coupon for PLT & GLD good for contl brek. Upgrade to full buffet for only $1.50 more

Oct 11-13

Search this Thread
Search Engine: