Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by gardener
As far as I can tell there is no "Marriott Canal Place" - do you suppose this means the Marriott New Orleans at 555 Canal Street? If so, I am staying there in July (for the Sumer national Duplicate Bridge tournament) and can report on their lounge status in weekends.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
* This was off the old list, so my guess is you're right re: which one. Please do report back. Thx.
I last stayed at the New Orleans Marriott (555 Canal Street) from September 2-8, 2009, and about one week before September 2, I got a call from their "elite coordinator" to confirm my benefits, and to ask if I had any special requests. I made a request for the same room that I had on my previous stay (her answer was yes), and to ask about weekend breakfast coupons (her answer was also yes to coupons). I checked in at about 8 PM, and the front desk clerk read me the notes from the elite coordinator, including about providing me weekend breakfast coupons for both Saturday and Sunday. The fdc questioned giving me coupons for two days, and insisted that the normal practice was for only one day. After a brief discussion I just decided to speak with the elite coordinator the next morning, who was upset about her notes not being honored, and that an untrained (as far as elite benefits) fdc would second guess her on her job. The elite coordinator left me the coupon for the second day at the front desk, which I picked up within the hour.
Old May 29, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
the jackson, ms marriott has the lounge closed on weekends, but i asked for a coupon and got one.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:56 am

1) Napa, CA, USA - Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
2) Lounge is Open Sunday 5/30 and Memorial Day 5/31
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed - N/A
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - N/A, free sodas and water at any time
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - unsure
6) date you know the info was valid 5/30/10
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
List updated! Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MR-PP, *wood Gold, Hertz Gold
1) Frankfurt Marriott, Frankfurt Germany
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) As Plat, got breakfast coupons
4) Not sure if key still worked on weekends
5) The exec lounge offers free i-net sinceI logged on in my room, and they told me I should have used it for free on the lounge...told them it was clsd and they compd the charges.
6) Date stayed 5/10
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jsporing
1) Frankfurt Marriott, Frankfurt Germany
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends....
Wow, that's a surprise! I've never seen that lounge closed, and I've stayed there many weekend nights. That's really too bad.

Bruce
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Just recently stayed in the Marriot Winsor/Heathrow and Regents Park, both of which have Lounges. When checking in, I asked about lounge access and being placed on the exec floor, to which they replied that due to complaints no children were allowed in the exec lounge and on the exec floor.

I asked to speak with the manager who confirmed this local policy (which was replicated at the Regents Park Marriott).

Anyway, I then asked them to confirm that since I was not allowed in the exec lounge with my children (aged 13 / 17), that I would be comped breakfast for all, which they did.

BM
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I stayed at the JW Houston this weekend the lounge is closed and you cant get waters out of it. I asked for breakfast coupons and got them the Front Desk Clerk said he made an exception for me, but the PLAT checking in next to me got them too. I think I will depend on the agent at check in.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by burtonmadness
Just recently stayed in the Marriot Winsor/Heathrow and Regents Park, both of which have Lounges. When checking in, I asked about lounge access and being placed on the exec floor, to which they replied that due to complaints no children were allowed in the exec lounge and on the exec floor.

I asked to speak with the manager who confirmed this local policy (which was replicated at the Regents Park Marriott).

Anyway, I then asked them to confirm that since I was not allowed in the exec lounge with my children (aged 13 / 17), that I would be comped breakfast for all, which they did.

BM
* Does that mean then that the lounges were open on the weekend, and it was just the teenagers that kept you out? BTW - I don't think Marriott can exclude someone from exec level floor from kids, can they? Isn't that discrimination or illegal?

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
I stayed at the JW Houston this weekend the lounge is closed and you cant get waters out of it. I asked for breakfast coupons and got them the Front Desk Clerk said he made an exception for me, but the PLAT checking in next to me got them too. I think I will depend on the agent at check in.
* Thanks.

Will update list.

Cheers.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
1) Anchorage/AK/US/Marriott
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) Breakfast coupons are given;
4) Lounge is key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
5) One PC which I assume is fee free. This is a US property with free WiFi for this Plat, so unsure of lounge availability.
6) 6/12/2010
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Updated list.

Cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:03 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
1) Winston-Salem, NC/Winston-Salem Marriott
2) Lounge closed, open on Sunday evening with no service
3) Not given coupons, did not ask
4) Not accessible on weekends with key
5) Don't know
6) 5/30/10

1) Charlotte, NC/Charlotte Marriott Executive Park
2) Closed on weekend but open Sunday evening with service
3) Not given coupons, did not ask
5) Don't know
6) 6/4/10

1) Charlotte, NC/Renaissance Charlotte Southpark
2) Closed on weekend with no service on Sunday evening
3) Don't know, stayed on a Sunday
4) Not sure, but accessible Sunday evening though without service
5) Don't know
6) 6/12/10
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
1) Memphis Marriott
2) Lounge closed
3) Not given coupons, did ask.
5) Don't know
6) 6/19/10
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:52 am

Costa Rica

Marriott San Jose Costa Rica

Lounge OPEN/water and sodas throughout day/free wifi for Plats in room and one terminal in lounge. Beer and wine for purchase. As of 06/10

Los Suenos Resort-no lounge but nice managers reception one afternoon during week for plats(maybe gold, too). No coupons offered. Free wifi for plats and free internet access offered in business center if no personal laptop. As of 06/10
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - updated list!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.