Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old May 23, 2010, 6:11 am

California
Norwalk Marriott: CLOSED; free i-net & printer in lounge (property will strip M brand on 6/10)
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley: CLOSED; free i-net & printer on 17th floor in lounge; no breakfast coupon was offered (update 5/10)
San Francisco Marriott Marquis (located steps from the Moscone Center): CLOSED, free i-net & printer in lounge (update 5/10)

Austria
The Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna: OPEN, free i-net & printer in lounge; option for full breakfast in Restaurant was not offered (update 4/10)

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
... I think it's worth keeping the thread as even from 03/09, some properties switched from open to closed & some that were closed switched to open, so things do change.
[...]
Also, the obligatory disclaimer: This list is as accurate as I can make it, but should not soley be relied on (ie, I don't want to hear reports after a stay that you said at check-in, 'well SkiAdcock said the lounge was open or we get free certs' ), so when in doubt always contact the property directly.
Please mind: On their web-page every property offers a “Guest Rooms in Detail” button. When there, explore their rooms and click on Concierge/Executive Level rooms (if available). While most properties offer information when their lounge is open and what they have to offer, there is no information if they provide additional services for Platinum/Gold members [eg. (full or continental) breakfast in restaurant].

FWIW (as I read some reports about closed lounges at Sunday evening), I assume that you describe – for that purpose - “weekend” as there is no F&B on Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday mornings.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
[

Please mind: On their web-page every property offers a “Guest Rooms in Detail” button. When there, explore their rooms and click on Concierge/Executive Level rooms (if available). While most properties offer information when their lounge is open and what they have to offer, there is no information if they provide additional services for Platinum/Gold members [eg. (full or continental) breakfast in restaurant].

FWIW (as I read some reports about closed lounges at Sunday evening), I assume that you describe – for that purpose - “weekend” as there is no F&B on Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday mornings.
Yes, I realize that re: the guest room details. On some of the hotels where I've contacted them directly, I use that as a starting point & then ask if they do anything for golds/plats. Of course there are a lot of Marriotts in the US so I'm not calling them all.

Am relying on folk to post in this thread re: their experiences w/ dometic & int'l properties. Hopefully people will check the list to see if a property is listed, whether the info is accurate & provide an update if it's not, or list a property that isn't on the list.

The list in the first post is based on a list that was last updated about 15 months ago (or even longer), so some of the information is outdated. As I get reports of recent stays, I update the first post w/ the info & date of the update.

Re: weekends, yes your assumption is correct.

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Montgomery AL Renaissance

I just checked out of the Montgomery Renaissance hotel on 5/21/10. They do give coupons for Platinum members on the weekend. The concierge in the lounge made me aware of it she thought I was a Platinum after me being there for three weeks straight (Need 10 days ^ almost there).

Everything else on the entry is the same.

My third post all on the same thread ^

Ron
Old May 25, 2010, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rondelltg
I just checked out of the Montgomery Renaissance hotel on 5/21/10. They do give coupons for Platinum members on the weekend. The concierge in the lounge made me aware of it she thought I was a Platinum after me being there for three weeks straight (Need 10 days ^ almost there).

Everything else on the entry is the same.

My third post all on the same thread ^

Ron
Thanks! And that's why I'm depending on FTers to update from personal experience. I actually called all the AL properties & the one you mentioned said they didn't give coupons.

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks! And that's why I'm depending on FTers to update from personal experience. I actually called all the AL properties & the one you mentioned said they didn't give coupons.

Cheers.
You're welcome,

I wasn't the only one she was giving that information. Maybe it is something new and they were making everyone aware.

I know this is off subject but they have a full hot breakfast in the lounge and they started the free free internet early.

Ron
Old May 26, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I stay in the MGM Renaissance all the time (I am in the hotel now as a matter of fact, checking out today), and they are very inconsistent on the breakfast coupons. There have been times they have been given to me cheerfully, and other times they have said "we don't do that anymore," so it is a bit weird. The same was true about early free Internet, sometimes the charges were removed cheerfully, and one other time there was a short argument and "It's Marriott policy not to waive Internet charges before the new policy starts. It can sometimes be Jeckyll and Hyde in Montgomery!
Old May 26, 2010, 11:50 am

MGM Renaissance

Thanks for letting us know. I was going to look for them the next time I go there. Now I know to be prepard for a "Sorry no Sir" response if I asked.
Old May 26, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Give them a reason to give you coupons or comp your breakfast if you need to. I know that sounds bad, but it is their fault for being inconsistent in a few areas. As an example, every time that I stay here there is a problem with my television not turning on at least once. When that happens they have to send up a maintenance tech. Their televisions run off a server that also runs the Internet, and at least once per day they are reset by the server, the problem is that the reset does not always complete and they need to come to the room, unplug the television and reset it manually. Also, they just installed automatic light sensors, which do not yet work consistently. They are supposed to stay off until you walk in through the front door, and then be automatically triggered, in order to save energy. So, if your television does not work properly, and your lights do not work properly, you have a good thing to trade with. Overall, this is a gorgeous hotel, but it has its oddities to be sure. Also, by the way, this is not Marriott managed. Bottom line on breakfast coupons at the MGM Renaissance, SOMETIMES!
Old May 27, 2010, 11:09 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Ren LHR.

As per your entry, it is closed, doorkey entry to get free non-alcoholic drinks. Also, free breakfast coupons...
Old May 27, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Louisiana

New Orleans / JW Marriott / CLOSED (COUPONS)
New Orleans / Marriott Canal Place / CLOSED (COUPONS)
New Orleans / Marriott Pere Marquette / CLOSED (COUPONS)
New Orleans / Renaissance Arts / CLOSED (BREAKFAST)
As far as I can tell there is no "Marriott Canal Place" - do you suppose this means the Marriott New Orleans at 555 Canal Street? If so, I am staying there in July (for the Sumer national Duplicate Bridge tournament) and can report on their lounge status in weekends.
Old May 27, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Renaissance Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Open on weekends (however may have to order apps from a menu if occupancy is low, and will be sent to the buffet downstairs for breakfast if low occupancy as well - this applies to weekdays as well).

Wifi and 2 workstations available.

Info dated May 2010
Old May 27, 2010, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Ren LHR.

As per your entry, it is closed, doorkey entry to get free non-alcoholic drinks. Also, free breakfast coupons...
* Thanks for the confirmation. Will update it w/ 5/10 date.

Originally Posted by gardener
As far as I can tell there is no "Marriott Canal Place" - do you suppose this means the Marriott New Orleans at 555 Canal Street? If so, I am staying there in July (for the Sumer national Duplicate Bridge tournament) and can report on their lounge status in weekends.
* This was off the old list, so my guess is you're right re: which one. Please do report back. Thx.

Originally Posted by Tiojelly
Renaissance Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Open on weekends (however may have to order apps from a menu if occupancy is low, and will be sent to the buffet downstairs for breakfast if low occupancy as well - this applies to weekdays as well).

Wifi and 2 workstations available.

Info dated May 2010
* Thanks - will update the list.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Confirming info on Albuquerque Marriott: Lounge closed on weekends but breakfast coupons given on request. As of May 27.

Bruce
Old May 28, 2010, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Confirming info on Albuquerque Marriott: Lounge closed on weekends but breakfast coupons given on request. As of May 27.

Bruce
Thanks! And too bad didn't know you were there. Have an FTer who's on a 5-week assignment in Albuquerque & I'm sure he would have been delighted to meet up w/ a fellow FTer. He's got 2 more weeks to go.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Update on Fullerton Marriott at CSU (as of 5/24/10):

Yes, they give a paper coupon if you are an elite member for free breakfast on weekends. The lounge has a computer with a inkjet printer, but you need to have the elite code for free internet in order to go online with the computer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.