FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

tbm13 Oct 6, 2012 4:54 am

Marriott Marble Arch (London, UK)

One addition regarding the Marriott Marble Arch in London:

As Gold and Platinum, you can choose to have breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant. The restaurant has by far the better selection but the lounge is probably better if you're in a hurry.

danola Oct 7, 2012 2:03 pm

Bohemian Hotel Savannah Rivefront

If there are no last minute updates, I plan a 10-13 visit and will report the bennies Plats receive. It appears they don't have a Concierge Lounge.

danola Oct 7, 2012 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by VA Maddog (Post 19432244)
Lounge closed on the weekend. No coupons for anything even for Plats.

Lounge is nice with a great view of the harbor from the 24th floor of the south tower, but it is small and crowded during breakfast with limited walking space around the seating.

Bar drinks are expensive, about the same as at the hotel bars. Breakfast selection was nice with several hot dishes, no rotation for breakfast, I saw the same choices for seven days with the exception of some different bakery choices from day to day.

Evening light meal and desserts did rotate. Staff was friendly and attentive.

But they give you a coupon good for two desserts at any of their restaurants and bars (got them twice). If you did not get it, the front desk did not do their job. I agree with the lack of space in the lounge.

arturob Oct 7, 2012 6:55 pm

JW Marriott Miami CL is open 24/7. We visited this weekend and was surprised; it was great to see the lounge open on weekends, especially for breakfast! :)

AB

SkiAdcock Oct 8, 2012 10:57 am

Hi folks. Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming!

Just a general reminder that this thread is for status reports whether lounges are open/closed, key accessible, brekkie coupons, free i-net terminals or wifi only.

Detailed descriptions re: offerings, staff, lounge size, etc, should go in the property threads, as the descriptions will be more helpful in those threads than in this thread since most (unless they're providing an update) check post #1 the most in this thread & might not see the descriptions several pages on.

Again, thanks for providing updates. It's much appreciated!

Cheers.

bk3day Oct 8, 2012 9:46 pm

Oakland CA - Marriott City Center

1) City/State/Country/Property Name

Oakland / CA / USA / Oakland CA - Marriott City Center

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;

CLOSED

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;

Coupon (for Buffet) offered only after request

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;

Didn't check

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless

Unknown.

6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10)

10/12

bk3day Oct 8, 2012 9:54 pm

SFO Airport Marriott

1) City/State/Country/Property Name

Burlingame/ CA / USA / SFO - Marriott

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;

CLOSED

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;

Coupon (for Buffet) offered.

However, waitress commented that she thought the free coupons may be going away soon. :confused: She had no concrete details & we had no opportunity to follow up with front desk.

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;

Didn't check

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless

Unknown.

6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10)

10/12

iztok Oct 11, 2012 9:31 am

NY City / Algonquin Hotel, Autograph Collection

Welcome drink discontinued. Breakfast coupon still in place of the brekkie lounge.

carsnoceans Oct 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Marriott City Center, Charlotte - CL Hours

They try to keep "appetizers" (which are as good as dinner) till late on Sunday nite for late arrivals. Nice guys too.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1y3hwo.jpg

iztok Oct 12, 2012 5:37 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans (Post 19479444)
Marriott City Center, Charlotte - CL Hours

They try to keep "appetizers" (which are as good as dinner) till late on Sunday nite for late arrivals. Nice guys too.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1y3hwo.jpg

Pretty standard hours. Nothing extra. Most that have CL open Sunday evening.

Southdown13 Oct 13, 2012 9:54 pm

1) Burbank, CA, Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends
3) Didn’t stay the weekend, but FD person said they no longer give coupons
4) Unknown if lounge is accessible for soda/water
5) 2 i-net terminals, one printer, wifi unknown
6) Valid 10/12/12

ncgator Oct 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Nashville Downtown Renaissance
CL open on Friday until noon, but nothing there except soda, ater when we arrrived at 11am.

no breakfast certs given when specifically asked. only benefit was 25% off food at all restaurants which is standard anyway I think

LedgeT Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

UPDATE on The Battle House Renaissance, Mobile, Alabama

1) The Battle House Renaissance, Mobile, Alabama
2) CLOSED on weekends. This is a change from my prior trip report. I inquired as to the change and the desk said that staffing issues prevented them from keeping it open.
3) no coupons offered (didn't ask; MR Gold)
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - did not try.
5) Unknown.
6) mid-October, 2012.

aaupgrade Oct 15, 2012 10:16 pm

1) Jordan Valley Marriott, Sweimeh, Jordan
2) Resort, no Lounge, breakfast for Gold and Plat, also received nice fruit plate in addition to 500 points selected at check-in
3) N/A
4) N/A
5) N/A - wireless in rooms and throughout hotel - free for Plat and Gold
6) 10/15/2012

1) Petra Marriott, Patra, Jordan
2) No Lounge, breakfast for Plat and Gold
3) N/A
4) N/A
5) N/A - wireless in rooms and throughout hotel - free for Plat and Gold
6) 10/16/2012

Rondelltg Oct 16, 2012 1:40 pm

NO Breakfast Coupons

:mad: Quincy / Boston Marriott Quincy / CLOSED; NO MORE COUPONS ; i-net terminal; 10/14/12 update