Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 8, 12, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Renaissance Las Vegas

I see there hasn't been an update in 2 years...I was just there for over a week.

1) Las Vegas, Nevada, USA/Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel;

2) Lounge is CLOSED after Friday breakfast ends (10 AM) until Sunday at 5:30 PM. Lounge is open during the week from 6 am until the end of dessert but you won't find more than coffee, tea and water coolers when it is not attended.

3) No breakfast coupons on weekends when lounge is closed.

4) Lounge not accessible on weekends (after 10 am(ish) Friday until 5:30 PM Sunday) or overnights. Bottled water policy was changed while I was there. They no longer offer bottled water in the lounge and have opted for 3 water coolers, two flavored, in the lounge. You can still ask your housekeeper during the day or during turndown service for as much bottled water as you wish (they will leave at least 2 bottles per day, regardless). Front desk said it is always free for Club Floor and Platinum guests. Glass bottled soft drinks still available in the lounge but only during breakfast and evening.

5) Club lounge offers free internet and terminal. Turn to the left after entering the club lounge door.

6) 8/29/12 to 9/5/12

Breakfast - 2 hot offerings that rotate, breads/pastries, cereals, hot oatmeal, fruits (fresh mixed fruits each morning plus policy is you must ask for bananas, they are in the back), yogurt, every weekday morning from 6 to 10 AM.

Evening - 1 hot item per day (during my stay included spaghetti & meatballs, mini enchiladas, egg rolls...), assortment of cheeses and meats, crackers veggie tray. This is now served from 5:30-7:30 PM (their website and in-room still shows 5 PM but this is not correct).

Dessert - 1 item served from 8 to 9 PM. Cheesecake, brownies and the pasteries from earlier in the morning were some of the items served during my week long stay.
Old Sep 9, 12, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Sharon,

I am a MR Gold and actually stayed at the Opelika/Auburn, Alabama Marriott in May 2012. They do give breakfast coupons for the hotel restaurant to Golds, at least on weekdays.
Old Sep 10, 12, 7:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Arlington, VA:
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel/CLOSED/ Breakfast Coupons for Golds & Plats, 9/10/12 update
Old Sep 10, 12, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Stayed at Baltimore / Renaissance Harborplace this past weekend (9/7 - 9/9). Lounge was open for breakfast. Good selection, space, and service.
Old Sep 10, 12, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Marriott Key Bridge - Arlington VA

1) Arlington, VA - Marriott Key Bridge
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) Asked about breakfast coupons and was told "the restaurant has a list of Gold & Plat guests & get free breakfast"

Can't confirm how that worked or what was provided as I ate breakfast elsewhere.

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water: Didn't check
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless: Didn't check
6) date you know the info was valid: 9/7/12
Old Sep 10, 12, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Washington DC Marriott (1221 22nd Street NW)

1) Washington, DC - Marriott (1221 22nd Street NW)
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) Asked about breakfast coupons and was told "NO".
Then in the course of chatting up the front desk staffer, she did an about face & said since I was there only one night, she'd make an exception & gave me a coupon.

Another Plat checking in at the same time with another staffer was also told "NO" & walked away empty handed.

At the restaurant, the hostess said the coupon was good for the Continental buffet ("the stuff on the right side").

The waiter repeated the Continental limitation but then said he wouldn't care if some bacon happened to find its way on our plates.

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water: Locked up tight

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless: Don't know - lounge was locked

6) date you know the info was valid: 9/9/12
Old Sep 11, 12, 12:56 pm
iwc

New York
Pittsford / Renaissance Del Monte / NO LOUNGE (COUPONS)

Coupon provided to Platinum Member only (not guest)
Old Sep 13, 12, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Houston/Texas/Hotel Icon

Now has a breakfast buffet for which the coupons are valid. Coupons only available Mon - Fri - not issued for weekends - update Sep 13 2012

London / UK / Ren St Pancras

For Plats, full breakfast available in restaurant as alternative to lounge. update 11 Sept 2012
Old Sep 14, 12, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
List updated. Keep them coming. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 12, 5:04 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Zurich / Renaissance Tower

09/09/12: open on Saturday/Sunday, but no food offerings in the evening (other than nuts...). Somewhat surprising - they offer great yummy selection on Friday.
Old Sep 16, 12, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Gold; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
1) City/State/Country/Property Name: Springfield MA
2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends; Closed
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed; only after inquiry - good for "good start" buffet. Credit of $12.79 against higher priced full buffet or off menu.
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water; lounge is locked
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless; unknown
6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10); 9/16/12

Last edited by jalves; Sep 17, 12 at 11:58 am
Old Sep 17, 12, 11:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
Kansas City - The Raphael Hotel - Autograph Collection

I just completed a wonderful stay at The Raphael Hotel in Kansas City, MO.

1) Kansas City, Missouri - The Raphael Hotel
2) No Lounge
3) Breakfast coupon given - Pick one breakfast item from menu at The Chaz restaurant or from in-room dining menu. One coffee or juice is included. Gratuity is included with coupon. Very nice selection for breakfast.

Valid as of 9/16/12
Old Sep 17, 12, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Also, I ended up looking at 26property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in:

* Georgia

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

Georgia was chosen by something in a property thread that led me to check one property & then I thought what the heck, check the others; no rhyme or reason other than that.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised that some properties offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but some do.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

PS - I created a separate thread in the main Marriott forum asking for updates on China properies. We only had 24 listed (out of 47 properties) & some were outdated, so hopefully we'll get some updates on the China properties.

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 12, 2:44 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Update: Hong Kong Skycity Marriott; OPEN; ALSO offering free Breakfast Buffet in the restaurant instead of lounge for the month of September to celebrate the hotel's 3rd anniversary. Restaurant buffet offers more choices than lounge. Buffet but both are still quite good. Offer is apparently for Golds & Plats and for guest rooms with lounge access.
Old Sep 21, 12, 7:50 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Charlotte / Renaissance Southpark / CLOSED; if you ask nicely, you might get breakfast coupons; 2/12 update

Today I asked nicely as it would make the difference where I stay and they said "no".

I guess this was more of a one time deal than regular practice. So I would move this one to "no coupons". 9/21/2012 update.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: