Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Istanbul /Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel now scheduled to open on 17 August (but I have SERIOUS doubts..............)

has Exec Lounge per website ..............
Guest staying in our executive rooms and suites can benefit from complimentary Club Lounge access; and
room features Executive lounge access
Once it's confirmed open I'll add it to the list. Same with other properties.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
7/31/12

Austin / Marriott South / CLOSED; Coupons given only when asked; key accessible; i-net terminal in lounge; wireless throughout building
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Sharon

The disclaimer of opening in Aug from Marriott.com is now gone and the prop is now selling rooms from 06 Aug (previously 17 Aug) so I guess it will open on the 6th..............

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Once it's confirmed open I'll add it to the list. Same with other properties.

Cheers.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
* Burlington / Marriott Boston-Burlington / CLOSED; Coupons upon request for Gold/Plat members for 'healthy start breakfast', but restaurant said ok to use for hot buffet or entree+drinks; i-net terminals; 06/19/12 update
Note that this info is correct as of 07/15/12; also add lounge is key accessible.

Regarding the breakfast coupons, while they said 'healthy start breakfast', I was specifically told, by both the FDC and the waitress at the restaurant, that they were good for the buffet (she also asked how many we were in the room when she gave them to me, so not just for gold/plat member, but all room occupants).
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:29 pm
iwc

Renaissance Seattle provides coupon for 25% off weekend Breakfast Buffet for two, they no longer provide free breakfast coupons on weekends, lounge available on weekends for waters, sodas and computer access only.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

List updated w/ FT reports.

Also, I ended up looking at property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in the following states...

* Missouri
* Mississippi
* Nebraska
* New Mexico
* Minnesota
* Rhode Island

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

States were chosen by something in a property thread that led me to check one property & then I thought what the heck, check the others; no rhyme or reason other than that.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised by how many properties, even though the lounges were closed, offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but more than I thought when I first started checking this aft.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Reconfirming
* Shanghai / JW Marriott, Tomorrow Square / OPEN; free wifi & i-net terminals; Plats get breakfast in lounge or restaurant; 10/11 update

as of 8/12... also the lounge has a nice afternoon tea service with mini-sandwiches. If you time things right, you can take all three meals here
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
"Munich / Marriott / "Executive Lounge": the lobby-bar doubles as such with a seperate food- and drink area for Gold- and Platinum Elites only. Limited hours 6pm to 8pm snacks, 6pm to 10pm drinks, no breakfast in "lounge". Full breakfast in restaurant daily for Gold/Plat; free usage of biz center; 8/10/11 update"

This is still the case as of 8/5/2012. Gold/Plat receive a printed piece of paper with name/room/check-out date to get the afternoon foods. It does say 1 drink but nobody counted or said anything (obviously not overdoing would be the key). Snacks included appetizer options and desert options as well as hot dish of some sort (meat + side dish). Breakfast you get the full (26 EUR option) access for all in your room which is quite a deal since breakfast option is awesome. Plus they have great kids corner where kids can play and have bibs for babies too! (I'll write a report when I recover from the trip.)
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:54 pm

Charlotte Renaissance Suites
Lounge closed
Gold/Plat get coupons for full breakfast buffet
Key accessible
Did not see any internet terminals
Valid as of 8/5/12

A belated thanks to Sharon for the mass updating you have done recently. All your efforts are very much appreciated!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:05 pm

Marriott Kingsgate U. of Cincinnati
Lounge closed - no lounge on premises
Gold/Plat get coupons for full breakfast buffet - did not even ask.
parking was comped as well after asking about it.
Key accessible
Valid as of yesterday

A belated thanks to Sharon for the mass updating you have done recently. All your efforts are very much appreciated!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

List updated w/ FT reports.

Also, I ended up looking at property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in the following states...

* Oklahoma
* Oregon
* Utah

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

States were chosen by something in a property thread that led me to check one property & then I thought what the heck, check the others; no rhyme or reason other than that.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised by how many properties, even though the lounges were closed, offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but more than I thought when I first started checking this aft.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

Cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Updated:

* Ohio

Plus, I discovered when looking to update the Cincinnati property that libuser mentioned it wasn't listed under my regular search, but it popped up when I looked specifically at Cincy.

I couldn't figure out why the discrepency, but when I looked at what I was searching for when I've been doing the telephone updates I did a search on JW, Autograph Collection, Marriott & Rens. But it turns out there's a conference center category as well & when I clicked on that, it brought up the property libuser mentioned. Since that propery also has Marriott in the name I'm not sure why it didn't come up the first time, but in future I'll add conference centers to the search parameters.

Cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Updated:

* Washington State
* West Virginia
* Wisconsin

I should note something here, and I'll update post # 1 to reflect it. When I update properties, I list them by the city order which is the way Marriott lists the properties on the website. So a property might have a major city in its name but is actually located in one of the suburbs of that city, so it will get listed by the suburb name. So, for example, Cleveland Marriott East is located in Williamsburg Heights so it will get listed away from the other Cleveland properties that are in Cleveland proper. I figured it was just easier to follow Marriott's listings.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
"Sweden

* Malmo / Renaissance / Full breakfast everyday (no coupon required but double-check your bill at check-out); 1 drink&snack chit/night (show coupon each night in bar)"

Stayed here last week and they are no longer giving out the drink/snack chits. Still got breakfast (very nice one) every day and the turn down service provided water and fruit each night.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Sharon, I can confirm that the REN Orlando Sea World is still offering 500 points as comp for no lounge as of this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.