Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Many thanks to sammyindc!!

Many thanks to sammyindc for helping update the exec lounge list!

He had some extra time this weekend & was kind enough to check the websites/call the properties in the following states, following what I did w/ the 9 states last weekend...

* Alabama
* Arizona
* Louisiana
* Maryland

...to update the sticky re: the full-service properties, whether their lounge was open or closed on the weekend, and if they provided breakfast coupons if closed.

I told him not to ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & checking websites/calling a lot of properties/takes up a lot of time.

So we still need recent reports/updates on that aspect, if FTers stay at any of the properties.

If there was a recent report by an FTer (April '12 onwards) he didn't call the property, but if there wasn't he did.

He also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky on a particular property, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised last week by how many properties, even though the lounges were closed, offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but more than I thought when I first started checking.

I (and sammy) are definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

But many thanks to sammy for updating 4 states' worth of full-service properties.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
4 more updates

This one is new to me so I asked and the buffet is also given on the weekends. I didn't ask about the $10. I chose the buffet.

Cali/Santa Ynez / Marriott / NO LOUNGE; Free Daily buffet breakfast or $10 off breakfast menus on weekends; 7/18/12 update

Just an update

Texas/San Antonio / Marriott Riverwalk/1 I-net w/printer/ CLOSED; 7/15/12 update

My Favorite Just an update.

South Korea/Seoul / Courtyard Seoul Times Square / OPEN; room number is good for full breakfast in restaurant or lounge; i-net terminals & wireless; 06/29/12 update

Another Fav I'll be here for 24 days starting the 29th

Mass/Quincy / Marriott / CLOSED; COUPONS (for 2 brekkies); i-net terminal; 04/12 update
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
limited to gold/plats or for all guests?

Originally Posted by Rondelltg
South Korea/Seoul / Courtyard Seoul Times Square / OPEN; room number is good for full breakfast in restaurant or lounge; i-net terminals & wireless; 06/29/12 update
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:39 pm

Well that is kind of hard to say because I've never questioned their policy. I am always told of "My Platinum Benefits" but I have checked in with coworkers that were not at any level before they alowed the downstairs B-Fast and they had lounge access. Since they started offering the full breakfast, I have only checked in with other Platinum members.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:49 pm

Missed Updated as 4/12?

Hello Sharon,

I don't know if you were the one to update my post but the below hotel was mistakenly updated as 4/12 instead of 7/18/12.

Thanks,

Ron

This one is new to me so I asked and the buffet is also given on the weekends. I didn't ask about the $10. I chose the buffet.

Cali/Santa Ynez / Marriott / NO LOUNGE; Free Daily buffet breakfast or $10 off breakfast menus on weekends; 7/18/12 update
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:10 am

Rennaissance Bay Harbor Michigan

I can confirm that Gold/Plat are offered complimentary buffet breakfast daily. We stayed on a points reservation. The front desk made no mention and we only discovered this after deciding to dine in the hotel for breakfast and the server informed us. You give your room number and when presented with your bill your balance for up to two adults will be zero. Children (not sure up to what age) also eat free of charge. Nice bonus as there was an omlette station and robust waffle maker offering as well.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rondelltg
Hello Sharon,

I don't know if you were the one to update my post but the below hotel was mistakenly updated as 4/12 instead of 7/18/12.

Thanks,

Ron

* There was a 'blip' when I was doing the save after making changes. I knew it didn't update to 07/18 even though I made the change, but the phone rang & I forgot to go back & do another update.

Originally Posted by sparty56
I can confirm that Gold/Plat are offered complimentary buffet breakfast daily. We stayed on a points reservation. The front desk made no mention and we only discovered this after deciding to dine in the hotel for breakfast and the server informed us. You give your room number and when presented with your bill your balance for up to two adults will be zero. Children (not sure up to what age) also eat free of charge. Nice bonus as there was an omlette station and robust waffle maker offering as well.
* Thanks for the confirmation. When I talked to the property, the gal went back/forth on whether breakfast was offered or not.

List updated - keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
When I talked to the property, the gal went back/forth on whether breakfast was offered or not.
I've noticed that a few times when calling certain properties the front desk person answering the phone is either not sure, has no clue what I'm talking about, or is wrong/inaccurate as to what is listed on the website or what I have been told by someone else on the property or staying there.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Massive update of international properties...

I was checking on one, and one thing led to another...

I updated the following countries:

* Armenia
* Australia
* Austria
* Brazil
* Canada
* Chile
* Columbia
* Costa Rica
* Czech Republic
* Denmark
* Equador
* Egypt
* Georgia
* Hondouras
* India
* Indonesia
* Israel
* Italy
* Japan
* Malaysia
* Mexico
* Panama
* Peru
* Phillipines
* Poland
* Portugal
* Romania
* Russia
* Saudia Arabia
* Singapore
* South Korea
* Switzerland
* Thailand
* Turkey
* United Arab Emirates
* Vietnam

Besides updating previous reports by FTers, I added properties that were listed on the Marriott website but no reports yet by FTers.

If a FTer had mentioned free wifi, i-net or something else in a prior report, I went under the assumption that part was still true.

My search criteria on the Marriott website was JW/Ren/Marriott/Autograph Collection. I know in some countries Courtyards & Autograph Collections go above & beyond, but I'm relying on FTers to provide those updates as it's not easy to determine from the website.

I added the following countries:

* Algeria
* Azerbaijan
* Dominican Republic
* Kazakhstan
* Kuwait
* Pakistan
* Qatar
* Venezuala

Certain countries I didn't update because we had very recent reports & I went under the assumption not much had changed in the last month or so.

And I skipped a few countries (China, UK, Germany, etc) for 2 reasons - we've had a lot of reports on those countries' properties & it took me hours to get through the countries I did update, & some of the countries have a lot of properties & it would take even more time to update those. So saving them for a rainy day.

BTW - I got zippo real work done this aft, so guess I'll be doing some make-up on the weekend for real life

Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I was checking on one, and one thing led to another...

I updated the following countries:

* Armenia
* Australia
* Austria
* Brazil
* Canada
* Chile
* Columbia
* Costa Rica
* Czech Republic
* Denmark
* Equador
* Egypt
* Georgia
* Hondouras
* India
* Indonesia
* Israel
* Italy
* Japan
* Malaysia
* Mexico
* Panama
* Peru
* Phillipines
* Poland
* Portugal
* Romania
* Russia
* Saudia Arabia
* Singapore
* South Korea
* Switzerland
* Thailand
* Turkey
* United Arab Emirates
* Vietnam

Besides updating previous reports by FTers, I added properties that were listed on the Marriott website but no reports yet by FTers.

If a FTer had mentioned free wifi, i-net or something else in a prior report, I went under the assumption that part was still true.

My search criteria on the Marriott website was JW/Ren/Marriott/Autograph Collection. I know in some countries Courtyards & Autograph Collections go above & beyond, but I'm relying on FTers to provide those updates as it's not easy to determine from the website.

I added the following countries:

* Algeria
* Azerbaijan
* Dominican Republic
* Kazakhstan
* Kuwait
* Pakistan
* Qatar
* Venezuala

Certain countries I didn't update because we had very recent reports & I went under the assumption not much had changed in the last month or so.

And I skipped a few countries (China, UK, Germany, etc) for 2 reasons - we've had a lot of reports on those countries' properties & it took me hours to get through the countries I did update, & some of the countries have a lot of properties & it would take even more time to update those. So saving them for a rainy day.

BTW - I got zippo real work done this aft, so guess I'll be doing some make-up on the weekend for real life

Cheers.
Wow ... thanks for all the extra work you put into this! I'm sure everyone on here truly appreciate it!!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Truly incredible! Thanks!!!

Bruce
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Stamford ct Marriott and spa

Closed on weekends
Forgot to ask about brekkie coupons
Not assessible after hours with key card
Wifi and internet terminals
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by adpal
Marriott Sable Oaks, South Portland
lounge closed
Coupons for full buffet upon request
First glass of wine/beer complimentary in lounge
Key accessible
do not know about Internet
6/30/2012
Just a little updated for today (7/28/12)
One coupon given (good for two people) and you definitely have to ask since it was not offered even after hinting around about the lounge being open at b/f. I finally had to ask, do you give b/f coupons to Gold/Plats.; since I needed for myself and two kids, I asked was denied a 2nd coupon for the 3rd but there are work arounds which I will address by PM if needed and I know you

FDC told me its good for $12 per person (up to a $24 value/credit) in the restaurant. However the restaurant said that they accepted the coupons for the full BF buffet. Since my total bill was less than the value of the coupons I don't know which of the values is what they hold you too

Adult Buffet $15; kids $5.95 each

Lounge: key accessible but the fridge is not stocked in the lounge on the weekend, there is a computer at the attendants desk that people can use. At least I saw guests using it yesterday.

I did not test them on wi fi (but people were using laptops in the lounge) or on the free drink

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Jul 28, 2012 at 10:44 am
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Istanbul /Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel now scheduled to open on 17 August (but I have SERIOUS doubts..............)

has Exec Lounge per website ..............
Guest staying in our executive rooms and suites can benefit from complimentary Club Lounge access; and
room features Executive lounge access
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Teamstone
Stamford ct Marriott and spa

Closed on weekends
Forgot to ask about brekkie coupons
Not assessible after hours with key card
Wifi and internet terminals
I have asked them by phone and they do not provide breakfast coupons when the lounge is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.