Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
List updated. Keep them coming!

Cheers.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Update on Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks 7/12:

They still give platinum members free breakfast on weekends when the lounge is closed. You must get a paper coupon from the front desk. They have orange color coupons for those with breakfast included in room rates, and platinum members get blue color coupons.

The layout of the concierge lounge has changed a bit. There are no more ethernet cords in the lounge. All internet is wi-fi only. They have a free business center on the first floor available to all guests for printing & internet use. There is one computer for use in the lounge, but it is often locked.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:19 pm

Concierge lounge?

Hey guys I am a new member to Marriott; Staying at the Marriott downtown Victoria BC (YYJ) and they have a very nice concierge lounge that has a free buffet breakfest and free snacks/cocktails and desert.

Is this standard in the Marriott chain? If not how can I figure out which hotels has these sort of lounges and which don't? I am thinking a reward stay

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hearna
Hey guys I am a new member to Marriott; Staying at the Marriott downtown Victoria BC (YYJ) and they have a very nice concierge lounge that has a free buffet breakfest and free snacks/cocktails and desert.

Is this standard in the Marriott chain? If not how can I figure out which hotels has these sort of lounges and which don't? I am thinking a reward stay

Thanks
Might this be a good place to start? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by hearna

Thanks
Here's a little help for you:

http://bit.ly/Nsvd52
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
In general NON-RESORT Marriotts, JW Marriotts, and Renaissance properties have lounges. Most lounges in the North America properties are close on weekends but a very few make exceptions to those rules. Most lounges outside of North America are open 7 days a week and Asian properties have some of the best lounges IMO.

With rare exceptions there will not be a lounge nor will you get breakfast as an elite benefit at RESORT properties. There are a few exceptions, all of which seem to be in Thailand TTBOMK.

Check the sticky at the link provided by RogerD408 in the post above for info about specific properties.

Marriott Rewards T&C
outline the above paraphrased rules in detail. I would suggest if you are new to Marriott to check them out as your life will be much less frustrating from the unknown down the road.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jul 19, 2012 at 2:46 pm Reason: Corrected mistake
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Fort Collins Marriott

1) Fort Collins Marriott (Ft. Collins, Colorado)
2) Closed.
3) Coupons for Platinum, not for Gold.
4) No, it's locked.
5) Wifi, and one i-net terminal with printer.
6) June 2012
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
The Shelbourne Renaissance - Dublin - Ireland

No lounge

Breakfast in the Saddle Room Daily including weekends for Platinum and Gold members

Stayed 13/14 July 2012
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:41 am

Sharon,

Please change Vail Marriott Resort and Spa to Vail Marriott Resort. They do have a spa, but Marriott took away their spa designation last year as it did not meet their muster.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I changed the Vail property title. Can you confirm that no coupons is still the norm? Last update is yours from '10 I think. I also updated the other recent property reports.

Also, I ended up looking at property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in the following states...

* Alaska
* Colorado
* Connecticut
* Illinois
* Indiana
* Iowa
* Kansas
* Kentucky
* Michigan

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

States were chosen by something in a property thread that led me to check one property & then I thought what the heck, check the others; no rhyme or reason other than that.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised by how many properties, even though the lounges were closed, offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but more than I thought when I first started checking this aft.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 15, 2012 at 2:39 pm
Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I changed the Vail property title. Can you confirm that no coupons is still the norm?
No coupons, no lounge, no breakfast at Vail Marriott Resort for Elite.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
1) Guam Marriott Resort
2) Open
3) N/A
4) Hours are 6am-Midnight, but key worked at 12:30am to get in for water.
5) Wifi, and one i-net terminal with printer.
6) July 2012

Other comments:
Free internet for all MR members
Lounge happy hour w/ free cocktails 6pm-7:30pm
Complimentary airport shuttle for Plat (and maybe gold)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
7/18/2012

Utah
Salt Lake City / Marriott University Park /
Closed on weekends
COUPONS provided
No Keycard access after hours
Internet terminal in lounge
Free WiFi
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:24 am

Sharon,

Please update #1 with info on Barcelona Renaissance as noted in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...lomatic-2.html

1) Barcelona Renaissance
2) No lounge
3) Breakfast for G/P/PP
4) N/A
5) In room internet for G/P/PP
6) June 27, 2012
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
1) Cleveland Renaissance Downtown
2) Closed on weekends
3) Breakfast Buffet
4) NA
5) NA
6) July 20,2012

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.