Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 4, 12, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
Marriott Rive Gauche Paris

As of this summer, it might be seasonal, but the executive lounge is open everyday for snacks and beverages and contains internet terminals for use. On the weekends, guests that would otherwise have breakfast provided in the lounge are invited to breakfast at the restaurant buffet (this would be Gold, Platinum, and the rooms that include the lounge as part of the rate). However, for the upcoming weekend and maybe others, they are serving the breakfast in the lounge this weekend. Must be due to occupancy levels. Signs in the lounge will indicate where weekend lounge users can have their complementary breakfast no matter what the case.

Rasheed
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Florida

MIAMI/Miami Marriott Dadeland/Closed
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Georgia
COLUMBUS/Columbus Marriott/Closed
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:03 pm

Just stayed two weeks ago and this is still accurate:

Italy
* Rome / Rome Park Marriott / OPEN; Breakfast coupons given as small lounge; 2-terminals + wireless; 07/11/11 update
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:05 pm

Just stayed 2 weeks ago and still accurate:

Rome / Grand Flora / No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday; Free wired i-net in rooms & wireless in the lobby (get code from front desk); 2 computers & printers off the lobby; 09/11 update

FYI: It is more than a full breakfast. Think of it as a Champagne Sunday Brunch 7 days a week.
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:08 pm

Pennsylvania
Philadelphia/Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel/Closed
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:11 pm

California
San Mateo/San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport/Closed
Old Jul 5, 12, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Zurich Marriott

As of 7/5/12, confirmed:

Seven days:
Breakfast, 6am-10am
Snacks from 11am-10pm
Evening Hors d'oeuvres, 5pm-7:30pm

Key accessible 24-hours, with beverage cabinet open (water, soda, juice, beer).

WiFi available (free with status, paid otherwise). No terminals nor printers.

It got pretty crowded around 5:30pm when I was there on a Thursday evening, but the food was refreshed often enough. Then there was the family that included three screaming/uncontrollable kids -- but that's another thread :-(
Old Jul 5, 12, 4:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Teamstone View Post
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia/Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel/Closed
Originally Posted by Teamstone View Post
California
San Mateo/San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport/Closed
Do these properties no longer give free breakfast on the weekends when the lounge is closed? I was at the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport in mid-May, and they gave free breakfast on the weekends to gold/platinum members when the concierge lounge is closed.
Old Jul 5, 12, 6:05 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond, BAEC Silver
Nova Scotia, Canada

Halifax/Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel/Closed.

Do not know if the offer coupons instead.

05-Jul-2012.

Last edited by Svantevit; Jul 5, 12 at 6:08 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jul 6, 12, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by VA1379 View Post
Do these properties no longer give free breakfast on the weekends when the lounge is closed? I was at the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport in mid-May, and they gave free breakfast on the weekends to gold/platinum members when the concierge lounge is closed.
Wasn't there on a weekend, so unfortunately I don't have that information. That is great news!
Old Jul 6, 12, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've PM'd Teamstone to get some clarification re: what he posted. Once I hear from him I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jul 6, 12, 4:41 pm

Rochester, MN:

Marriott.com indicates that the lounge is closed on weekends.

I checked in last Saturday afternoon and asked anyway.

First I was told that the lounge had been trashed during breakfast service on Saturday morning and would remain closed for the remainder of the weekend as as a result. A polite request then resulted in breakfast coupons for two.

An hour later I received a call in my room informing me that the lounge would reopen on Sunday morning. Sunday lounge breakfast included eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, etc.

In summary, this lounge appears to be regularly open on weekends.
Old Jul 7, 12, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
1) Courtyard Bangkok
2) Lounge is open on weekends
3) plats offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo Cafe
4) room key accessible (but w full-time attendant)
5) exec lounge offers free Internet (2 terminals) & wireless + for plats in-room Internet access
6) evening snacks (not very good) w. happy hour from 5:30-7:30PM (but when they ran out of vodka, after 2 drinks, did not replace)
7) date - 07 July 12
Old Jul 10, 12, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Confirming:
* Frankfurt / Marriott / CLOSED; Coupons; i-net terminals; 09/11 update
As of 7/8/12. The coupons are good for the full buffet (excellent!) in the restaurant on the ground floor.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: