FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

Rondelltg May 3, 2010 10:36 am

Korea Seoul CY

Seoul Times Square CY is a FS hotel and the lounge is open on the weekend.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Ron

SkiAdcock May 3, 2010 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated (Post 13886887)
I wonder whether there is a difference between Golds and Plats for getting breakfast coupons at FS hotels where the lounges are closed weekends?

In other words, are there some hotels which give coupons to Plats, but not to Golds when their lounges are closed?

* I'm not going to call every hotel in the chain, but on the ones I've contacted (in the US) some do not make a distinction btwn Gold/Plats & either provide coupons or don't, and some do & provide coupons only to Plats. Where they've indicated to me that it's for Plats only, I've indicated that in the updates.

Originally Posted by ohmark (Post 13888182)
Good question. However, Sharon has asked that extraneous posts, even if related, not be included in this thread. Why not start a new thread as to this?

* The extraneous posts that I'm trying to avoid are re: lounge policies in general, cutbacks, likes/dislikes of certain properties, etc. I think coupons being provided to Plats only or both Gold/Plats falls w/in the parameters of this thread, so a separate thread isn't necessary IMO. If people want to update in terms of that I'll update the original post.

Originally Posted by Rondelltg (Post 13889732)
Seoul Times Square CY is a FS hotel and the lounge is open on the weekend.Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Ron

* No worries. I'm going to go w/ what you said re: it being open, because (being surprised a CY actually would offer a lounge - something one won't find in the US! ;) - I went to the Marriott website & it showed the CY Seoul's lounge being closed on the weekend. But websites aren't always updated & since you stayed there recently, I went w/ what you posted.

PS - Weclome to FT!

Cheers.

ohmark May 3, 2010 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated (Post 13886887)
I wonder whether there is a difference between Golds and Plats for getting breakfast coupons at FS hotels where the lounges are closed weekends?

In other words, are there some hotels which give coupons to Plats, but not to Golds when their lounges are closed?

Interesting question. At a number of properties I've stayed at in the past, the front desk made a point of mentioning that "as a platinum" I was being given breakfast coupons (for weekend breakfast). I guess I assumed at the time that they were a platinum perk. (Among other properties, I remember being told that at the Buttes, Mayflower and Vinoy.) But, in retrospect, they might have said something similar to golds, only substituting the word gold for platinum.

USirritated May 3, 2010 10:43 pm

Some hotels I've stayed at make a big production over Plats, including personal attention from management. An example of this would be Wardman Park in DC. When I last stayed at Wardman Park in December 2009, the AGM called me in my room to congratulate me on requalifying for Plat 2010 during my stay there (my 73rd, 74th, and 75th night if I recall correctly), and wanted to give me dinner vouchers in recognition of that fact, which were left for me in an envelope at the front desk, two restaurant vouchers with a value of $40/each.

Somehow I doubt that they would do anything similar for Gold members who are staying for their 48th, 49th, and 50th night. I am only bringing this up regarding possible different treatment for Plats and Golds as far as weekend breakfast coupons. However, I'm not sure how to go about discovering this definitively. Maybe the responses need to indicate elite status to we can measure this better.

jredknapp11 May 4, 2010 12:01 am

Ren. Moscow Monarch Center... open on Saturday.

One of the nicest exe lounge's I've been in, being brand new also helps...amazing view of downtown Moscow. Was given b-fast for free on Sunday since lounge was closed on Sunday. I've now stayed at this property twice and am fallin' in love with it.

xcalx May 4, 2010 3:47 am

Marriott Preston UK
No Lounge
Comp breakfast buffet (no vouchers needed) May 2010.

on a side note No Plat arrival gift. Manager has promised to post cheque his week.

Regards

cal

gardener May 4, 2010 7:59 am

Sharon -

Thanks for taking this on.

Some updates:

"Niagara" has three "a" s in it (not "Niagra")

The Marriott Newton MA would not give me coupons last time I was there on a weekend (Jan 2009) despite having done so in Jan 2008 - I am assuming you relied on my post to jonathansullivans original thread so unless you have more recent feedback re: coupons I would assume no coupons at this property

SkiAdcock May 4, 2010 8:41 am

I'll do updates on new information posted.

Again, this thread is for posting updates re: exec lounges being open, whether coupons are offered or not (can list Gold or Plat), if the lounge is key accessible, if i-net terminals or wireless, and the date the information was current, so appreciate all the help & also keeping any editorializing re: properties to those properties threads. Thx!

Cheers.

littlevoices May 4, 2010 9:22 am

A few more updates as had a few minutes
===============
1) Sweimeh, Jordan / Jordan Valley Resort & Spa
2) No Lounge
3) Coupons given every day
6) 04/10

==============
1) Amman, Jordan / Marriott
2) Open
5) i-net terminals
6) 04/10

==============
1) Petra, Jordan / Marriott
2) No Lounge
3) Coupons given every day
6) 04/10

==============
1) Surfers Paradise, Australia / Marriott Resort
2) No Lounge Access (Resort)
3) Free contintental breakfast coupons. Upgrade to full breakfast for $8AUD/person
6) 01/10

==============
1) Seoul / JW Marriott
2) OPEN
5) i-net terminals
6) 12/09

==============
1) Hong Kong / JW Marriott
2) OPEN
5) i-net terminals
6) 12/09

==============
1) Paris / Renaissance Paris Vendome
3) No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday
6) 05/10

SkiAdcock May 4, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks for the update!

Cheers.

SkiAdcock May 4, 2010 10:31 am

Iowa and Utah have been updated; contacted the hotels directly.

Dropped Nashua, NH since it no longer appears on the Marriott website. Only full service in NH is Wentworth & that's a resort, so no lounge/coupons unless someone posts otherwise.

Cheers.

boomdog May 4, 2010 4:30 pm

Isn't it time to sticky this?

SkiAdcock May 4, 2010 9:03 pm

Nope. I said I'd give it a month to garner input before asking Bruce to sticky it (it's only been 9 days) & by not making it a sticky, we're actually getting more current info, which is quite helpful to FTers. And we need the current info, given the list I was working off of is 15 months old.

So - to my fellow FTers, once again, check the list to see if the properties you've stayed at are listed properly. If they're not, then post the differences & the date. If they are accurate, then post the date.

If a property is not limited, then please add: exec lounge open/closed, coupons, key accessible, i-net terminals, date verified, etc.

Cheers.

USirritated May 4, 2010 10:57 pm

1) Montgomery Renaissance Hotel & Spa (AL)
2) Lounge closed weekends
3) No coupons
5) Lobby has two free full Internet terminals, with free printer
6) 04/28/10 was my last day there

(by full Internet terminals in Lobby, I mean they are not just for boarding passes)

SkiAdcock May 5, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks - will update the list! Cheers.