Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 9, 12, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by djohannw View Post
Originally Posted by djohannw View Post
1) San Diego Marriott Marquis Marina & Spa San Diego, CA
2) Lounge is closed on weekends
3) No breakfast-coupons, and no credit for Saturday breakfast as reported earlier
4) Lounge is closed on the weekend and not accessible
5) will update on Monday :-)
6) 4/12

Greetings - Dirk
5) Lounge has four PCs and a printer available during lounge hours.

Greetings - Dirk
Good Point, although I believe there are 3 PC's & 1 Mac.
Old Apr 11, 12, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
San Francisco Marriott Marquis

The entry for San Francisco Marriott Marquis currently says:

OPEN (on a 90-day trial basis reported 9/29/11; no idea on when the 90-day trial started)
I was told last week (on April 2) by a manager of the Marquis that this has been extended for all of 2012. I also received an updated Concierge Lounge info sheet which lists Saturday and Sunday.
Old Apr 12, 12, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by Head View Post
Oahu-Ko Olina / JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa; NO LOUNGE; No Coupons (I asked Nicely & I am Plat); Bonus Free parking (Self or Valet) for Plats. $28; 8/27/2010 update

This post may not belong here, but given the fact that free parking was mentioned I figured I would go ahead and post. Please move if needed.

I will be staying at this hotel later this month and emailed them to ask about parking.

The response was this...

Please be advised that we offer daily self parking fee of $25.00 + tax (instead of daily self/valet parking fee $35.00 + tax) for our Platinum Members.

Our Platinum Members will be receiving exclusive offers. Your will be given a card at check-in explaining the exclusive offers which include.

* Please present your Marriott Rewards Platinum card in the restaurant and spa to receive your discount.

· Complimentary internet

· 25% Food Discount in the Naupaka Restaurant

· $25/day daily SELF parking

· 20% Discount on Spa Services (Salon Services not included)

· Nightly Turndown

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
I realized I never came back and confirmed these things. Everything above is true, plus we were given a card for 10% discounts at all restraints, in site. It was also good for a few offsite (but within Ko Olina).
Old Apr 12, 12, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for coming back & confirming. I'll update the listing.

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 12, 2:15 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
1) City/State/Country/Property Name - Marriott Pleasanton
2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends - Closed
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed -Yes, full breakfast buffet for 2 adults and 2 children (we got comp for 2 adults and 3 kids)
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - no
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - yes
6) date you know the info was valid - 4/7/12
Old Apr 13, 12, 2:18 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
1) City/State/Country/Property Name - SFO Marriott

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends - Closed

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed -Don't know

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - Don't know

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - Yes

6) date you know the info was valid - 4/10/12

There is a microwave oven in the lounge (not sure if it's a standard in US proprties but this it the first time I have seen a microwave oven in a lounge). I like it because I can reheat food for the kids.
Old Apr 13, 12, 1:38 pm
Suspended

A Crack in the Downtown DC Offerings on Weekends!

I just was on the phone with the Marriott @ Metro Center on a package booking of mine and they informed me that they will now be offering their Platinum and Gold members complimentary breakfast on the weekends when the lounge is closed! (No matter to me as my package already provides this benefit.)

It also appears that they may have their lounge open on special weekends -- perhaps on holiday weekends and the like -- this is my speculation -- but if it is closed breakfast should be available to you elites.

I certainly would call the hotel to confirm this information and obatin the name of the person you spoke to and ask for this offered complimentary perk be written into your reservation details in their notes section.

I hope this pans out for many of you!
Old Apr 14, 12, 1:20 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
1) City/State/Country/Property Name - Zurich Renaissance Tower (the new Ren at Technopark)

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends - Open

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed -breakfast on weekends in restaurant, no coupons neccessary

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - yes, just got coffee

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - Yes

6) date you know the info was valid - 4/14/12

If your are into train traffic you would love this lounge! Great view on the tracks running into Zurich Main Station

Last edited by Exdon; Apr 14, 12 at 1:22 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 14, 12, 10:46 am

Marriott Walnut Creek

The lounge is closed on weekends. Coupons are offered during check in.

Information valid as of April 2012.
Old Apr 15, 12, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Hey Sharon, isn't there something wrong with the list again?

It ends with:
Bangkok / Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong / OPEN; free wifi as%
Old Apr 15, 12, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viks View Post
Hey Sharon, isn't there something wrong with the list again?

It ends with:
Bangkok / Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong / OPEN; free wifi as%
I noticed that, but I can't pin the time some of the Thailand info disappeared (and my google skills suck). It might have gotten truncated before the last glitch. I'm currently at a big trade show for a week, so haven't had time to go back through this thread to read updates or read Thailand property threads, or to figure out if I'm missing any countries after Thailand. Will take a look at it next weekend, or sometime this week if I get a break.

Of course if someone has an update on a Thailand property, post & I'll do an update.

Cheers.
Old Apr 15, 12, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
When MaineFlyer16 resurrected the list Thailand was still there (and Turkey, UAE, Vietnam):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18322980-post4.html
Old Apr 17, 12, 8:10 am

Renaissance Amsterdam

The information on the Renaissance Amsterdam is still up to date.

1) Renaissance Amsterdam
2) Open daily from 6:00 until midnight. Breakfast daily from 6:30 to 10:30.
3) N/A
4) N/A (Open)
5) One i-net terminal and I believe wireless
6) April 14 2012
Old Apr 17, 12, 8:27 am

Renaissance Nashville
Closed weekends
Coupons for plats (golds too, I assume, though I forgot to ask)
Not key-accessible
2 or 3 internet terminals
4/15/12
Old Apr 17, 12, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viks View Post
When MaineFlyer16 resurrected the list Thailand was still there (and Turkey, UAE, Vietnam):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18322980-post4.html
Thanks - I'll cut/paste & add it back in! Will also try to get the other updates posted before heading to the convention center.

Cheers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: