FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

SkiAdcock May 8, 2010 7:50 am

Am at Capitol Do so will update the thread when I have a 3-hour layover at ORD tomorrow.

Washington DC
Marriott Metro Center
Closed
Full breakfast for Plats in restaurant (although I haven't had time to take advantage of it); forgot to ask about golds
5/7/10 update

They must have mentioned my Plat status 5 times in 5 minutes. Good service so far.

Cheers.

USirritated May 8, 2010 11:29 pm

Washington DC
Marriott Wardman Park
Closed
Coupons no longer being given out!
5/9/10 update

SkiAdcock May 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Sorry to hear of their change in policy. Updated the thread.

Again, fellow FTers. This thread is only as good as your input. Check it - are the properties listed correct? Are there some you've stayed at that are outdated? If so, post a correction. Are there some properties missing? Add them!

Cheers.

BrightlyBob May 12, 2010 6:22 am

Sorry Sharon, forgot about Canada on my travels last year...

Toronto Airport Marriott

Lounge closed
No vouchers, no access

Marriott Ottawa

Lounge closed
No vouchers, no access

Both as at August 2009

bdschobel May 12, 2010 7:57 am

Another data point: Spain Barcelona Airport Renaissance, lounge is OPEN on weekends. I stayed there Saturday, May 2.

Bruce

SkiAdcock May 12, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks to you both. Updated the list. Cheers.

aolj May 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Grand Rapids, MI - JW Marriott
Lounge is Open on weekends;
There's a PC to use with a printer hooked up.
Last stay was weekend of May 8th and 9th, 2010

Novi, MI - Baronette Renaissance Hotel
No Lounge available
If Gold/Platinum Elite - Room will be given with dry snacks/fruits and drinks.
Also coupons for breakfast.
Called in to ask today, May 14, 2010

SkiAdcock May 15, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks; list updated. Hope others have information re: current properties listed or properties not listed, and can update. Cheers.

FlyerGoldII May 15, 2010 2:13 pm

JW Marriott, The Rousseau Muskoka Resort and Spa, Minett, ON, Canada

This new resort has opened in Canada (I have not stayed there). By definition (from the name), the resort would not have a lounge. However, I do not know if Platinum and Gold members get some consideration during weekends.

cfischer May 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Hamburg / Renaissance / No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday; 05/10 update

Smart Shopper May 23, 2010 6:11 am

California
Norwalk Marriott: CLOSED; free i-net & printer in lounge (property will strip M brand on 6/10)
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley: CLOSED; free i-net & printer on 17th floor in lounge; no breakfast coupon was offered (update 5/10)
San Francisco Marriott Marquis (located steps from the Moscone Center): CLOSED, free i-net & printer in lounge (update 5/10)

Austria
The Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna: OPEN, free i-net & printer in lounge; option for full breakfast in Restaurant was not offered (update 4/10)

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 13849211)
... I think it's worth keeping the thread as even from 03/09, some properties switched from open to closed & some that were closed switched to open, so things do change.
[...]
Also, the obligatory disclaimer: This list is as accurate as I can make it, but should not soley be relied on (ie, I don't want to hear reports after a stay that you said at check-in, 'well SkiAdcock said the lounge was open or we get free certs' ;)), so when in doubt always contact the property directly.

Please mind: On their web-page every property offers a “Guest Rooms in Detail” button. When there, explore their rooms and click on Concierge/Executive Level rooms (if available). While most properties offer information when their lounge is open and what they have to offer, there is no information if they provide additional services for Platinum/Gold members [eg. (full or continental) breakfast in restaurant].

FWIW (as I read some reports about closed lounges at Sunday evening), I assume that you describe – for that purpose - “weekend” as there is no F&B on Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday mornings.

SkiAdcock May 23, 2010 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper (Post 14007530)
[

Please mind: On their web-page every property offers a “Guest Rooms in Detail” button. When there, explore their rooms and click on Concierge/Executive Level rooms (if available). While most properties offer information when their lounge is open and what they have to offer, there is no information if they provide additional services for Platinum/Gold members [eg. (full or continental) breakfast in restaurant].

FWIW (as I read some reports about closed lounges at Sunday evening), I assume that you describe – for that purpose - “weekend” as there is no F&B on Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday mornings.

Yes, I realize that re: the guest room details. On some of the hotels where I've contacted them directly, I use that as a starting point & then ask if they do anything for golds/plats. Of course there are a lot of Marriotts in the US so I'm not calling them all.

Am relying on folk to post in this thread re: their experiences w/ dometic & int'l properties. Hopefully people will check the list to see if a property is listed, whether the info is accurate & provide an update if it's not, or list a property that isn't on the list.

The list in the first post is based on a list that was last updated about 15 months ago (or even longer), so some of the information is outdated. As I get reports of recent stays, I update the first post w/ the info & date of the update.

Re: weekends, yes your assumption is correct.

Cheers.

Rondelltg May 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Montgomery AL Renaissance

I just checked out of the Montgomery Renaissance hotel on 5/21/10. They do give coupons for Platinum members on the weekend. The concierge in the lounge made me aware of it she thought I was a Platinum after me being there for three weeks straight (Need 10 days ^ almost there).

Everything else on the entry is the same.

My third post all on the same thread ^

Ron

SkiAdcock May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rondelltg (Post 14023414)
I just checked out of the Montgomery Renaissance hotel on 5/21/10. They do give coupons for Platinum members on the weekend. The concierge in the lounge made me aware of it she thought I was a Platinum after me being there for three weeks straight (Need 10 days ^ almost there).

Everything else on the entry is the same.

My third post all on the same thread ^

Ron

Thanks! And that's why I'm depending on FTers to update from personal experience. I actually called all the AL properties & the one you mentioned said they didn't give coupons.

Cheers.

Rondelltg May 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 14023461)
Thanks! And that's why I'm depending on FTers to update from personal experience. I actually called all the AL properties & the one you mentioned said they didn't give coupons.

Cheers.

You're welcome,

I wasn't the only one she was giving that information. Maybe it is something new and they were making everyone aware.

I know this is off subject but they have a full hot breakfast in the lounge and they started the free free internet early.

Ron

USirritated May 26, 2010 6:46 am

I stay in the MGM Renaissance all the time (I am in the hotel now as a matter of fact, checking out today), and they are very inconsistent on the breakfast coupons. There have been times they have been given to me cheerfully, and other times they have said "we don't do that anymore," so it is a bit weird. The same was true about early free Internet, sometimes the charges were removed cheerfully, and one other time there was a short argument and "It's Marriott policy not to waive Internet charges before the new policy starts. It can sometimes be Jeckyll and Hyde in Montgomery!

Rondelltg May 26, 2010 11:50 am

MGM Renaissance

Thanks for letting us know. I was going to look for them the next time I go there. Now I know to be prepard for a "Sorry no Sir" response if I asked.

USirritated May 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Give them a reason to give you coupons or comp your breakfast if you need to. I know that sounds bad, but it is their fault for being inconsistent in a few areas. As an example, every time that I stay here there is a problem with my television not turning on at least once. When that happens they have to send up a maintenance tech. Their televisions run off a server that also runs the Internet, and at least once per day they are reset by the server, the problem is that the reset does not always complete and they need to come to the room, unplug the television and reset it manually. Also, they just installed automatic light sensors, which do not yet work consistently. They are supposed to stay off until you walk in through the front door, and then be automatically triggered, in order to save energy. So, if your television does not work properly, and your lights do not work properly, you have a good thing to trade with. Overall, this is a gorgeous hotel, but it has its oddities to be sure. Also, by the way, this is not Marriott managed. Bottom line on breakfast coupons at the MGM Renaissance, SOMETIMES!

BrightlyBob May 27, 2010 11:09 am

Ren LHR.

As per your entry, it is closed, doorkey entry to get free non-alcoholic drinks. Also, free breakfast coupons...

gardener May 27, 2010 11:41 am

Louisiana

New Orleans / JW Marriott / CLOSED (COUPONS)
New Orleans / Marriott Canal Place / CLOSED (COUPONS)
New Orleans / Marriott Pere Marquette / CLOSED (COUPONS)
New Orleans / Renaissance Arts / CLOSED (BREAKFAST)
As far as I can tell there is no "Marriott Canal Place" - do you suppose this means the Marriott New Orleans at 555 Canal Street? If so, I am staying there in July (for the Sumer national Duplicate Bridge tournament) and can report on their lounge status in weekends.

Tiojelly May 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Renaissance Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Open on weekends (however may have to order apps from a menu if occupancy is low, and will be sent to the buffet downstairs for breakfast if low occupancy as well - this applies to weekdays as well).

Wifi and 2 workstations available.

Info dated May 2010

SkiAdcock May 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 14032849)
Ren LHR.

As per your entry, it is closed, doorkey entry to get free non-alcoholic drinks. Also, free breakfast coupons...

* Thanks for the confirmation. Will update it w/ 5/10 date.

Originally Posted by gardener (Post 14033050)
As far as I can tell there is no "Marriott Canal Place" - do you suppose this means the Marriott New Orleans at 555 Canal Street? If so, I am staying there in July (for the Sumer national Duplicate Bridge tournament) and can report on their lounge status in weekends.

* This was off the old list, so my guess is you're right re: which one. Please do report back. Thx.

Originally Posted by Tiojelly (Post 14034152)
Renaissance Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Open on weekends (however may have to order apps from a menu if occupancy is low, and will be sent to the buffet downstairs for breakfast if low occupancy as well - this applies to weekdays as well).

Wifi and 2 workstations available.

Info dated May 2010

* Thanks - will update the list.

bdschobel May 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Confirming info on Albuquerque Marriott: Lounge closed on weekends but breakfast coupons given on request. As of May 27.

Bruce

SkiAdcock May 28, 2010 10:13 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel (Post 14035817)
Confirming info on Albuquerque Marriott: Lounge closed on weekends but breakfast coupons given on request. As of May 27.

Bruce

Thanks! And too bad didn't know you were there. Have an FTer who's on a 5-week assignment in Albuquerque & I'm sure he would have been delighted to meet up w/ a fellow FTer. He's got 2 more weeks to go.

Cheers.

VA1379 May 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Update on Fullerton Marriott at CSU (as of 5/24/10):

Yes, they give a paper coupon if you are an elite member for free breakfast on weekends. The lounge has a computer with a inkjet printer, but you need to have the elite code for free internet in order to go online with the computer.

USirritated May 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by gardener (Post 14033050)

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 14034412)
* This was off the old list, so my guess is you're right re: which one. Please do report back. Thx.

I last stayed at the New Orleans Marriott (555 Canal Street) from September 2-8, 2009, and about one week before September 2, I got a call from their "elite coordinator" to confirm my benefits, and to ask if I had any special requests. I made a request for the same room that I had on my previous stay (her answer was yes), and to ask about weekend breakfast coupons (her answer was also yes to coupons). I checked in at about 8 PM, and the front desk clerk read me the notes from the elite coordinator, including about providing me weekend breakfast coupons for both Saturday and Sunday. The fdc questioned giving me coupons for two days, and insisted that the normal practice was for only one day. After a brief discussion I just decided to speak with the elite coordinator the next morning, who was upset about her notes not being honored, and that an untrained (as far as elite benefits) fdc would second guess her on her job. The elite coordinator left me the coupon for the second day at the front desk, which I picked up within the hour.

roadwarrior365 May 29, 2010 2:56 pm

the jackson, ms marriott has the lounge closed on weekends, but i asked for a coupon and got one.

bmchris Jun 1, 2010 9:56 am

1) Napa, CA, USA - Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
2) Lounge is Open Sunday 5/30 and Memorial Day 5/31
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed - N/A
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - N/A, free sodas and water at any time
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - unsure
6) date you know the info was valid 5/30/10

SkiAdcock Jun 1, 2010 11:21 am

List updated! Thanks!

jsporing Jun 1, 2010 4:55 pm

1) Frankfurt Marriott, Frankfurt Germany
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) As Plat, got breakfast coupons
4) Not sure if key still worked on weekends
5) The exec lounge offers free i-net sinceI logged on in my room, and they told me I should have used it for free on the lounge...told them it was clsd and they compd the charges.
6) Date stayed 5/10

bdschobel Jun 2, 2010 5:55 am

Originally Posted by jsporing (Post 14059170)
1) Frankfurt Marriott, Frankfurt Germany
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends....

Wow, that's a surprise! I've never seen that lounge closed, and I've stayed there many weekend nights. That's really too bad.

Bruce

burtonmadness Jun 4, 2010 2:43 am

Just recently stayed in the Marriot Winsor/Heathrow and Regents Park, both of which have Lounges. When checking in, I asked about lounge access and being placed on the exec floor, to which they replied that due to complaints no children were allowed in the exec lounge and on the exec floor.

I asked to speak with the manager who confirmed this local policy (which was replicated at the Regents Park Marriott).

Anyway, I then asked them to confirm that since I was not allowed in the exec lounge with my children (aged 13 / 17), that I would be comped breakfast for all, which they did.

BM

roadwarrior365 Jun 6, 2010 4:21 pm

I stayed at the JW Houston this weekend the lounge is closed and you cant get waters out of it. I asked for breakfast coupons and got them the Front Desk Clerk said he made an exception for me, but the PLAT checking in next to me got them too. I think I will depend on the agent at check in.

SkiAdcock Jun 7, 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by burtonmadness (Post 14074237)
Just recently stayed in the Marriot Winsor/Heathrow and Regents Park, both of which have Lounges. When checking in, I asked about lounge access and being placed on the exec floor, to which they replied that due to complaints no children were allowed in the exec lounge and on the exec floor.

I asked to speak with the manager who confirmed this local policy (which was replicated at the Regents Park Marriott).

Anyway, I then asked them to confirm that since I was not allowed in the exec lounge with my children (aged 13 / 17), that I would be comped breakfast for all, which they did.

BM

* Does that mean then that the lounges were open on the weekend, and it was just the teenagers that kept you out? BTW - I don't think Marriott can exclude someone from exec level floor from kids, can they? Isn't that discrimination or illegal?

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365 (Post 14087795)
I stayed at the JW Houston this weekend the lounge is closed and you cant get waters out of it. I asked for breakfast coupons and got them the Front Desk Clerk said he made an exception for me, but the PLAT checking in next to me got them too. I think I will depend on the agent at check in.

* Thanks.

Will update list.

Cheers.

aaupgrade Jun 11, 2010 11:19 pm

1) Anchorage/AK/US/Marriott
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) Breakfast coupons are given;
4) Lounge is key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
5) One PC which I assume is fee free. This is a US property with free WiFi for this Plat, so unsure of lounge availability.
6) 6/12/2010

SkiAdcock Jun 13, 2010 7:31 am

Thanks! Updated list.

Cheers.

NDDomer86 Jun 17, 2010 4:03 pm

1) Winston-Salem, NC/Winston-Salem Marriott
2) Lounge closed, open on Sunday evening with no service
3) Not given coupons, did not ask
4) Not accessible on weekends with key
5) Don't know
6) 5/30/10

1) Charlotte, NC/Charlotte Marriott Executive Park
2) Closed on weekend but open Sunday evening with service
3) Not given coupons, did not ask
5) Don't know
6) 6/4/10

1) Charlotte, NC/Renaissance Charlotte Southpark
2) Closed on weekend with no service on Sunday evening
3) Don't know, stayed on a Sunday
4) Not sure, but accessible Sunday evening though without service
5) Don't know
6) 6/12/10

hhoope01 Jun 22, 2010 8:33 pm

1) Memphis Marriott
2) Lounge closed
3) Not given coupons, did ask.
5) Don't know
6) 6/19/10

TvlPeach Jun 23, 2010 9:52 am

Costa Rica

Marriott San Jose Costa Rica

Lounge OPEN/water and sodas throughout day/free wifi for Plats in room and one terminal in lounge. Beer and wine for purchase. As of 06/10

Los Suenos Resort-no lounge but nice managers reception one afternoon during week for plats(maybe gold, too). No coupons offered. Free wifi for plats and free internet access offered in business center if no personal laptop. As of 06/10

SkiAdcock Jun 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks - updated list!

Cheers.