Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by USirritated
(emphasis mine)

Does WHAT mean that J.W. Marriott Bucharest has no executive lounge?

In other words, I am trying to find out what you are referring to when you said "does it....."? What were you looking at when the question came to your mind?
I didn't know what this meant either, but realized that Romania wasn't on the list in post #1 so s/he was asking if the JW had a lounge. In checking the Marriott website re: the property, it does & it's open 24/7, so I've added the property to the list in post #1 & show it as open.

If people aren't sure if a property has a lounge or not, I've found the best way to check is click on the property on the Marriott site, explore our hotel, click on guest rooms & if there's an exec level room showing, then click on it to see the details & it will usually tell you if it's open or not. If you don't see an exec level room, odds are there is no lounge.

What it doesn't tell you is if they offer coupons, if it's key accessible, if it has i-net terminals, and if there is no lounge, what they offer (if anything), so I'm depending on people to post in this thread to provide that information.

The list in post # 1 is only as good as the input received. I update whenever anyone provides a new update or a confirmation of current info.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Costa Mesa / Marriott Suites / CLOSED(COUPONS)

Update form March 2011 stay- No lounge- coupons given for 2 adult buffets 7 days a week.
Just to confirm the coupons are given to Golds, as well as Plats.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Quincy, MA and Tarrytown, NY

Hi Sharon

Update on the Quincy Lounge it open now after renovations and looks good more seating too.

Thanks for keeping up this list. I am always telling or showing it to friends and co-workers.

Ron

1) Quincy, MA Quincy Marriott
2) CLOSED
3) COUPONS for Plats when asked
4) No access
5) 1 I-net Terminal
6) April 22, 2011

1) Tarrytown, NY Westchester Marriott
2) CLOSED
3) No COUPONS
4) No access
5) ?
6) April 24, 2011
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
1) Burlington, MA USA Marriott Boston-Burlington
2) Closed on weekends
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed - upon request ONLY to gold or platinum members (This is different from my past experience where they also gave me a coupon for my husband, although he is only silver)
4) not accessible
5) didn't try - the lounge was closed Easter weekend AND the following Monday (our departure date) Breakfast coupons were not offered for Monday....I asked and got 2.
6) 4/25/11
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by fandresva
A few more that need to be added:

Hotel Duval Autograph Collection Tallahassee, FL- No lounge /Coupon for 1 drink and 1 Pastry - regarless of how many people in your party/ Free wireless (This sucks, if you are a HHonnors Gold or Diamond you are better of staying at the Doubletree Tallahassee for free full breakfast)

Grand Bohemian Autograph Collection Orlando, FL - Lounge open weekends/ Breakfast and soft drinks

JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL - Lounge open weekends/ breakfast/ food presentations through the day, premium soft drinks and free beer and wine. 9It is like a Ritz carlton to be honest)

And the Orlando Marriott downtown is now a Sheraton

I will report back on:

JW Marriott Bogota
Marriott Bogota
JW Marriott Beijing
Marriott Beijing City Wall
Renaissance Tianjin Downtown
I have a resevation at Hotel Duval in September. That really sucks considering what the two nights cost.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Quincy Marriott MA

1) Quincy, MA Quincy Marriott
2) CLOSED
3) COUPONS for Plats when asked
4) No access
5) 1 I-net Terminal
6) April 22, 2011

Sorry I wasn't so clear before but above is the status for the Quincy Marriott. and it is open during the week now.

Ron
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport

1. Closed
2. Access- water and soft drinks available
3. Coupons for Full Breakfast for me and guest, I did not ask,i'm gold
4. no i-net in lounge, only a terminal to print boarding tickets
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Marriott San Jose, Costa Rica

I was here on week days, but was told that Exec Lounge opens 7 days/week. Enter with your room key. Plan to do a trip report about this property when time permits.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:20 am

Washington DC
JW Marriott Pennsylvania Ave

lounge was closed on April 29-30.
I stayed on the exec floor and am gold.
No coupons were offered as well.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Hutchinson Island Marriott Resort & Spa - Stuart, Florida
NO LOUNGE (it is a "resort" after all)
No coupons (I'm Platinum and I asked)
Room upgrades to suites or ocean view, for Plats, given cheerfully, if available
4/30/2011 update
Old May 1, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: Global Entry,UA 1MM, Marriot PLT,Hilton Gold,Hertz 5c,National Emerald EXE
1) Teaneck/NJ/USA/Marriott at Glenpoints
2) Lounge is Closed.
3) Coupons for buffet Breakfast. (include hot meal)
4) ???
5) ???
6) 04/11
Old May 2, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Hi Sharon - thanks so much for keeping this up!

1) Bethesda/MD/Marriott
2) CL officially closed, but I was able to get in for water/soft drinks. Security guy said they locked it at 10 pm, but I didn't check
3) no coupons, but when I asked the FD said I was entitled to free breakfast for 2 - my room number was on 'the list'
4) (if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water) yes, reportedly until 10 pm
5) there's a terminal and printer, but I didn't try them
6) 5/1/11
Old May 3, 2011, 4:06 am

Programs: IC Amb, Hilton Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I didn't know what this meant either, but realized that Romania wasn't on the list in post #1 so s/he was asking if the JW had a lounge. In checking the Marriott website re: the property, it does & it's open 24/7, so I've added the property to the list in post #1 & show it as open.

If people aren't sure if a property has a lounge or not, I've found the best way to check is click on the property on the Marriott site, explore our hotel, click on guest rooms & if there's an exec level room showing, then click on it to see the details & it will usually tell you if it's open or not. If you don't see an exec level room, odds are there is no lounge.

What it doesn't tell you is if they offer coupons, if it's key accessible, if it has i-net terminals, and if there is no lounge, what they offer (if anything), so I'm depending on people to post in this thread to provide that information.

The list in post # 1 is only as good as the input received. I update whenever anyone provides a new update or a confirmation of current info.

Cheers.
My intention was to ask if there is Exec lounge at Marriott Bucharest, sorry for confusion.

Potentially, it might be worthwhile to add SkiAdcock's suggestion to the first page, as I found it very helpful:
"If people aren't sure if a property has a lounge or not, I've found the best way to check is click on the property on the Marriott site, explore our hotel, click on guest rooms & if there's an exec level room showing, then click on it to see the details & it will usually tell you if it's open or not. If you don't see an exec level room, odds are there is no lounge."

Just one question in connection to the Bucharest hotel:
1. Explore our hotel (is clear)
2. In This Section-> Guest Rooms (is clear and I can see if exec lounge is there).
3. Where should I click in order to see details (open hours etc.)? I mean in Bucharest there are several lounges. Are all of those Executive Lounges?
Old May 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by bumburuck
My intention was to ask if there is Exec lounge at Marriott Bucharest, sorry for confusion.

Potentially, it might be worthwhile to add SkiAdcock's suggestion to the first page, as I found it very helpful:
"If people aren't sure if a property has a lounge or not, I've found the best way to check is click on the property on the Marriott site, explore our hotel, click on guest rooms & if there's an exec level room showing, then click on it to see the details & it will usually tell you if it's open or not. If you don't see an exec level room, odds are there is no lounge."

Just one question in connection to the Bucharest hotel:
1. Explore our hotel (is clear)
2. In This Section-> Guest Rooms (is clear and I can see if exec lounge is there).
3. Where should I click in order to see details (open hours etc.)? I mean in Bucharest there are several lounges. Are all of those Executive Lounges?
None of the "lounges" listed for the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel are the concierge lounge for elites, which is listed there are the public lounges/bars/restaurants. Also, I am not sure whether a listing for a room called "Grand Executive Guest Room" necessarily equates with an Executive Floor or Concierge Floor Lounge. However, I would be very surprised if any major city JW (JW resorts not included) did not have a Concierge or Executive Lounge. Some hotels MIGHT call some of their rooms "Executive King," or similar, without being on an Executive floor, and even being in hotels without Executive or Concierge Lounges at all (such as "resorts," which have no lounges). The best way to find out whether there is a Concierge or Executive Lounge, for sure, is to call Marriott reservations and ask them about the specific hotels you are interested in. They will be able to tell you whether there is a lounge or not, and will contact the hotel for any information which is not at their fingertips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.