Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Denvercccc
Sharon,

Thanks for keeping this list so up to date.

Under Colorado, the Ren Flatirons is in Broomfield, not Bloomfield. Might not work if you are doing a search.

Thanks
Thanks. Made the change.

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Marriott and Renaissance Brussels still have their lounges open 7 days a week. Info valid as of 3/27.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
At the Seattle Renaissance now & despite a very nice desk clerk & my not too subtle request for for breakfast chits...no go

Given they proactively handed out the chits on my last visit, as well as most w/e rate right now at this prop include full breakfast I thought they'd easily offer them up.

oh well, it's not as if Seattle is lacking for breakfast spots.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Quincy, MA Marriott

Still giving full breafast buffet for two to Plats. as of this weekend. 4/10/11.

BTW the longe is undergoing renovation and the breakfast buffet is every weekday and in the evenings they have moved the lounge to a cornered off area in the restaurant.You can still go to that area all day during the normal lounge hours and get water,soda, juice and snacks. I'm told they will open the lounge in anoter month or so. I took a look and it seemed to me more like two.

They did not move the I-net terminal to the restaurant corner.

Don't know how you'll write this one up Sharon.

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by Rondelltg; Apr 10, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: MR PLT, HH Blue, DL, CO, Avis Preferred, Hertz President Circle, National Emerald, IHG, Omni GLD
A few more that need to be added:

Hotel Duval Autograph Collection Tallahassee, FL- No lounge /Coupon for 1 drink and 1 Pastry - regarless of how many people in your party/ Free wireless (This sucks, if you are a HHonnors Gold or Diamond you are better of staying at the Doubletree Tallahassee for free full breakfast)

Grand Bohemian Autograph Collection Orlando, FL - Lounge open weekends/ Breakfast and soft drinks

JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL - Lounge open weekends/ breakfast/ food presentations through the day, premium soft drinks and free beer and wine. 9It is like a Ritz carlton to be honest)

And the Orlando Marriott downtown is now a Sheraton

I will report back on:

JW Marriott Bogota
Marriott Bogota
JW Marriott Beijing
Marriott Beijing City Wall
Renaissance Tianjin Downtown
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
FS at Rocky Hill, CT (about 10 miles south of HFD). Checked in on a Saturday evening, and lounge closed. BUT... offered a coupon good for two appetizers in the bar AND coupon good for healthy start breakfast for two in the restaurant for Sunday morning. Rock on!

Edited to add: The breakfast coupon was good for the FULL buffet, including made-to-order eggs.

Last edited by wxguy; Apr 17, 2011 at 6:22 am Reason: Update!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Renaissance Blackstone, Chicago.
Lounge closed on weekends, no coupons (I asked for them, no go)
I have not been to the lounge yet, and do not think that I will make it there, because I have to leave the hotel at 5 AM on Monday, so I can't report on the computers situation in the lounge. However, there is free wifi available in the lobby. Information accurate as of 4/17/2011.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Elite, United Premier, Avis First
Colorado Springs / Marriott - stayed last weekend, front desk reported that "corporate won't allow them to give out coupons" any longer, even to Plats.

There is a computer & printer in the lounge, wireless is free throughout hotel with code printed on room key for Gold/Plat.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thetatum
Colorado Springs / Marriott - stayed last weekend, front desk reported that "corporate won't allow them to give out coupons" any longer, even to Plats.

There is a computer & printer in the lounge, wireless is free throughout hotel with code printed on room key for Gold/Plat.
Doubt that's true re: the corp part (easy for them to say & they were pretty stingy before w/ them), but thanks for the update. I'll make the change.

Keep updates coming.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
does it mean that J.W. Marriott Bucharest has no executive lounge?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by bumburuck
(emphasis mine)

Does WHAT mean that J.W. Marriott Bucharest has no executive lounge?

In other words, I am trying to find out what you are referring to when you said "does it....."? What were you looking at when the question came to your mind?

Last edited by USirritated; Apr 20, 2011 at 6:03 pm Reason: added bolding/emphasis
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
1) Colorado Springs Marriott, Colorado Springs CO
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed; None were offered to this Gold
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water; No, lounge was locked tight
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless; Didn't notice/ask
6) date you know the info was valid 4/11

Stopped by Sunday evening towards the end of lounge hours. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, fruit, Quaker granola bars & microwave popcorn were the offerings

Monday's breakfast had bacon & eggs but no prepared oatmeal. Rather, they had packets of Quaker's Instant.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bumburuck
It certainly does. (Or at least, it did last time I was there.) A wonderful property and great Platinum welcome wine and gifts.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Counsellor
It certainly does. (Or at least, it did last time I was there.) A wonderful property and great Platinum welcome wine and gifts.
Counsellor, do you know if the Bucharest lounge is open on the weekends? If not, do they give out brekkie coupons? If it's closed, is it key accessible? Are there i-net terminals or free wireless?

Edited to add: I just checked the hotel's website. Lounge is open 24/7. Only thing it didn't mention was the i-net terminals/free wifi.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.