FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

MsEverywhere Jul 17, 2017 4:46 am

* Tampa / Renaissance International Plaza Hotel / Closed Weekends, Easter, Christmas Eve, Christmas & New Year's; Open for brekkie only Sat & Sun mornings; 07/15/17 update

MsEverywhere Jul 17, 2017 8:11 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 13849211)
Michigan

* Livonia / Detroit Marriott Livonia / CLOSED Weekends, Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Easter; buffet breakfast in restaurant; i-net terminals; 07/17 update

They give $10 F&B coupon (also good in the Market) and offer either (750 points or brekkie in the restaurant).

hockeyinsider Jul 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere (Post 28570299)
They give $10 F&B coupon (also good in the Market) and offer either (750 points or brekkie in the restaurant).

Are you sure? It's always been either $12 or $13 per person coupon for restaurant plus a coupon for the breakfast buffet.

MsEverywhere Jul 18, 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 28573145)
Are you sure? It's always been either $12 or $13 per person coupon for restaurant plus a coupon for the breakfast buffet.

I'm sure, I was there Saturday night. I took the 750 points and used the $10 coupon towards breakfast buffet.

hockeyinsider Jul 18, 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere (Post 28574740)
I'm sure, I was there Saturday night. I took the 750 points and used the $10 coupon towards breakfast buffet.

What status are you? I ask because I've done probably 70 nights at this hotel in the last two years. This must be a recent change.

As a platinum, I always received a $12/$13 (I think it was either $12 or $12.99) voucher (up to two per room; one per person), which was good for one chicken Caesar salad or a thin-crust pizza, plus a voucher (up to two per room; one per person) for breakfast whenever the concierge lounge was closed.

This is the only reason I stayed at the property because the food was decent, even if the service itself was iffy and a little too casual, family-style restaurant-esque.

If this is a change for all statuses, it's a significant devaluation.

SkiAdcock Jul 18, 2017 7:40 am

MSEverywhere is Platinum Premier (see under her handle), but now between the 2 of you I'm thoroughly confused on how to update the sticky.

Cheers.

hockeyinsider Jul 18, 2017 7:45 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 28574852)
MSEverywhere is Platinum Premier (see under her handle), but now between the 2 of you I'm thoroughly confused on how to update the sticky.

Cheers.

It's possible they gave the wrong voucher. Newer front desk clerks have mistakenly given me a different breakfast voucher than the "blue" one for platinums, which include tax and tip.

I'll be staying at this particular hotel later this month. I'll report back.

Also, the "blue" voucher -- which they've used for at least three years -- never covered gift shop purchases, but @MsEverywhere says her voucher did.

By the way, they have always offered a $10 food-and-beverage coupon, which included soft drinks or whatever from the gift shop, but that was only in lieu of the arrival points. I'm wondering if the front desk clerk made a mistake when @MsEverywhere checked in.

lax2010 Jul 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Any recent update on London Regents Park or Maida Vale?

Any recent update on London Regents Park or Maida Vale?
- Lounge access for only 2 persons rule enforced? If yes, how much for additional guess?
- breakfast in the lounge or restaurant?
- Any Afternoon tea or evening snack?

gxz143 Jul 21, 2017 9:09 am

Canada/Toronto/Renaissance downtown. No changes to information posted.

gxz143 Jul 21, 2017 9:12 am

Washington State/Seattle/Renaissance. OPEN. Club Lounge is on 28th floor. Breakfast 7 days. Evening hors d'oeures Sunday-Thursday. Stayed June 2017.

GoSh4rks Jul 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Marriott Shenzhen Nanshan: Breakfast in lounge or restaurant.

jonisflying Jul 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Anyone know when the lounge at Denver City Center Marriott will be finished? The lounge is currently in the lobby.

Long Distance Jul 24, 2017 7:38 am

Amsterdam / Marriott (excuse me if you can do this in all lounges and I am just learning that) you can order omelettes, pancakes and waffles (that you normally have to get in the restaurant) in the lounge (no charge).

InHouseCounsel Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Update on Marriott La Jolla, California: Lounge is now open for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday (I stayed Sat night 7/22 and had breakfast in the lounge Sunday morning). The key packet included a paper with lounge hours listing it open both days, and the front desk clerk told me the lounge was open via room key for water and snacks all day

hockeyinsider Jul 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by InHouseCounsel (Post 28607245)
the front desk clerk told me the lounge was open via room key for water and snacks all day

Hopefully, the security camera didn't catch you carrying back those 10 cans of Diet Pepsi.