Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 8, 17, 1:52 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Berlin Marriott

Exec Lounge only, otherwise E32/person in restaurant
M-F 0630 - 1030
S-S 0700 - 1100

Cold/hot buffet (M-S) 1730 - 2030
Wine/beer 1730 - 2300

Open until 2400

Rule says children under 14 only allowed if accompanied by adult - not enforced

1+1 rule is a joke !!
Old Jun 10, 17, 3:16 am

Just got back from staying at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel in Thailand. Children and babies are now welcome at any time in the club lounge. Also there is an option of having breakfast at the restaurant (Flavors) for an additional charge of THB400 net per person.
Old Jun 12, 17, 3:55 am
Suspended

The Hotel Luzern (Autograph Collection)

No Lounge

Breakfast for G/Ps in restaurant off menu as there are only a handful of rooms.

Same owner as Renaissance (just across the small park)
Old Jun 13, 17, 9:55 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
FDC must have been confused, as it's breakfast or 750 pts when lounge is closed on the weekends.
If your room rate already includes breakfast in the restaurant, wouldn't a plat/gold get the 750 points for no breakfast in the lounge?
Old Jun 13, 17, 9:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tanic View Post
If your room rate already includes breakfast in the restaurant, wouldn't a plat/gold get the 750 points for no breakfast in the lounge?
IIRC, the terms explicitly exclude rates that include breakfast. So no points
Old Jun 14, 17, 2:28 am
Suspended

Courtyard Munich Centre

Breakfast provided to Plats only, otherwise E22/person.
Old Jun 18, 17, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Ulle View Post
Hi,
I have an update from this past weekend (April 16th) on
1) Leipzig Marriott, Leizpig, Germany.
2) Lounge open all weekend, but breakfast is served in the restaurant only on Saturdays and Sundays.
Full breakfast allowed, appeared on bill, but was removed without problems. You might want to check before if you´re considering mobile checkout. Lounge is still open, so it can be accessed for drinks including tea/coffee or some quiet time (with all the breakfast guests now in the restaurant).
This seems like another "improvement". They usually allowed both breakfast in the lounge or restaurant, then limited breakfast to the lounge. Now, it is breakfast in the lounge weekdays and full breakfast in the restaurant on weekends only.
If Sat and Sun breakfast is in the restaurant, is there no food of any kind in the evenings? I suppose especially Fri and Sat.
Old Jun 18, 17, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
If Sat and Sun breakfast is in the restaurant, is there no food of any kind in the evenings? I suppose especially Fri and Sat.
Some properties are still open for evening snacks, but switch breakfast to the restaurant vs. the lounge on the weekends. It's not unusual. Since you'll be staying at the property soon, please do a trip report in the property thread in the forum. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 17, 10:56 am

Dubai lapita parks - breakfast buffe in resturant for plat, dont know for gold
Old Jun 18, 17, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME the typical case is that there's no food at all on what are considered weekend evenings, which might or might not include Sunday night also. For example, the lounge could be totally locked up from about noon on Friday until the next scheduled food service in the lounge. Other lounges can be accessed by key cards for water, coffee, etc., which might not be restocked until the next scheduled food service.
Old Jun 18, 17, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
IME the typical case is that there's no food at all on what are considered weekend evenings, which might or might not include Sunday night also. For example, the lounge could be totally locked up from about noon on Friday until the next scheduled food service in the lounge. Other lounges can be accessed by key cards for water, coffee, etc., which might not be restocked until the next scheduled food service.
It's an int'l property that Xeno is referencing (Leipzig Marriott Germany). A # of int'l properties will offer brekkie in the restaurant on the weekends while still offering evening appetizers in the lounge.

Xeno is quoting a report from a year ago (April 2016) on the property, where before a guest had the option of breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge on the weekend & said now weekend breakfast is in the restaurant. Report from March 2017 in the property thread shows that there are evening snacks on the weekends in the exec lounge, although the hotel's website is showing it's closed/open for breakfast only. Don't know if it's changed since March 2017 or if the website is wrong. Hopefully Xeno will do an update in the property thread or this thread w/ the exec lounge info after her stay in a few weeks.

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 17, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks for the compliment, Sharon, but Xeno is a male!

I guess I will learn my fate upon arrival at the Leipzig Marriott next Wednesday, but I was trying to sort out some meal plans with friends in advance.
Old Jun 18, 17, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the compliment, Sharon, but Xeno is a male!

I guess I will learn my fate upon arrival at the Leipzig Marriott next Wednesday, but I was trying to sort out some meal plans with friends in advance.
Sorry about that (re: male/female). Once you stay at the property, please do an oveall trip report in the property thread: (see link below). It's been a while & not a lot of details so that would come in much more handy, especially since trip reports encompass more than the exec lounge & it would come up easier on search if someone wants an update on the property overall.

Leipzig Marriott

Cheers.
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:50 am

Stayed at the Seattle Waterfront Marriott May 29-31.

The lounge is currently closed for renovation into an M Lounge. The new lounge will be on the first floor, and the former lounge area is being renovated into rooms.

Plat breakfast was the full buffet in the restaurant, and there were (poorly refilled) snacks in a side area of the restaurant in the evening.
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Southdown13 View Post
1) San Francisco, CA - San Francisco Marriott Union Square
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends
3) No Coupons
4) Not key accessible
5) One terminal and printer
6) 12-1-11
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
Still accurate as of 9/8/16. Not sure of the Plat gift as I'm a lowly Gold.

Looking for update for Summer 2017?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: