Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Virginia/Williamsburg / Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection /

My wife and sister-in-law spent the weekend and the upcharge for the Sunday Brunch is $10. Other days it is $5, as previously reported.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Domes of Elounda

Crete, Greece.
Free and really good buffet breakfast served to all guests. If you are staying in the lower villas the breakfast is served in the Tholos restaurant near reception. If you are staying in the upper villas the breakfast is served in the Italian restaurant, Blend, next to the lounge. Champagne and Bloody Mary bar included.
The lounge is open 24 hours with hot and cold apps throughout the day. Free beer and wine. Nespresso espresso machine and Nespresso filtered coffee machine. Two computers, one P C and one Mac plus one printer.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
* San Diego / Marriott Mission Valley / CLOSED Weekends & Holidays: New Years, Memorial, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas; Open for brekkie only on Sat/Sun mornings; 03/13/15 update

Sat/Sun: Open for breakfast 7-10am. opens at 6am weekdays. Major renovation in process and the lounge will be relocated from the 16th floor to the ground level. 5/28/2017
Old May 28, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
London Heathrow Marriott -- Lounge is closed for construction. The signs say, they are constructing an M-Club. From the looks of it, it will be on the 1st floor immediately to the right of the Front Desk.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:36 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Minneapolis / Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection / CLOSED; NO CERTS OFFERED!!! I got them as a one time exception since "you didn't know". Complaint sent to Marriott and still awaiting explanation
Old May 29, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Niagara Falls / Marriott on the Falls / CLOSED Weekends, New Years Day, Easter, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, Boxing Day; Full breakfast in restaurant; i-net terminals; elite+1 not enforced in off-season but is enforced during high season; $5 charge for brekkie & evening for additional guests beyond elite+1; certs given for the additional guests; 12/13/16 update

from 04/29/17: They give coupons for the primary guest, one per day for breakfast and afternoon hors d'oevres each. During times of lounge closure, the breakfast coupon is still valid for the full-buffet restaurant, nothing different there.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by United747
Minneapolis / Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection / CLOSED; NO CERTS OFFERED!!! I got them as a one time exception since "you didn't know". Complaint sent to Marriott and still awaiting explanation
Sounds like the FDC didn't know! I just talked to the property & they said when the lounge is closed, elites get full breakfast in the restaurant. Also, if they had not given you the cert they would have been on the hook for $100 for the breakfast guarantee.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by mmayer
London Heathrow Marriott -- Lounge is closed for construction. The signs say, they are constructing an M-Club. From the looks of it, it will be on the 1st floor immediately to the right of the Front Desk.
Gold/Plats get free breakfast at the Cast Iron Restaurant. The front desk will provide a voucher for a drink (house beer, wine, softdrink) and a small platter of appetizers. Guests can receive more than one voucher on request.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Sounds like the FDC didn't know! I just talked to the property & they said when the lounge is closed, elites get full breakfast in the restaurant. Also, if they had not given you the cert they would have been on the hook for $100 for the breakfast guarantee.

Cheers.
It took two tries with Marriott customer service, but got a nice apology and some points for the trouble.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:59 am

Marriott Downtown Philadelphia

lounge open for breakfast Saturday and Sunday, 7am-11am

The attendant screened everyone entering. I saw him tell two different parties access was limited and extra guests would be charged. First time I ever saw this.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
Marriott Downtown Philadelphia

lounge open for breakfast Saturday and Sunday, 7am-11am

The attendant screened everyone entering. I saw him tell two different parties access was limited and extra guests would be charged. First time I ever saw this.
Big events at the convention center sometimes invite extra lounge screening.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Minneapolis Airport Marriott MSP

Concierge Lounge is open during the week but closed on weekends (not simply CLOSED all the time as indicated in the OP).

When lounge is closed, they give Golds and Plats coupons for the big full breakfast buffet in the restaurant, including hot items (plus the 750 points for lounge closure).

Front desk clerk seemed confused, but she stated that the lounge was for Golds and Plats (and not those who book club level rooms). Until a few days ago, club level rooms were being sold on the website for this weekend but not any longer.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by ntamayo
Big events at the convention center sometimes invite extra lounge screening.
And there was a huge event at the hotel as well.

It was interesting to watch and listen to the exchanges. The attendant was very professional with his response and stayed on point.

Personally, I was wondering about our party. Hubby is PP (and has been for years) we were travelling with two 11-yos. We had two rooms booked. Over our two night stay, the attendant just checked us in.

Could it be they can see annual spending or other qualifiers on their system allowing them to make case by case exceptions?

This was a points stay. Maybe we were upgraded to club level? I know it wasn't a club level room when I made the reservations.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
MSPEconomist, FDC must have been confused, as it's breakfast or 750 pts when lounge is closed on the weekends.

I just called the MSP Marriott, might have gotten the same confused FDC because she had a couple of dif answers on cont'l vs. full, put me on hold to ask someone, & then said the voucher is for cont'l w/ $4 up charge to full breakfast (which matches the last report of a couple of years ago). If you're staying at the property this weekend, would appreciate an update on what the actual situation is. Thx!

PS - When a lounge is listed as closed, the following applies (the very first part of the first post in this thread): "To avoid confusion: CLOSED on weekends means the lounge shuts down around noon on Friday & doesn't re-open until 5:00pm on Sunday (w/ the exception of some Middle East countries, whose weekends are on dif days). OPEN means that the lounge is still open for brekkie and evening offerings of food and drink Fri night, all day Sat & all day Sun. KEY ACCESSIBLE means the lounge is closed, but you can still enter with your room key to use the internet terminal or grab a soda or bottled water."

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:52 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Berlin Marriott

Exec Lounge only, otherwise E32/person in restaurant
M-F 0630 - 1030
S-S 0700 - 1100

Cold/hot buffet (M-S) 1730 - 2030
Wine/beer 1730 - 2300

Open until 2400

Rule says children under 14 only allowed if accompanied by adult - not enforced

1+1 rule is a joke !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.