Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by mizznj
* Sawgrass / Marriott / No Lounge, but they give free breakfast for 2 in at their Buffet breakfast and then you have a free use of the SPA, fitness center, etc. They also said they give free internet but that is standard; 7/10 update

Stayed there for 10 nights in 2009 and received breakfast coupons. Stay there for 6 nights last month and was told that they discontinued the coupon system and to charge breakfast to my room and it would be adjusted- which it was.

Just checked out today from a 3 night stay and was told at check out that since they are a "resort" they decided to do away with this perk effective Aug 1. Would have been nice to mention this at check in and not leave me holding the bag for $114 and change for 6 breakfast buffets.
See that is odd, I just recalled the resort and talked with a res agent and he said we would get free breakfast and when I told him someone just had an issue with it he said he would put a note in my reservation. I'll let you know the latest update when we are there at the end of the month.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Spoke w/ the GM of the Baronnette Renaissance & just updated the thread re: the property. Will also update the listing in post # 1 of this thread.

Cheers.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Premier, WN A-List/CP, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt Platinum
Ft Lauderdale / Marriott North

Ft Lauderdale / Marriott North /
CLOSED
Breakfast coupons valid for all parties in the room
No access
Unknown wireless
7/10 update
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
See that is odd, I just recalled the resort and talked with a res agent and he said we would get free breakfast and when I told him someone just had an issue with it he said he would put a note in my reservation. I'll let you know the latest update when we are there at the end of the month.
I spoke to Lisa in accounting today who was kind enough to reverse the breakfast charges due to the lack of communication. She did however reconfirm their move to standardize the amenities offered there to other "Resorts" in the chain.

There is no doubt that this decision will greatly impact the 20 -25 nights we spend there each year. I am already looking at moving our Christmas week reservation to Fernandina Beach

Trekwars2000 - Based on my conversation today, I'd be shocked if, because of the transition, they weren't extremely accommodating to you as well
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:30 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
It constantly amazes me how the full service hotels, spurred on by Marriott, eliminate the weekend service, or eliminate coupons, in a supposed cost cutting move, thereby losing a chunk of business altogether! Makes no sense!

Of course, rhetorical, but what would they prefer, rooms reserved by elite guests where the hotel has to comp free breakfast, or no rooms reserved by those same elite guests because there is no breakfast comped?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by USirritated
It constantly amazes me how the full service hotels, spurred on by Marriott, eliminate the weekend service, or eliminate coupons, in a supposed cost cutting move, thereby losing a chunk of business altogether! Makes no sense!

Of course, rhetorical, but what would they prefer, rooms reserved by elite guests where the hotel has to comp free breakfast, or no rooms reserved by those same elite guests because there is no breakfast comped?
And that conversation would be worthy of a thread in the general Marriott forum. THIS thread is to report lounge open/closed/coupons, etc.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
1) Woodbridge, NJ, Renaissance
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends.
3) Breakfast coupons are given without guest asking if lounge is closed.
4) If the lounge is closed, it's not room key accessible.
5) No idea if the exec lounge offers free internet or whether it's terminals or wireless.
6) August 20-22, 2010

Bruce
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Milwaukee Marriott West
Closed on weekends
Buffett breakfast comped when requested
Not accessible via room key when closed
Unsure about internet terminals
8/22
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I can add that I requested/got breakfast coupons at Marriott San Mateo, CA.

In no way encouraging discussion, but want to say: They also provide in-room "regular" sized (500ml/16.9oz) bottles of water, not the minis that are all too common these days. And it's such a shame their airport shuttle only runs till 9pm, otherwise I'd stay more often.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:41 pm

1) Toronto - Marriott Eaton Centre
2) Closed
3) No
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) 8/31/10
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Renaissance Providence

1) Renaissance Providence
2) Lounge closed on weekends, not accessible via key
3) No breakfast coupons
4) One internet terminal and printer
5) Aug. 21-23 stay
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
1.Dallas/ Fort Worth Marriott Solana
2. Closed
3. no coupon
4. no access
5. dont know
6. 8/23

Renaissane Dallas lounge still closed coupon given.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:52 pm

Update on the JW Marriott in Seoul

1) Seoul, Korea - JW Marriott
2) Lounge is Open on weekends (opens at 0600 for breakfast);
3) N/A
4) N/A
5) 3 computer terminals with internet and printers as well as wireless (not sure if wireless is free - internet is included in my room rate and you need to type your name/room # when accessing the wireless with your own computer)
6) Aug 2010

Last edited by eastnortheast; Aug 29, 2010 at 6:29 am Reason: changed # of computers available in lounge
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
1.) Wichita Marriott Kansas
2.)closed
3.)coupons
4.)locked
5.)PC in the lounge
6.)8/28

Update:

1.)Renaissance Dallas
2.)closed
3.)Coupons
4.)locked
5.)PC in lounge
6.)7/19
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by mizznj
I spoke to Lisa in accounting today who was kind enough to reverse the breakfast charges due to the lack of communication. She did however reconfirm their move to standardize the amenities offered there to other "Resorts" in the chain.

There is no doubt that this decision will greatly impact the 20 -25 nights we spend there each year. I am already looking at moving our Christmas week reservation to Fernandina Beach

Trekwars2000 - Based on my conversation today, I'd be shocked if, because of the transition, they weren't extremely accommodating to you as well
So I checked in here (Sawgrass Marriott) yesterday and they said breakfast was no longer free as of Aug 1 (as you said). After letting the front desk agent know when I booked the room in July and recalled two weeks ago to confirm about free breakfast, and was told it was still free, he said it would be taken care of for us. They did the right thing, but once again why stay here when you can stay other places that do comp the breakfast (like Panama City Marriott).

Long story short, breakfast is still definitally not free here, but I can confirm that use of the spa/health center is free for plats and I think all elites (becuase the spa front desk just asked to see my key and when seeing that it had the elite emblem said "welcome".

So the post for the hotel is accurate in the first post of the thread, but do you mind adding back that Plats get Spa access (which my wife has explained to me is a pretty big deal and is very happy about it )

Last edited by trekwars2000; Aug 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.