Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Marriott on the Falls (Niagara Falls Ontario)

Update, Marriott on the Falls, Niagara Falls Ontario: Lounge closed on Friday night to Sunday morning. Told that lounge not accessible when not open (but did not try). Comped full buffet in Milestones Restaurant on Saturday and Sunday morning. Decent restaurant buffet far superior to mediocre lounge fare.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 27, 2016 at 10:33 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:32 pm

Groton / Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa / CLOSED; Open Monday evening-Friday morning; Full breakfast in restaurant; can also cash in breakfast coupons if you do not use them (unsure of value)

Breakfast very good, would take it over the lounge any day.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Nashville / Renaissance / CLOSED Weekends, Thanksgiving & Christmas; cont'l brekkie in restaurant; I-net terminal; 11/22/15 update

Key accessible during day, the rest above is accurate as of stay 10/27/16
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlaiseBOS
Pennsylvania

Philadelphia Airport Renaissance
Closed.
No coupons anymore, even on request ("all the Marriotts have eliminated them" said the front desk). Contrary to very recent post indicating otherwise.
April 12, 2013 update.
Update:
Stayed Philadelphia Airport Renaissance 10/28-30 weekend.
Lounge closed.
Coupons for continental breakfast in the restaurant, with $3/person upgrade to full buffet with omelette station.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA 2MM+; China Southern Gold VIP, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador
Charlotte Renaissance Southpark

Lounge still closed on weekends.
They do offer (without me asking first) either
a) breakfast
b) 500 points

Originally Posted by iztok
Charlotte / Renaissance Southpark / CLOSED; if you ask nicely, you might get breakfast coupons; 2/12 update

Today I asked nicely as it would make the difference where I stay and they said "no".

I guess this was more of a one time deal than regular practice. So I would move this one to "no coupons". 9/21/2012 update.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Renaissance Allentown Hotel

1) Renaissance Allentown Hotel, Allentown PA
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
**Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant (w/ an upcharge from cont'l; $5)
3) Lounge is room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
4) Info was valid (11/6/2016)
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Teaneck / Marriott at Glenpointe

Stayed in mid-October. Lounge is an M Lounge on the ground floor. It is open 24-7, with soft drinks and limited snacks at all times. Breakfast is served in the lounge every day. There is a Starbucks machine. At check-in I was told that the one guest (beyond the elite member) would be rigorously enforced, and that names/room numbers would be checked by the attendants. This was definitely NOT the case.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
I received an email from the Lexington NYC as my stay begins tonight:

As a platinum member, we are happy to provide the following complimentary amenities:

· Your choice of either 500 points or a $10.00 Food and Beverage Credit
· Continental Breakfast served Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 9:30am in the Mixing Room located just off the Living Room and Saturday – Sunday, 7:00am to 10:00am
· Complimentary High Speed Internet
· 2 bottled waters upon arrival; complimentary refills given upon request

They bolded that section in the email themselves so must be a new policy.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:06 am

Marriott Westchester: As a Gold checking in this weekend, I given coupons for Continental Breakfast for two ($13.95 list price pp) and told there was a $5 up charge to the full buffet.

I was also given a $10 Platinum F&B coupon which covered our up charge for one of our two nights, but I believe that was because I had made nice with the woman who checked us in, and not because of standard hotel policy.

The buffet was exceedingly average.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Las Vegas Renaissance updated Nov. 2016

* Las Vegas / Renaissance Las Vegas / CLOSED; free wireless in lounge & 1 i-net terminal; not key accessible on weekends but is key accessible during the week inbetween morning & evening offerings; Full brekkie in restaurant; 05/16 update

Now OPEN on weekends for Breakfast (only) closes at 10am - same time as mid-week. Includes bacon and eggs. No access after 10am on weekend.

The lounge is packed for weekend Breakfast. I am seeing a trend here - with so many people eligible for the free breakfast on the weekend, the restaurants are being overwhelmed. So some hotels are now opening the lounges for breakfast.

Last edited by cova; Nov 12, 2016 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:09 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Marriott Rancho Cordova, CA /Sacramento - update 11/12/16
Lounge remains closed on weekends EXCEPT open for breakfast 8A - 10:30A.
Therefore no longer does property give Plats comp. bkfst. buffet vouchers to restaurant.

Service on weekends: full continental items (i.e., juice, hot & cold cereal, danish/muffins/bagels breads for toasting) and two hot items (scrambled eggs and french toast today).

[Per property FD, repeat guest feedback was that weekend bkfst lounge access preferred over restaurant buffet access.] Lounge is locked on weekends except for bkfst. hours.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm seeing that same trend as well with lounge being open for breakfast only on weekends instead of giving restaurant voucher. My main issue with that is the lounge closes earlier than the hotel breakfast, which is typically up until noon on weekends. Also seen some of the lounge offerings be a lot more sparse than the main hotel offering.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Thumbs down Ren Boston Waterfront Update: Renovations?

Just got this message. Uggh. Any suggestions since when I booked it the lounge was not going to be closed for those date ranges?

Please note: Club Lounge closed from 12noon Nov 18 2016 to 6:30am Nov 28 2016 and again from 12noon Dec 16 2016 to 6:30am Jan 2 2017
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by voweffekt
Just got this message. Uggh. Any suggestions since when I booked it the lounge was not going to be closed for those date ranges?

Please note: Club Lounge closed from 12noon Nov 18 2016 to 6:30am Nov 28 2016 and again from 12noon Dec 16 2016 to 6:30am Jan 2 2017
My guess is Holidays. Business travel is light those weeks and lounges are often closed. Usually the weekend lounge policy is in effect. Call hotel to confirm.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well they will have to provide you with breakfast vouchers for two daily (or points) during your stay when the lounge is closed. If it is a significant portion of your trip, I would call and explain that you booked the hotel in part due to the lounge access, and request that you are provided some additional benefit. The least they can do is provide complimentary waters daily and not upcharge for the hotel restaurant breakfast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.