Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Clearwater Beach / Marriott Suites on Sand Key / NO LOUNGE; Continental brekkie in restaurant; 09/16 update

Just finished a 2 night paid stay over Labor Day weekend. 5 in our party. Received 6 vouchers for continental breakfast only, not full. Upgrade to full breakfast for $5.00. Server said there are vouchers for full breakfast and vouchers for continental breakfast depending on rate purchased. My rate did not include breakfast.

Last edited by NWstu; Sep 7, 2016 at 8:55 am Reason: More info
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
A few updates.

Richmond / Vancouver Airport Marriott / CLOSED Weekends & All Holidays; Full breakfast in restaurant (also on weekdays in the bar area which is reserved for elites). 8/16 update

Ventura / Marriott / CLOSED Weekends & Holidays; Cont'l brekkie in restaurant; $4.30 upcharge to full brekkie; 8/16 Update

Budapest / Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; Full breakfast in restaurant. 08/16 update

Budapest / Marriott / OPEN; i-net terminals+wifi; generous evening servings and great outdoor patio. Breakfast also available in the restaurant. 09/16 update

Vienna / Renaissance Wien (near Schonbrunn) / NO Lounge; Full breakfast in restaurant. 9/16 update
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Unhappy Newport Beach/Marriott Bayview

Newport Beach/Marriott Bayview/NO LOUNGE/Coupons for Elite + 1 for Continental Breakfast. $7 up charge for full buffet

In the restaurant the servers talked about the 'new coupons' so presumably the $7 up charge is relatively new. Confusingly, they still give you a cheque for the full $25 breakfast charge to sign for, even if you show them the coupon before ordering. I and I heard a few others, refused to sign for it and asked for a revised cheque, which never appeared. When reminded, I was told that the there was no need to sign for anything as my room had been charged $7 !!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
San Diego / Marriott Del Mar / OPEN weekends as of one week ago

Only went in for full breakfast but definitely open now.
I'm pretty certain it's available in the evenings as well.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by milesmutt
San Diego / Marriott Del Mar / OPEN weekends as of one week ago

Only went in for full breakfast but definitely open now.
I'm pretty certain it's available in the evenings as well.
Thanks for the heads up. I called the property & it's open for brekkie daily, but evenings Sun-Thurs. I've updated the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
* Asheville / Grand Bohemian, Autograph Collection /Cont'l brekkie for Golds/Plats; 09/19/15 update

Accurate as of stay 9/17. However, I might clarify 'Cont'l breakfast' isn't a buffet but rather a set item on the menu.

Side note - Sharon - you are awesome and thanks for continuing to update this sticky! I use it constantly and try to contribute whenever possible.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:29 pm

Montreal

Montreal Chateau Champlain is now $11 up charge for full buffet.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Marriott Wardman Park (DC)

Stayed for 2 nights at the Wardman Park. It's an average (if very large-sized) Marriott. The lounge is on the 10th floor of the Center tower (just across from the elevator bank). At check-in, got this card that gave the lounge hours. It says:

Sunday-Thursday
6:30am-9am
Hors d'Oeuvres
5:30pm-7:30pm
Dessert
7:30pm-10:00pm

Friday
6:30am-9:00am

Saturday
6:30am-10:00am

I was only there during the week, so it wasn't clear to me whether it was open during the weekends. Also, just to be clear, the lounge was definitely open during non-breakfast/non-evening hours as well (to grab a soda and such).

However, one of the most annoying things was that they had no water bottles at all out for drinking. At any of the 4 or so times I visited. Unlike every other lounge I've been to, this one had none. The first time I asked if they had water, and they provided me a couple of the regular small bottles. The next time they didn't have any out (nor subsequent times), and I just gave up and bought a gallon at the local CVS (right across street by the Metro subway stop). Not worth the hassle but really annoying.

They had a sign at the door about the elite + 1 guest. However, no one was checking, and clearly there were some families who had come in with more than one guest.

The breakfast was okay, but there was no bacon or sausage like a lot of lounges have. There were scrambled eggs (pretty good IMO) as well as hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, a platter of meats (including smoked salmon on one of the mornings), bagels/croissants/mini muffins/English muffins, etc. Overall the room itself was decent and the food was decent, just the lack of water freely available was an annoyance.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by ssafro1
* Houston / Marriott West Loop by The Galleria / CLOSED; key accessible; Plats get breakfast in restaurant; 01/13 update

Accurate; Stay 3/13/14
Update: As of 9/18/16, Lounge closed for breakfast but open for bottled water; Golds got full breakfast in restaurant (regular price is $21 per person).
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
London / Marriott Maida Vale

* London / Marriott Maida Vale / OPEN (may be closed on holidays); Lounge currently under renovation (to be completed in July 2016);temp lounge currently located on mezzanine level above restaurant; 07/18/16 update

As of today, the lounge is still in the temp location. In fact, there seems to be a LOT of renovation work being done at the hotel. Best I can tell, floors 3 and 4 are closed (stairwell has signs on the doors declaring them hard hat areas).

Breakfast is served every day in the restaurant, nothing in the lounge. They do check room numbers.

Lounge is open every day, 0600-2400, but no evening food or drinks on Friday or Saturday. You can, however, get complimentary beer and wine (house versions) in the bar if you mention being eligible for the lounge. In fact, on Saturday when we asked for two glasses of wine to take back to the room the bartender gave us two glasses and a whole bottle of wine

Lounge also says it is open for afternoon tea every day. This seems to mean they put out chocolate brownies, as coffee, tea, water, sodas, fruit drinks are always available.

There is a terminal there and it tends to be quiet and not very crowded, all of which are nice features.

Unfortunately, the beers are Foster's, Beck's and Stella. Yellow, fizzy beers, one and all

No key needed to access. Just walk into the restaurant and up the stairs. We were even able to get up there Sunday night, when the restaurant was closed.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA -- Million Miler; AA -- Gold; HH -- Gold; SPG -- Gold; Marriott -- Gold; Hyatt -- Platinum
New Orleans / Q&C HotelBar Update

1) New Orleans, LA USA: Q&C HotelBar Autograph Collection
2) No lounge; choice of points or free breakfast in the restaurant for Gold Members. Front Desk Agent must give you coupons for each person's breakfast. My Front Desk Agent forgot to give us the coupons and it caused a little delay in being able to order breakfast the next morning.
3) NA since there is no lounge.
4) NA since there is no lounge.
5) Stayed here for one night 08/31.

Breakfast menu attached. We could order anything we wanted. We each had a main breakfast dish plus we shared a starter of beignets. Photo of menu attached.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:58 am

Pittsburgh Renaissance

Pittsburgh, PA/Renaissance/Choice of 750 points or voucher for continental breakfast (somewhat limited, but nice fruit and yogurt). Voucher also can be applied for $10.00 towards price of excellent full buffet ($19.95 on Saturdays and $21.95 on Sundays)./Update 9/24/2016.

Last edited by kgahome; Sep 25, 2016 at 6:49 am
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:21 am

Munich / Courtyard East:
No complementary breakfast anymore.

Seems to be valid for all Courtyards - can someone confirm?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I wonder why nobody created a wikipost.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:58 am

Given the breakfast policy change at the Munich / Courtyard East, I wrote an email to the Munich / Courtyard City Center.
They are still offering complementary breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.