Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Updated the list. Thanks all! And smithwis, welcome to FT & thanks for your post!

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
1) New York, NY - Renaissance New York Hotel 57
2) Closed - sort of (well, if you've been you will know how it works, but there's no b'fast service)
3) I got coupons, but I don't believe it's standard
4) lounge area is open - there are water bottles which, afaik, anyone can grab, though most don't know to. no key card needed most of the time, except for b'fast service in the week
5) free wireless in lounge area/lobby area
6) 6/10
Got coupons twice on weekends w/o asking, looks like standard policy to me.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Marriott St Louis Airport

1) St Louis / Marriott St Louis Airport
2) CLOSED
3) [don't know]
4) NOT key accessible
5) One terminal & printer; NO lounge wifi
6) 8/10

I didn't stay over the weekend, but chatted with the attendant about their weekend policies. Sorry, forgot to ask about coupons!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT PLATIUM
indonesia/ jw marriott jakarta/ open 7 days/ free breakfast/ and wifi

Last edited by bdschobel; Aug 11, 2010 at 3:54 pm Reason: removed giant quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:36 pm

Indonesia/jw marriott/medan/ 2 computer in the lounge with printer for free/open all week
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Emerald Exec Elite
Sawgrass Change

* Sawgrass / Marriott / No Lounge, but they give free breakfast for 2 in at their Buffet breakfast and then you have a free use of the SPA, fitness center, etc. They also said they give free internet but that is standard; 7/10 update

Stayed there for 10 nights in 2009 and received breakfast coupons. Stay there for 6 nights last month and was told that they discontinued the coupon system and to charge breakfast to my room and it would be adjusted- which it was.

Just checked out today from a 3 night stay and was told at check out that since they are a "resort" they decided to do away with this perk effective Aug 1. Would have been nice to mention this at check in and not leave me holding the bag for $114 and change for 6 breakfast buffets.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:45 pm

Executive lounge

in grece the lounge is open dayly until midnight
only from friday to sunday no breakfast in the lounge
but you get a better one in the restaurant from friday
to sunday.
for the cocktail hour, free beverage ,only beer and wine
all ather drinks whisky or water in bottle, you have to pay.

i stay today in the ledra marriott i never see this bevore.

Last edited by KLAUS11; Aug 12, 2010 at 3:54 pm
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: MR Plat
1) London, UK. Grosvenor Square Marriott
2) OPEN
3) Lounge open
4) Lounge open
5) free WiFi and one Laptop to use for guests, did not see a printer though
6) 08/10

Looks like the GS Marriott (not GH) is indeed not listed yet. Actually quite a good lounge, although located in the basement.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

* Novi / Baronette Renaissance Hotel / No Lounge; COUPONS ;Gold/Platinum Elite - Room will be given with dry snacks/fruits and drinks; 05/10 update

Update: here right now and no coupons for Platinums for the restaurant on weekends. The restaurant also does not offer buffets - although the hotel does have weekend Stay for Breakfast rates. I asked the restaurant what they do and got a vague answer.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:27 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
8/14 Update

Originally Posted by leatherheadiowa
1) Seattle, Washington, Seattle Marriott Airport
2) Lounge is Open Sunday evening through Friday Noon
3) Coupons offered. ($10 off breakfast buffet, offered at checkin, to be picked up in the morning, when asked for.)
4) Lounge locked tight
5) Lounge Locked tight
6) date you know the info was valid: 6/26/10

**VERY RUDE CS AGENT NAMED SOK. SHE ACTED AS IF THE VOUCHERS AND THE FUNDS WE COMING OUT OF HER POCKET. SHE WAS A NASTY WITCH TO BE POLITE! HER GM WILL BE GETTING A CALL.
No coupons given, even after I requested them. I'm on the 7th floor (the lounge is on the 8th) so I'm not going to bother to look and see if the lounge is unlocked.

The same CS agent checked me in; she was pleasant enough but I had to explain to her what an EEO BOGO was when I checked in.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 15, 2010 at 7:38 am
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond | Delta: Gold | Marriott: Platinum | IHG: Platinum
Originally Posted by username
* Novi / Baronette Renaissance Hotel / No Lounge; COUPONS ;Gold/Platinum Elite - Room will be given with dry snacks/fruits and drinks; 05/10 update

Update: here right now and no coupons for Platinums for the restaurant on weekends. The restaurant also does not offer buffets - although the hotel does have weekend Stay for Breakfast rates. I asked the restaurant what they do and got a vague answer.
How strange! I was just there two weeks ago and was given a $20 Voucher to use at the Restaurant as well as a Free Appetizer. I was given them because of my Gold Status and even upgraded to the Club Level.

Last edited by ndrew1; Aug 14, 2010 at 3:26 pm Reason: 2 Quotes
Old Aug 15, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ndrew1
How strange! I was just there two weeks ago and was given a $20 Voucher to use at the Restaurant as well as a Free Appetizer. I was given them because of my Gold Status and even upgraded to the Club Level.
Apparently the GM of this hotel reads FT so maybe he can address this. I got nothing other than a room on the 3rd floor (which I think is the Concierge Level). No vouchers for the restaurant - dinner or otherwise. The restaurant is actually pretty interesting - not too expensive, interesting food but the service was slow and not great.

I am using the Weekend BOGO coupon (which amazingly they processed correctly - many hotels can't do it correctly the first time - even though they had no idea what it was when I handed it in at check-in). Maybe that has something to do with it? $109 for 2 nights, I am not complaining.

I asked the clerk when I checked out. They definitely do not give anything on weekends. If one pays the "breakfast included" rate, then one would get the $20 coupon. On weekdays, the Plat/Gold breakfast coupon is good for a continental breakfast in the restaurant. The rooms on the 3rd floor are stocked with some soda, water, a bag of chip and some nuts - they are free!

Last edited by username; Aug 15, 2010 at 8:06 pm
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am thinking of staying at least 1 night at the Milan Marriott Hotel in Oct. It will be on a Sat night. The question is whether the lounge is open on weekends?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
1) Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
2) Open on weekends (door never locked), not staffed on weekends, but cooler with sodas and water available.
3) No coupons.
4) Door was never closed.
5) No charge for Internet access in the entire hotel that I can tell, but certainly not for golds/plats.
6) Checked out this morning, 8/15/2010.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

Also, I'll PM the GM of the Baronette Renaissance to get a clarification on the weekend policy.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.