Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NDN
Wow. I'm never staying there! So there is a Platinum-only lounge? Can you decline it and get the 1000 points M-F? Do Gold's get 1000 points M-F?
I contacted the hotel directly. The exec lounge is not just for Plats but is for both Gold/Plats. It is open M-F & closed on the weekends. The property is one of the 14 in the US that does not provide cont'l brekkie on the weekends when the lounge is closed, but provides 1,000 points instead. Hope that clarifies. Any further discussions re: lounge & points should go in the property thread. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:22 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I contacted the hotel directly. The exec lounge is not just for Plats but is for both Gold/Plats. It is open M-F & closed on the weekends. The property is one of the 14 in the US that does not provide cont'l brekkie on the weekends when the lounge is closed, but provides 1,000 points instead. Hope that clarifies. Any further discussions re: lounge & points should go in the property thread. Thx!

Cheers.
I still would never stay there. I can't eat any of the continental breakfast they serve; weekday stays would be pointless.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
New Orleans/Renaissance Arts - no lounge. Offered choice of 750 points or $15 restaurant/bar voucher per room per day.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:48 am

Seattle Waterfront Marriott

Seattle Waterfront Marriott

Lounge summer hours include breakfast on Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 - 11 am. Closes at noon Fri, Sat, Sun

Last edited by CommercialDrive; Jun 22, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown

Continental breakfast hours:
M-F: 6:30am to 9:00am
Weekend: 6:30am to 10:00am
Elite+1 enforced at the entrance

Evenings:
Sun-Thursday 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Hors d'oeuvres

Card with current hours given at checkin contradicts hours on the hotel website.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Ghent Marriott (Belgium)

Info still valid - and still probably the cheapest continental breakfast offered throughout the Marriott system - and don't bother asking for another cup of coffee as hell will freeze over before you'll get it.

Oh, the E5 drink voucher with hors-d'oeuve turns out to be soup crackers - what a joke.

Left yesterday.

Last edited by leeky; Jun 22, 2015 at 8:08 am
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:00 am
Suspended

L' Hermitage Gantois (in Lille, France)

Full breakfast provided
Upgraded to Hermitage Suite prior to arrival.
In addition to PAG points, GM also sent over a bottle of wine + a dish of Belgium chocolates and a carafe of port.

Here now.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
* Asheville / Renaissance / Closed Weekends & Holidays / Breakfast is not served in the lounge even during the week; it's served in the restaurant & you're limited to cold items; 11/13/14 update

Checked in today. There is no lounge. The desk clerk said they removed it because of the number of complaints, which she implied was because they could not keep it stocked to the satisfaction of Gold/Platinum MR members. Choice offered between 750 points and continental breakfast in the restaurant.

Add to the removal of amenities, there are problems with parking - circled the lot twice before finding a space - and the prices are rather high (I got a good AAA rate by booking seven months ago). It also appears to be a Category 8 now, which makes it the same as the Glasshouse in Edinburgh and the Marriott Opera Paris.

Were it not for the fact that I have to be at the Diana Wortham Theatre the next couple of days (it's a block away), there would really be no reason to stay here.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:26 am
Suspended

Hotel de Borgtheroulde, Autograph Collection in Rouen, France.

Info still valid as of today.

I'll write up a fuller report on this place to which I'd never return for so many reasons.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Called all the full service properties in:

* Georgia
* Colorado

and updated the sticky.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 25, 2015 at 12:35 pm Reason: add CO to GA...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
* Falls Church / Fairview Park Marriott / CLOSED; Full buffet brekkie in restaurant/name on list

Lounge is now closed during the week. In addition to full breakfast buffet for two in restaurant, 200 points were given for no evening food.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:49 am

* Lucerne / Renaissance / No exec lounge (but one for all guests); breakfast in lounge (unless busy, then in restaurant); unattended lounge has coffee/tea/water; 06/02/13 update

-As of June/15, breakfast is served in the main restaurant, vouchers are provided but strictly elite +1

-For JW Marriott Shenzhen Bao'an (a new hotel), lounge is open during weekend. But it is not ready for breakfast so breakfast in restaurant everyday (June/15)

* Guangzhou / Marriott Tianhe / OPEN; free wifi (per website); 10/07/14 update

-the above is still correct, options of breakfast in lounge and restaurant (June/15)

* Macau / JW Marriott / OPEN (per website); 05/28/15 update
- open also on weekend, options of breakfast in lounge (better atmosphere and service (e.g. refill your glasses regularly)) and restaurant(very large amount of choices but VERY crowded) (June/15)
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Mexico City / Marriott Reforma / OPEN; 09/30/14 update

Still accurate as of stay 6/26.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Am currently at Marriott in Durham, NC at Research Triangle Park. The concierge lounge was open for breakfast only on Saturday and Sunday.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
* Rio De Janiero / JW Marriott / OPEN; 2-inet terminals+printer; 01/05/15 update

Still accurate as of 7/4/15 except I only see 1-inet terminal now.

Last edited by ssafro1; Jul 4, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.