FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

ndrew1 Jul 27, 2010 9:11 pm

1.) East Lansing, Michigan/East Lansing Marriott at University Place
2.) CLOSED
3.) Breakfast Coupons Given
4.) Not Key Accessible
5.) No Idea - Could not get in lounge.
6.) 06/10

1.) Romulus, MI/Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
2.) CLOSED
3.) Breakfast Coupons Given (Must Ask - Front Desk Staff don't always just give them when you check-in)
4.) Not Key Accessible.
5.) Saw Concierge Computer from window but couldn't see if there was any other computer available.
6.) 07/10

bdschobel Jul 30, 2010 5:32 am

1) Cleveland, OH Marriott East (Harvard Road)
2) Lounge is closed on weekends
3) Breakfast coupons ARE given (on request in my case, but the clerk acted like she just forgot)
4) The lounge is not key accessible on the weekends
5) The lounge offers free wireless internet (and so does the lobby)
6) July 29-August 1, 2010

Bruce

ohmark Jul 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Marcell (Post 14370259)
Atlanta Marriott Midtown Suites; Atlanta, GA

No Concierge Lounge in Hotel

Coupons Issued for a Free Buffet Breakfast

Stay was for the period June 20-23, 2010.

The dates of your stay indicate that you did NOT stay there for a weekend breakfast, which is the purpose of this thread. This property has for years provided breakfast coupons 7 days a week, but discontinued weekend coupons last year. Unless you know differently, the posting for this property should indicate that there is no lounge, and no coupons on the weekend.

SkiAdcock Jul 31, 2010 8:47 am

Made the change back to no coupons unless someone w/ a recent weekend stay lets us know otherwise.

Again, thanks to all who have been posting & please continue to do so.

Cheers.

Marcell Jul 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Marcell (Post 14370259)
Atlanta Marriott Midtown Suites; Atlanta, GA

No Concierge Lounge in Hotel

Coupons Issued for a Free Buffet Breakfast

Stay was for the period June 20-23, 2010.

This hotel does not have a concierge lounge in its hotel.

I don't recall if coupons are issued on weekends. It's been a while since I stayed on the weekend, but coupons were issued during my previous stay.

NJUPINTHEAIR Aug 5, 2010 2:43 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 14313346)
Thanks! We had them listed as open; this confirms it. Have heard there's a charge for booze & we don't have a report yet on whether there's a i-net terminal in the Ren lounge, so if anyone knows please post.

Cheers.

Updated my earlier post.

NJUPINTHEAIR Aug 5, 2010 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 14032849)
Ren LHR.

As per your entry, it is closed, doorkey entry to get free non-alcoholic drinks. Also, free breakfast coupons...

I wanted to add that although I arrived too late to confirm this, I was told that on Sunday evenings, the lounge is open and that food is served.

Monday morning they had lox and hot scrambled eggs and great looking rolls/breads, as well the standard items found on such a spread.

SkiAdcock Aug 5, 2010 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 14430552)
I wanted to add that although I arrived too late to confirm this, I was told that on Sunday evenings, the lounge is open and that food is served.

Monday morning they had lox and hot scrambled eggs and great looking rolls/breads, as well the standard items found on such a spread.

Thanks for the input. BrightlyBob & I are in sync on LHR Ren re: weekend brekkie access in lieu of lounge, and key accessible access.

We're looking for weekend lounge being open w/ brekkie/evening stuff. Most lounges, domestic & int'l, close at noon on Friday & re-open at 5pm Sunday - ie, basically the weekend is closed.

So we want to find the ones that are open on the weekend.

Cheers.

NJUPINTHEAIR Aug 6, 2010 10:35 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 14430601)
Thanks for the input. BrightlyBob & I are in sync on LHR Ren re: weekend brekkie access in lieu of lounge, and key accessible access.

We're looking for weekend lounge being open w/ brekkie/evening stuff. Most lounges, domestic & int'l, close at noon on Friday & re-open at 5pm Sunday - ie, basically the weekend is closed.

So we want to find the ones that are open on the weekend.

Cheers.

I thought that but wanted to confirm. Perhaps you can explain on the top of the thread that Sunday evenings are usually open and not what you consider the weekend.

SkiAdcock Aug 6, 2010 11:38 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 14434050)
I thought that but wanted to confirm. Perhaps you can explain on the top of the thread that Sunday evenings are usually open and not what you consider the weekend.

Good suggestion & first post has been updated w/ clarification.

Cheers.

ohmark Aug 8, 2010 12:30 am

Westfields Marriott (Chantilly VA) should show no lounge and no coupons (on weekend). Info from stay 7/10.

smithwis Aug 8, 2010 6:15 am

Well, here is my first FlyerTalk Post...

1) Philadelphia Renaissance
2) Closed
3) Coupons provided without asking
4) No
5) Don't Know
6) Aug 7, 2010

yul lite Aug 9, 2010 8:41 am

Marriott Bexleyheath, UK - no lounge.

Full breakfast for both adults. Wanted to charge 50% of adult price for each child, but after a heated debate breakfast was complimentary for the four of us.

No free computer access.

July 2010

Swindon Marriott, UK

Info good as of July 2010.

boxo Aug 9, 2010 9:55 am

Marriott Chicago O'Hare (Higgins Rd)

1) Chicago / Marriott Chicago O'Hare
2) CLOSED
3) NO coupons
4) NOT key accessible
5) one terminal & printer; no-password wifi
6) 8/10

FYI, lobby wifi is free too.

This property is NOT the Marriott O'Hare Suites (River Road & Higgins). They are approx 1 mi apart.

MarkedMan Aug 9, 2010 12:30 pm

1) New York, NY - Renaissance New York Hotel 57
2) Closed - sort of (well, if you've been you will know how it works, but there's no b'fast service)
3) I got coupons, but I don't believe it's standard
4) lounge area is open - there are water bottles which, afaik, anyone can grab, though most don't know to. no key card needed most of the time, except for b'fast service in the week
5) free wireless in lounge area/lobby area
6) 6/10