Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:55 pm

Herradura / Costa Rica Los Suenos Marriott: No lounge or breakfast benefits. Platinum arrival gift (1/2 bottle wine as a choice) and spin wheel - free ice cream / drinks / 20% off breakfast / etc. No manager's reception according to front desk.

San Jose (Costa Rica) Marriott: lounge open weekends - breakfast in lounge; appetizers 5:30pm-7:30pm.

Panama Marriott: lounge open weekends. Breakfast in lounge; appetizers 5pm-9pm.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by wxguy
1) City/State/Country/Property Name
Thailand/Pattaya/Marriott Resort

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;
Open daily. Continental breakfast in the morning, and hot/cold selections/full bar available during the evening with desserts until closing.

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;
As a PLAT, I was offered the alternative for breakfast in the restaurant. Since the lounge has only continental/cold offerings and the restaurant has a full American/International buffet, I chose the latter [I noted that on all three mornings I was there, the lounge was nearly empty at breakfast. So I guess most everyone else came to the same conclusion!]

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
Beverages (including full bar offerings) are available only from the attendants, so it is not possible to "grab and go" soda, water, etc.

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless
Free WiFi.

6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10)
12/11.
The above information is still accurate as of 03/15.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:35 pm
Suspended

one tweek to the continental breakfast offered in the lounge - you can ask Kat, or whoever is at the front desk, for eggs/omlettes, French toast etc. and they'll order it and have it delivered from the restaurant.

Originally Posted by wxguy
Thailand/Pattaya/Marriott Resort

Open daily. Continental breakfast in the morning, and hot/cold selections/full bar available during the evening with desserts until closing.

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;
As a PLAT, I was offered the alternative for breakfast in the restaurant. Since the lounge has only continental/cold offerings and the restaurant has a full American/International buffet, I chose the latter [I noted that on all three mornings I was there, the lounge was nearly empty at breakfast. So I guess most everyone else came to the same conclusion!]

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
Beverages (including full bar offerings) are available only from the attendants, so it is not possible to "grab and go" soda, water, etc.

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless
Free WiFi.

6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10)
12/11.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
* Brisbane / Marriott / OPEN; i-net term & free wireless; 01/15 update
Still accurate as of 3/15.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
* Las Vegas / Marriott / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast daily for Plats/Golds (includes All American Buffet); 03/28/15 update
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Stamford, CT Marriott

Update correction, stayed 27-30 Mar. 2015.
Lounge open Sat. - Sun. 7 a.m. - 11 a.m., for continental breakfast only (no hot food served). On these days, Plat/Gold may receive from the front desk a $10 p.p. discount certif. for full hot breakfast in Sam's restaurant, bringing price down to $7.95+tax.

Regular weekday lounge hours/offerings resume Sun. afternoon at 5:00 p.m.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:35 am
Suspended

Pattaya Courtyard (although I personally don't like the area)

Upgraded to 50SM top floor mini-suite.
PAG was choice of points or 2 MoMo express lunches. Was going to use this morning but was told you're plat so free breakfast - use cert later.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
* Las Vegas / The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection (Resort); Plat arrival gift 500pts or $10FB coupon; Resort fee is charged which includes free wi-fi; no waivers of resort fee; Platinums get $5 off Wicked Spoon and use preferred line even when not staying there; 03/29/15 update
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:04 am

JW Marriot Houston Galleria

Lounge is open for breakfast 7 days a week with full breakfast. It is not open for dinner Friday and Saturday night.

JW Marriot Houston Downtown

You can access the lounge on weekends for coffee and soft drinks, however no meals. Gold/Plat get full breakfast comped in the restaurant.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
* Bogota / Marriott / OPEN; wifi (per website); 01/05/15 update

Still accurate as of 3/27. More details:
Lounge open daily from 6A-12A. Breakfast 7 days/wk from 6a-10a (weekends until 10:30a); tea/coffee/soda from after breakfast to 5pm; hor d'oeuvres from 5:30-8:30pm; 2 complimentary beverages & one guest allowed (although this was not enforced at all as there were a few families up there).
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
LA / New Orleans / AC Hotel Bourbon

While there is no lounge at this hotel, as a Plat I was given 500 points at check in, plus the option to take any non alcoholic item from the little market (just like a CY). You also get the option of either free breakfast buffet every day (a small but filling selection of carbs, fruit, juice, coffee, sliced meats and cheeses, plus some quiches) OR 2 cocktails at the bar. The breakfast costs more and is free for every day, so it's a better value - esp if you're staying more than 2 nights (cocktails are about $11-$12, buffet is $14).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:52 am

Marriott San Antonio Nortwest

Closed on weekends, Gold/Plat get full breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:15 am

Multiple stays, including a stay on March 28, confirm that Marriott Minneapolis Southwest continues to offer only continental breakfast, with a $4 upcharge to the full buffet.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold
Bali / Courtyard Bali Seminyak / No Lounge; Breakfast for 2 for elites; also, 20% off restaurant, in-room dining
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Marriott Milwaukee West

Pewaukee/Waukesha/WI - Marriott Milwaukee West

Lounge is closed on weekends (closes noon Friday, reopens 5pm Sunday)
Offered points or voucher for breakfast for weekend breakfast when lounge is closed (voucher good for two people; had more in party but told only 2 people given free breakfast; buffet breakfast is worth $13pp)

3) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water.
No.

4) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless
Unknown

5) date you know the info was valid (ie, 06/14)
As of April 2015

Also, for Plats, if you can report the following (for US/Canada properties only) re: the Platinum arrival gift:
$10 FB credit only

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.